This is what i HATE about football

Decky

I can't take the opinions of those that support clubs from areas they have no affiliation to seriously. And yes I'm afraid that includes Newcastle "fans" from foreign parts.

So if any of these plastic fans tried to rub it in that Man U had won the Champions League, I'd just laugh in their face. I honestly think I'd get more enjoyment out of telling them what I thought of them as supporters than they'd get out of trying to brag about winning something they had no involvement in or connection to whatsoever.

What really annoys me...

I accused an Arsenal fan from York of being a glory supporter a couple of years ago.  He adimitettly denied it "Hardly, we haven't won a cup in over a year.  We're not really that successful.  Haven't won the league in 3 years"

What really annoys me...

I accused an Arsenal fan from York of being a glory supporter a couple of years ago.  He adimitettly denied it "Hardly, we haven't won a cup in over a year.  We're not really that successful.  Haven't won the league in 3 years"

So why THE FUCK do you support Arsenal then? What made you choose them over, say, Havant and Waterlooville? Why not bloody support York? Muppets, the lot of them.

Dont know if its been mentioned, but the amount of Man utd fans that have been on TV/Radio today claiming yesterday was the Greatest day of there life - where the hell were they 8-9 years ago on the same day they completed the Treble and played in a far more dramatic final.

I remember saying to one of them about how gutted i was about Newcastle, this was after the Blactkburn game, i honestly thought we were going down and was miserable for weeks pior so at this stage i was unapproachable :lol: Anyway he told me he knows how i feel........... because he felt the same "that season United didnt win anything"

I called him everything

So this thread is pretty much attacking anyone who doesnt support a club where there from?

Personally I'd prefer it to be a thread for attacking anyone who doesn't support a club where they don't have some sort of affiliation to the area where the club is based.

I was born and brought up here, but I can understand people supporting any club if it's where their parents are from or if they lived there for a few years or some other equally good reason. But not otherwise.

I understand financially why glory-hunters are good for clubs (Even our club, we have some still from the original Keegan days or the Robson days) and are a necessary evil, but I can't take them or their opinions even remotely seriously.

So this thread is pretty much attacking anyone who doesnt support a club where there from?

Personally I'd prefer it to be a thread for attacking anyone who doesn't support a club where they don't have some sort of affiliation to the area where the club is based.

I was born and brought up here, but I can understand people supporting any club if it's where their parents are from or if they lived there for a few years or some other equally good reason. But not otherwise.

I understand financially why glory-hunters are good for clubs (Even our club, we have some still from the original Keegan days or the Robson days) and are a necessary evil, but I can't take them or their opinions even remotely seriously.

I just thought it was an excuse to have a go at Dave without mentioning his name :)

well im not from the area, and i support newcastle, why should my opion be any differently viewed? there are no clubs anywhere near me (south london clubs 2 hours away) and so theres no obvious "local team". i come from a place where everyone supports chelsea or man united. one of my mates is a millwall season tickt holder, and i respect his views on football, but hes not from the area of millwall. i think the main thing is the sentiments rather than the team, i chose to support newcastle because i really liked the team, and the feel of the fans and the team. and i started supporting us in the latter days of souness. since then ive never looked back, been to all the games i phaesibly could- watched the rest online. i know what it feels like to be a newcastle supporter, admitedly, some of the bona fide geordies probably know better, but im there as well. i think the difference if i never knew what thes score was like my chelsea supporting mates, or never been to a match in my life like some, then theres no place for your opinion. like i say, one of my best mates is a sth at millwall, id have just as much respect for his opinion if he supported rochdale or ipswich for all i care.

Jbarnes long may your attitude continue, if every club only ever had local support then we would have no dynamic leagues anywhere. If all you do is look at who is winning things/top of the league, flavour club of the month and randomly pick them so you can be part of the crowd then I feel sorry for you. What goes up most definetly goes down and teams like that would be hit hardest by a permanent drop in fortunes. Teams like newcastle who has not won anything in an age so on the surface would hold no real bragging rights to support I feel so proud that my local club can be so attractive to people from around the world.

What really annoys me...

:lol:

Have the exact same with some Liverpool fans I know. You can't explain anything to them. Like one denied getting lucky in the second leg against Arsenal, his argument was "Well we scored one after Gerrards penalty anyway" dismissing me trying to explain that that was a consequence of Arsenal having to go for another goal and only leaving one player back. Blood boiling.  :tickedoff:

well im not from the area, and i support newcastle, why should my opion be any differently viewed? there are no clubs anywhere near me (south london clubs 2 hours away) and so theres no obvious "local team". i come from a place where everyone supports chelsea or man united. one of my mates is a millwall season tickt holder, and i respect his views on football, but hes not from the area of millwall. i think the main thing is the sentiments rather than the team, i chose to support newcastle because i really liked the team, and the feel of the fans and the team. and i started supporting us in the latter days of souness. since then ive never looked back, been to all the games i phaesibly could- watched the rest online. i know what it feels like to be a newcastle supporter, admitedly, some of the bona fide geordies probably know better, but im there as well. i think the difference if i never knew what thes score was like my chelsea supporting mates, or never been to a match in my life like some, then theres no place for your opinion. like i say, one of my best mates is a sth at millwall, id have just as much respect for his opinion if he supported rochdale or ipswich for all i care.

Your opinions are just as valid as anyone else. These types of insular views come up now and again on here, and to be perfectly honest make me a little ashamed of fellow born and bred geordies.

This guy should be concerntrating on those fans that jumped on the band wagon in Keegan's first fling then jumped off again when things didn't look so good.

There are many born and bred Geordies who purport to supporting NUFC, that know bugger all about football and the club. These people will struggle to name any player beyond Owen, Given or Martins (well perhaps Joey Barton, but not for footballing resons). So having some connection to the area does not legitimise your view, if you talk shite you talk shite no matter what your postcode is.

For my part, I'm glad to see so many people with no connection to the city, supporting NUFC. I would never write off someone's opinion because they weren't lucky enough to be born within the shadows of SJP.

cheers. as i say, im not trying to open up a can of worms here or anything like that. i really believe there isnt a local team at all for me in the football league, id probably support fulham if if didnt like newcastle but thats a good 2 hrs 30 away! my point is, the neaest team is millwall. my mate goes there but hes hardly your stereotype south london type, i still respect him though. tell you what pisses me off the most though: down here, no local team so absolutely everyone apart from a select few supports 1 of the big 4 and takes great pleasure in ripping out of anyone they regard as shite (so anyone except the top 6). well you shouldve seen his face when we were crucifying him when chelsea lost yesterday! an absolute picture! talking of which have a look at this hilarious SSN interview with a chelsea fan http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fEyFKbG13z0 count the yeahs!!!

cheers. as i say, im not trying to open up a can of worms here or anything like that. i really believe there isnt a local team at all for me in the football league, id probably support fulham if if didnt like newcastle but thats a good 2 hrs 30 away! my point is, the neaest team is millwall. my mate goes there but hes hardly your stereotype south london type, i still respect him though. tell you what pisses me off the most though: down here, no local team so absolutely everyone apart from a select few supports 1 of the big 4 and takes great pleasure in ripping out of anyone they regard as shite (so anyone except the top 6). well you shouldve seen his face when we were crucifying him when chelsea lost yesterday! an absolute picture! talking of which have a look at this hilarious SSN interview with a chelsea fan http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fEyFKbG13z0 count the yeahs!!!

Haha. The "Yeah?" sounds like the interviewer :lol:

What really annoys me...

:lol:

My Man Utd supporting mate says shite like that.

'Well we didn't win anything last year did we?'

• 4 weeks later...

Great, ive to sit through 1 last fixture against those Manure cunts before i move over to the North East :( Think ill spend the first day of the season in the house with the radio and a mug of tea tbh.