England Game Tonight v USA, Who would you pick?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest Jawesome

Ok, I'm heading off to watch this downstairs.  Not doubt I'll be back after 15 minutes of boredom.  Think I've got some paint that I wanted to watch dry as well somewhere actually...

Got to say I really couldn't care less about this match, or the result.

I am English so of course I want them to do well in the major competitions but even for them I feel slightly out of place.

why is it we just pick 'the best' individuals, ie gerrard lampard. when will we pick a team and not just overrated players, lampard. also terry as captain  :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:. bit embarassing having a foul mouthed twat as the captain of the national team.

He's falling victim to the same kind of shit that Eriksson did.  Wonder when England will actually get a manager with the yarbles to cut some of the shite. 

Seriously, how can anyone justify Lampard's inclusion in this team based on his international form.  He's dynamite for Chelsea, but come on.

im not a big fan of england, but i always watch in the hope that we might actually play a bit of decent football. Cant belive that yet another manager has come in and not had the bottle to shake things up a bit. Same old players, same old crap, never gona change

Wonder if Onyewu will get any time on the pitch.

2mins and counting.

Thought he was on the bench?

Started.

Fair play. I have no tv so I went on what skysports.com's commentary said.

USA Howard, Califf, Cherundolo, Pearce, Bocanegra, Dempsey, Bradley, Clark, Beasley, Johnson, Wolff. Subs: Guzan, Onyewu, Lewis, Jaqua, Adu, Edu, Hejduk.

Beasley looks a very tidy player and Bradley has been getting watched by a few European sides aswell. Doesn't look like we missed out on a good player with Onyewu, maybe a decent squad player for the likes of Fulham though.

Guest Jawesome

Beasley looks a very tidy player and Bradley has been getting watched by a few European sides aswell. Doesn't look like we missed out on a good player with Onyewu, maybe a decent squad player for the likes of Fulham though.

I think Beasley looks very weak and one-footed.

Anyone else think Rooney's been pretty poor for quite a while now, for both club and country? Don't notice as much for Man Utd due to the five (or whatever) other ridiculously talented attacking players they have.