The Main Reason Why We Hate Spurs?

Tooj

Also, I reckon after Gazza signed for them, Spurs got quite a few 'glory hunter' Geordie fans.

I can think of two Geordies I know who support Spurs and cannot give me one valid reason. Although they wont admit it I know for a FACT that when they we're kids and Gazza signed for Spurs while we were shit, they jumped ship.

Oh the shame they must feel inside.

Guest BooBoo

Dont get the hatred really. I dont hate any club other than the tramps. Waste of time. I know one or two Spurs fans and they're decent folk just like us, hoping and striving to break footballs dull monopoly.

Guest Chubby Jason

1. Their fans.

2. How the media lavishes them with praise despite them being shit for as long as I can remember.

Guest Heneage

Don't hate them, but the fact we've beaten them the last 5 times we've played and the argue it is annoying.

Don't hate them, but the fact we've beaten them the last 5 times we've played and the argue it is annoying.

Isnt it 6 times now?......hell, I guess Ive lost count. It's a shame we didnt tell Modric about our recent record against them.

they're from London

their kit

the way they constantly refer to "wots 'appenin' daan the laaane"

David fucking Pleat

Alan Sugar

Chas and Dave

that "we always win it in the year ending in 1 bollocks"

Motson wanking over Ricky Villa every time he recalls FA cup memories

Ossie Ardilles

Gus Poyet

irritating league cup wins, which makes them feel so superior to us

signing Gazza (although I wasn't born)

signing Sir Les

signing Ginola

signing Woodgate

signing Modric

going after anyone we're linked with

Jee-nas

Chimbonda

getting £2m from us for fatty Carr

all this 'ITK' bollocks

Will add more when I can think of it.

Take away Alan Sugar and add not signing Damien Duff and that is about right.

Guest saintscoobz

I dont really hate spurs, I sort of pity them.

I work with a couple of fans they never shut up when they won the cup. Went strangely quiet after we all took a trip to white heart lane though.

Think i hate chelsea more.  Cockney twats

i hate them cos deep down, theyre kinda what i want newcastle to be.....apart from the london-ness and cockiness and smaller stadium. they really get under my skin, definitely up there with man utd, smoggies and scumderland.

:knuppel2:

Guest KeithKettleborough

Gang of their supporters beat up some of my mates when they were in the Underground after the 74 Cup Final.  They had suffered enough without that happening to them.

Guess when you remember that its hard to love em even though its yonks ago

Guest Gh0StFaC3

Being raised in Australia, I guess I don't feel the same kind of hatred for local rivals like the the mackems & smoggies.

I've grown to develop a  pure hatred for teams like Spuds & Man Ure, simply due to their fans I encounter here in Oz.  Spuds fans here are mostly arrogant, self-important wank stains & tend to look down on the north, while Man Ure fans are the biggest bandwagoners you're ever likely to meet - typically having very little football knowledge!

Guest Gh0StFaC3

cockney mackems sums it up pretty nicely :clap:

I dream of a chant that somehow incorporates the phrase "cockney mackems"

I don't hate them at all personally. The rivalry only seems to have grown up over the last few years, I reckon because our two clubs are in similar positions. We've been the two most widely tipped to break the monopoly of the big four, and we've been sweating away, never quite making it. Some mutual irritation is bound to break out.

If they'd have got into the top four a couple of years ago, I'd have been annoyed. Not because I hate Spurs, but because I want us to be the ones that do it.

Guest teepee

i hate them because their fans seems to think they are a big club no matter how fuckin bad they've been playing for years and years (probably much the same way many view newcastle....)

pretentious bastards

It's the fans. With 99% of teams you get at least a few who are alright and down to earth. I've yet to meet a Spurs fan who's down to earth and you can really talk football with.

This.

I've said it before - I have only ever met one Spurs fan i like, and i've had the misfortune to meet quite a few. Set of deluded, arrogant Southern fannies

Mine stemmed from watching the final day when we had to beat Spurs and Man u had to loose to the Boro (The infamous 12 point loss season).

We only drew and this cockney twat in his spuds shirt started rubbing me round the head and dancing with delight.

Needless to say I twatted him outside for it and got a cheer as most that had spoken to him thought he needed it.

I know you can't tarnish everyone with the same brush but spuds fans for the vast majority are knobs.

never had much to do with 'em but those two chelpers that come on here omit such arrogance/confidence (call it what you will) i've started to hate the lot of them, pity 'cause when the lad jol isn't lording it up he sometimes has some reasonable points to make