The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

f***'s sake. Third time so far this tournament, that i've walked out the room for half a minute, and someone's scored. Pissing hell!

You missed one of THE great Euro goals.

So good they're not allowed to replay it ever again. Shame Yorkie!

the rules must say something about intention or circumstance, otherwise whenever a player rolls off the pitch injured, until the ball is kicked out of play, he'd be playing the opposition onside basically up to the goalkeeper, which would be farcical.

the rules must say something about intention or circumstance, otherwise whenever a player rolls off the pitch injured, until the ball is kicked out of play, he'd be playing the opposition onside basically up to the goalkeeper, which would be farcical.

If someone is injured the ref can stop play at any time. It would be farcical for the referee not to stop play.

In the Premiership didn't we introduce a rule that means players must keep playing until if someone is injured until the ref blows his whistle nh?

Fuck's sake. Third time so far this tournament, that i've walked out the room for half a minute, and someone's scored. Pissing hell!

You missed one of THE great Euro goals.

Was a belter wasn't it. :lol:

Pleased that Sweden have fucked them. Pretty disgusting performance from the Greeks tbh. Smacked of smugness, arrogance, and deludedness tbh; who do they think they are? Fluked their way to the last one and were not going to do it again, and i hate managers like Rehhagel. Hope they finish bottom. :thup:

I had to miss Holland vs Italy last night, but I saw the controversial goal last night and felt it should have stood and have no problem with the rules.

Otherwise, when the ball is in the other half, three defenders could stand on the halfway line, while a sweeper could stand behind the goal line waiting to deal with any instances of the offside trap being broken.

I had to miss Holland vs Italy last night, but I saw the controversial goal last night and felt it should have stood and have no problem with the rules.

Otherwise, when the ball is in the other half, three defenders could stand on the halfway line, while a sweeper could stand behind the goal line waiting to deal with any instances of the offside trap being broken.

We know all that man, but equally, an attacker could shoulder charge a defender off the pitch and (assuming he's not penalised) ensure that there is no chance of being offside.

We know all that man, but equally, an attacker could shoulder charge a defender off the pitch and (assuming he's not penalised) ensure that there is no chance of being offside.

If there is no foul given what would be wrong with that?

If he could shoulder charge him he wouldn't be offside anyway lol.

Well, the goal last night, for one. The defender didn't leave the pitch under his own volition, he was pushed off the pitch and his team was penalised for it.

Well, the goal last night, for one. The defender didn't leave the pitch under his own volition, he was pushed off the pitch and his team was penalised for it.

Gianluigi was the one who pushed him.. had it been a Dutch player it would be a freekick.

In your example, if the defender was shoulder charged and through that an attacker would be onside if a pass was made what would be wrong with that, assuming the shoulder charge wasn't a foul? The same would happen if the incident happened and the defender stayed on the pitch, putting the attacker onside..?

In yesterday evening´s event, it was an Italian player pushing an Italian player out of play.

In any case, the rule is pretty clear if you ask me and there seems to be no debate between the people who know the rules..