The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The pitch is awful, makes it really interesting though.

Whats the rule about offside if the keeper is ahead of play ?

It's level with the second last defender, whether it's keeper or otherwise. The only issue is whether the ball was played forwards.

Guest optimistic nit

who was that player who could dribble with his head during football matches? i think he was south american.

So if you skin the keeper and then square it to a team mate you will be offside unless there are two defenders behind the ball ? Thats stupid.

What?

If the teammate is ahead of the ball when played, yeah.

So if you skin the keeper and then square it to a team mate you will be offside unless there are two defenders behind the ball ? Thats stupid.

What?

I guess technically if you square it to a teammate, then no, but if you play it forward to a teammate, then yes. 

Guest optimistic nit

quite pissed off actually. turkey are by far the better team, but the swiss will win, because of the fucking weather.

What?

I guess technically if you square it to a teammate, then no, but if you play it forward to a teammate, then yes. 

Doesn't matter what "way" you play it. What matters is the recipient's position when played. You could pass it backwards and the guy could be offside.

What?

Doesn't matter what "way" you play it. What matters is the recipient's position when played. You could pass it backwards and the guy could be offside.

Yeah, that sounds right...

Isn't this the main stadium in the tournament?  Why is this happening here?

As long as the recipient is behind the ball when struck, it doesn't matter what direction the ball is passed in. That's why so many teams can score lay-offs on the break when it's one on one with the keeper.

Guest optimistic nit

What?

no, thats wrong.

Guest optimistic nit

if the player recieving is behind the player passing, its onside or if the ball goes backwards its onside, i'm 100% positive.

if the player recieving is behind the player passing, its onside or if the ball goes backwards its onside, i'm 100% positive.

I'm pretty sure this is correct, you can't be played offside in a pass that isn't going forward.

Fucking hell guys of course you can.

This is correct.

Guest optimistic nit

i'm not 100% sure now. i haven't found anything on the internet saying so far that you are onside if the ball is played backwards, but nothing saying you are offside either.

i'm still sure i heard it said on tv though.

f***ing hell guys of course you can.

This is correct.

Most certainly not..