Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

What so Moyes doesn't even know what he has to spend yet? Must be a crisis at Everton too then.

There's all sorts of s*** going on- Moyes hasn't signed a contract still, supposedly doesn't know his budget,  the people who underwrote the loans for last seasons transfer activity Phillip Green and his stooge Robert Earl are rumoured to want out due to it looking increasingly likely that the Kirkby stadium won't happen (thank f***). Takeover rumours were flying about a few weeks ago.

Papers don't seem interested though.

What so Moyes doesn't even know what he has to spend yet? Must be a crisis at Everton too then.

There's all sorts of s*** going on- Moyes hasn't signed a contract still, supposedly doesn't know his budget,  the people who underwrote the loans for last seasons transfer activity Phillip Green and his stooge Robert Earl are rumoured to want out due to it looking increasingly likely that the Kirkby stadium won't happen (thank f***). Takeover rumours were flying about a few weeks ago.

The papers aren't interested for whatever reason though.

I hope that wasn't a complaint!  I know you're probably like us and want to know whats going on at your club, but be grateful they've haven't reported it with a malicious twist like we've experienced.

Ha, that comparison didn't work out as intended.

Ha, that comparison didn't work out as intended.

:laugh:

Maybe 1878 didn't realise that Dave was being facetious.

Guest Guinness

Maybe signing Gutierrez might work in our favour here.

Hope so, the more I think about it the more I'd like to see Aimar here. Despite his recent slump in form and fitness he's the sort of player who could potentially flourish under Keegan. There's no doubt he's got ability, he's highly creative and if given an appropriate role could prove to be just what we need.

Maybe signing Gutierrez might work in our favour here.

Hope so, the more I think about it the more I'd like to see Aimar here. Despite his recent slump in form and fitness he's the sort of player who could potentially flourish under Keegan. There's no doubt he's got ability, he's highly creative and if given an appropriate role could prove to be just what we need.

Aimar was a sensational player at Valencia, i think its very much worth taking a chance on him and getting him back to form.

As long as his wage demand are not stupid.

Juninho came to this country at the age of 22, and had the time to adapt to the League. The Beardsley point is also invalid in my opinion because he was born and raised in this country, it's the only style of football he knew. I understand that Zola came at the age of 30, but Zola was an exceptional player.

Aimar is not.

He is. His talent isn't in doubt. I'm not sure whether his attitude/motivation has let him down the past few years, but there was a time he was one of the best in Europe.

I haven't seen Elano apart from this past season but for comparison's sake, when Aimar was at his best, there's no fucking doubt that he's on a different planet to Elano.

When he was awesome at Valencia for those 2 or 3 seasons, he could easily dominate a game in the way that Zidane dominated games. He just wasn't consistent enough; however, the ability is there.

I haven't seen Elano apart from this past season but for comparison's sake, when Aimar was at his best, there's no fucking doubt that he's on a different planet to Elano.

When he was awesome at Valencia for those 2 or 3 seasons, he could easily dominate a game in the way that Zidane dominated games. He just wasn't consistent enough; however, the ability is there.

For the record, my mention of Elano earlier in the thread was more in relation to Aimar potentially coming here, looking really fucking good then disappearing off the face of the earth for the rest of the season. Which seems to tally with your comment about consistency.

I've always rated Aimar and I'd love to see him in black and white. He's got the vision to spot a pass and the talent to actually deliver it.

Not sure if he lost his way at Valencia or what but if he's available then I'd like to think we're going for him. No guarantee he'd fancy it up here and he'd probably have better offers but you never know. :)

I think it was him who completely bum raped Liverpool at the Mestalla a few years ago.

I think it was him who completely bum raped Liverpool at the Mestalla a few years ago.

Was quality in the match they dominated at Anfield as well. He sadly peaked around that time, despite being only 24 or so. I'm not sure why he's lost his way, but if there's a manager you trust to restore self-belief in a player.. to help him believe that he's awesome.. to bring the best out in a player.. you know.. we all know who that is :angel:

Was quality in the match they dominated at Anfield as well. He sadly peaked around that time, despite being only 24 or so. I'm not sure why he's lost his way, but if there's a manager you trust to restore self-belief in a player.. to help him believe that he's awesome.. to bring the best out in a player.. you know.. we all know who that is :angel:

Christian Gross?

Guest Petay

I haven't seen Elano apart from this past season but for comparison's sake, when Aimar was at his best, there's no f***ing doubt that he's on a different planet to Elano.

Christian Gross?

Moron, he's clearly on about Souness, tisk.