Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/06/03/Prem-Newcastle-keen-on-Aimar/?facets/great-britain-locale/sport-space/football/

The Spanish press claim that Newcastle are pushing to sign Real Zaragoza midfielder Pablo Aimar.

The Magpies are believed to be looking for a replacement for Emre, who has been allowed to return to Turkey.

This man could be former Argentina international Aimar, who is not part of the Spanish club's plans after they have been relegated to second division.

Greek giants Panathinaikos have already launched a bid to try and sign the attacking midfielder, and Kevin Keegan has reportedly been told to make an improved offer to match Zaragoza's demands.

A £4 million fee should be enough to secure the services of a player who joined the blues back in June 2006 for £9 million.

Zaragoza's board of directors have reportedly decided during a meeting that Aimar moving is a priority, and they have apparently welcomed Newcastle's approach for a player who was one of the best in the world only a few years ago.

It has also been claimed that the South American would be happy to move to England and start an adventure in The Premier League.

Guest Heneage

D'alessandro did well for Pompey, he would probably need a Riquelme esq role, very much a baggage player. Don't get me wrong brilliantly clever player, who could be a good pinnacle of the attack, and if we could get 2 Essien like players to run for him not to say hes bereft of pace but to do the tackling play break-up. But when does it ever turn out like we wish.

I was against transfer forum but imo we should get one now

not having a go at topic starter btw

I think the problem is there are some people posting in the Realistic Summer Transfers thread, but there are also several individual transfer target threads. Not everyone reads every post in every thread, so that's how these new ones get started.

I think the problem is there are some people posting in the Realistic Summer Transfers thread, but there are also several individual transfer target threads. Not everyone reads every post in every thread, so that's how these new ones get started.

That's more to do with the poster than the forum though. "Realistic transfer target" thread for suggestions that maybe haven't been linked, a thread for a player when there's been a link. Surely not too hard or much to whinge about surely?

That's more to do with the poster than the forum though. "Realistic transfer target" thread for suggestions that maybe haven't been linked, a thread for a player when there's been a link. Surely not too hard or much to whinge about surely?

I think that's right. There's a few news sites running this story (although I think it's just speculation) but it seems as good a reason for a thread as Turan, Ashton or any of the other threads currently running.

FWIW, I've only seen the Youtube clips  and although he looks tremendously skillful, he looks like one of those who's only interested in going forward. Couldn't se him tracking back much.

FWIW, I've only seen the Youtube clips  and although he looks tremendously skillful, he looks like one of those who's only interested in going forward. Couldn't se him tracking back much.

Give him more of a free role, if you do that you really see the best of those sort of players. I'm sure Keegan would know what to do with him.

tbf marca is usually quite reliable but i agree that if the right offer comes in he will leave.

Marca is worse than our tabloids. It's a daily paper dedicated to sport, that means there's even more bullshit. They got in trouble once for making up quotes from Kaka, or photo shopping him into a Real Madrid shirt, it was something like that. Probably both.

tbf marca is usually quite reliable but i agree that if the right offer comes in he will leave.

Marca is worse than our tabloids. It's a daily paper dedicated to sport, that means there's even more bullshit. They got in trouble once for making up quotes from Kaka, or photo shopping him into a Real Madrid shirt, it was something like that. Probably both.

They have their moments but generally they're good. The journalists are much closer to the clubs over there than what ours are, so get more accurate sources.

Give him more of a free role, if you do that you really see the best of those sort of players. I'm sure Keegan would know what to do with him.

from also watching youtube.looks like he could play owen's roles and slip him and martins in

It's tough to call on these ones. Skilful players tend to thrive in teams that play quick pass and move on the floor. In the Premier only a few teams are set up to maximise that, Man U and Arsenal are great examples. A Pablo Aimar is more likely to be effective at one of those teams than at say Villa.

Guest ObaStar

I want Aimar. Has been transfer listed. Would be the creative spark we need. Lets get him in

Nope. He would´t do that. Aimar is a pure attacking player :snod:

Guest shearer_206

Nope. He would´t do that. Aimar is a pure attacking player :snod:

Who is past his best!!

You've got to ask why he's playing for a poor team in Spain with his reputation - think it's clear he's past the form he showed at Valencia. May be an interesting signing for his creativity, especially considering the ridiculous decision to sell Emre. Wouldn't mind having him here but if we're going on the vibe of signing young, promising players, sense it does not make.