The Main Reason Why We Hate Spurs?

Tooj

I hate them because they've been bigged up for so long in the Premiership, have only really done anything in the last 3 years, and even then are getting more praise for finishing 5th a couple of times than what we did for playing a similar style of football and finishing 4th and 3rd. Tw*nts.

I honestly didn't mind Spurs at all before I started posting on here. They played good football, they signed a Korean, and I kind of felt that we were kindred spirits as mid-table clubs trying to break into the top four.

Of course, since defo (who honestly should be banned by now,) Kingdawson, and Martin Jol became the only three Spurs fans I know, my opinion of them has slided a bit, to say the least.

MJ and KD who post on here made me hate them.

We first encountered MJ on this board and i couldn't work out whether he was taking the piss with all his ITK bollocks, but he persisted and over the years it's become the laughing stock of this board.

Then came along King Dawson, who's name tells the whole story. I'm sure i saw a post from him the other day saying that every time he sees Dunne play he's "shaky", which is laughable considering his name. Mind you i do admire his sheer blindness to the Spurs cause. Reminds me of the way the Germans were convinced that Hitler was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Which is another piece of irony considering the racial background of a large part of their fans.

The only other Spurs fan i have ever come across was a bloke down the road, who i didn't even realise was a football fan until they won the carling cup..... funny that.

and then there's this whole transfer buisness.

I like many others here hate spurs with a vengence, being an anti-fan (ie supporting any team that plays against them). This goes back a long time. I think that it started when waddle left and was reinforced when gazza left (and they and their manager claimed they had truned gazza into a world class player overnight - when he had almsot single-handedly kept us in Div 1 the previious season - this still rankles me).

Then a cup match I attended in the mid 80s, when they oversold tickets to us, forcing many into overcrowded paddocks. I remeber a young lad infront of me being crushed. Many kids were passed over the heads of us towards the pitch, and some climbed on to the picth to try to get in an empty paddock next to us. All the time coins and bottles were raining onto us from these scum fans. Next day all the papers were full of stories of geordies rioting - nothing could be further from the truth. And we lost.

I dont hate them really. This thing chasing the same player as we are, is getting abit annoying though, but aside from that, I relate to them and like some of their players. I was actually very happy for them after the Carling Cup, and there may be some Spurs fans in the family  :shifty:

They think they are massive, and the media agree. We get shit for being deluded ect ect, but 2 leagues Spurs seem to get away with thinking they should be as big as Arsenal. They boil my piss to be fair.

Guest Knightrider

I think this 'hatred' is more of an internet fueled hatred than anything else tbh, although there is no love lost between the two sets of fans where general match days are concerned, but again, it's more internet driven than anything else and for me, kind of false.

I honestly couldn't give a shite myself. They are irrelevant to me, just another club like West Ham or Pompey.

PS - the internet lead hatred/rivalry thing is quite an interesting sub culture of football rivalry, board invasions, lets all laugh at threads and tosser like rival fan forum members can all drive a section of fans (forum based fans) to hate or regard others as rivals. Just look at RAWK, ever since Owen that particular forum seems to revel in our woes, where as on here, we seem to have this thing for Spurs and because of negative references to NUFC on RAWK, a thing for Liverpool too. It's all a bit petty and tit for tat though if you ask me. Good fun at times, but boring in the main.

It works the other way mind, I never used to like Everton all that much but because of 1878 I've found myself wanting them to do well in certain matches. Same with Villa (Brummie), although I've always had a soft spot for Villa.

Martin Jol seems an ok poster even though he's an obvious Spurs plant checking our opinions on possible signings before texting his sister in law.

The only time I really hated Spurs was when Hoddle was in charge, but that was because I can't stand the smug bastard.

Guest Knightrider

I can see why many fans, not just our own, have a thing about them like as the media don't half portray them as something they aren't but the day I allow the media to form my thinking for me, is the day I give up. The same applies to us btw, for all the crap press we get, we also get a lot of favourable press which can build up a to be expected dislike in us from rival fans. More fool them though and more fool anyone who allows outside influences to form your thinking for you. I don't hate any clubs really, or any set of fans, although Chelsea push those buttons and sunderland I dislike obviously, but that's more about being a Geordie than being a NUFC fan as really, they are irrelevant to me as a football club outside of the very rare 2 matches a season we sometimes get to play beat/take points from them.

Guest neesy111

still in the league, for the duration of the premier league, we are way ahead of them

they still haven't been in the champs league and haven't remotely came close to challenging for the league

KD's as partial to Spurs as most of us are to Newcastle, imo. Initially, I did think he was here only to wind people up (and to be fair, it worked like a charm, especially against Stevie :lol:) but now he's a canny poster who offers us a different perspective on things, much like 1878 and brummie do.

I don't really dislike Spurs at all. They've done fuck all to us while we've given them quite a few beatings over the years. In fact, I think I might actually like them :laugh:

Joking aside, Spurs are alright. Pretty similar club to us, as well.

I can see why many fans, not just our own, have a thing about them like as the media don't half portray them as something they aren't but the day I allow the media to form my thinking for me, is the day I give up. The same applies to us btw, for all the crap press we get, we also get a lot of favourable press which can build up a to be expected dislike in us from rival fans. More fool them though and more fool anyone who allows outside influences to form your thinking for you. I don't hate any clubs really, or any set of fans, although Chelsea push those buttons and sunderland I dislike obviously, but that's more about being a Geordie than being a NUFC fan as really, they are irrelevant to me as a football club outside of the very rare 2 matches a season we sometimes get to play beat/take points from them.

It's a joke with us like, we used to be everyone's 2nd team so to speak, but now we do seem to have a lot who hate us.

Guest hodsgod

We are basically a notch above them as a club in all but trophy haul and they hate that yet they are currently deemed more attractive than us and we hate that.

Just about the top and bottom of it really.

Black and White goggles marra. If trophy haul isn't the measure what is? Number of seasons in the top flight? Turnover? Crowd size?

Crowd size is one winner, remember pre SJH days?

Guest Knightrider

It's a joke with us like, we used to be everyone's 2nd team so to speak, but now we do seem to have a lot who hate us.

I find the hatred more internet based myself, I travel all over the country and Scotland too every week, and I haven't met many who have a bad word to say about NUFC, much less Geordies in general.

And I think I know why, internet fans analyze everything to death and read everything where as your average fan kind is kind of cut off from all that, so a lot of the shite just doesn't register or gets left behind pretty quickly.

People I meet still talk to me about the early KK days, how great we were to watch, how good it would be for KK, a national treasure btw and not some joke figure, to win something.

I think sometimes we (ie people who spend an inordinate amount of time hanging around on internet forums) get carried away with the world we inhabit.

For example, how many regular posters are there here? A few hundred? And the distaste for Spurs is clear to see, but it is easy (though wrong) to assume that this is the case for Newcastle fans as a whole.

Out in the real world, if you did a straw poll, you'd probably find most Newcastle supporters would shrug and say next to nothing when asked what they think of Spurs.

We are basically a notch above them as a club in all but trophy haul and they hate that yet they are currently deemed more attractive than us and we hate that.

Just about the top and bottom of it really.

Black and White goggles marra. If trophy haul isn't the measure what is? Number of seasons in the top flight? Turnover? Crowd size?

Crowd size is one winner, remember pre SJH days?

So what about pre SJH days?, those were the 80's and if I am not mistaken we had great crowds for THAT era of football (bar one or two matches) and what division (s) we were in. Contrary to the southern media's popular belief, we didnt suddenly get big crowds for the first time in 1992 when Keegan came in, we have a history of large crowds throughout our existance.

Havent got a clue about number of seasons in the top flight but since you mentioned it I guess you have more than us but I would say that we have turned over more than Spurs in 14 out of the last 15 years at a guess.

Coming on here and reading countless threads that are either about Spurs or the discussion has moved onto Spurs infuriates me, there are currently 2 maybe 3 regular Spurs posters on here that ive noticed, i wouldnt be suprised if in a year that figure is more like 10 the way this forum is going.

Coming on here and reading countless threads that are either about Spurs or the discussion has moved onto Spurs infuriates me, there are currently 2 maybe 3 regular Spurs posters on here that ive noticed, i wouldnt be suprised if in a year that figure is more like 10 the way this forum is going.

Yeah, the name of the site will have to change to Newcastle-Online-Featuring-Spurs.com soon.  To be honest, and I'm not having a go at anyone, but I don't really see why you would want to consistently post on another clubs site unless you are playing said side soon or buying a player from them.

I have met quite a few Spurs Fans with work and I couldn't talk about football to them after a while because it started to piss me off how little they knew about other teams and the game in general and their delusion of grandeur (at least thats what it would be called if we did it).  Maybe it's just because they are Cockneys and maybe there are some decent Spurs fans out there but I'm yet to meet one.

we used to be everyone's 2nd team so to speak, but now we do seem to have a lot who hate us.

so much of that seemed to escalate off the charts because we apparently had the nerve to get rid of allardyce and his negative football. or at least so i have noticed, we've had very little positive press since

I think sometimes we (ie people who spend an inordinate amount of time hanging around on internet forums) get carried away with the world we inhabit.

For example, how many regular posters are there here? A few hundred? And the distaste for Spurs is clear to see, but it is easy (though wrong) to assume that this is the case for Newcastle fans as a whole.

Out in the real world, if you did a straw poll, you'd probably find most Newcastle supporters would shrug and say next to nothing when asked what they think of Spurs.

I think that a lot of it depends where you live and who you brush up against in the real world. Most NUFC supporters are in the North East and wouldn't usually come across many spurs fans and so, like you say, probably wouldn't have much of a strong opinion either way.

I moved away from the North East 20 years ago and I have to admit that I don't really hate Sunderland that much any more. I think I've met about three of their supporters in the 20 years that I've been down here and they've been decent blokes. A far cry from what you'd hear from the people on this board that still live in the area.

The flip side, of course, is that I'm surrounded by other fans; and I have to say that I find spurs fans really annoying for a variety of reasons.