Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

His agent saying he is now in talks with one English club that is not Everton this a day after saying he was going to Benfica could well be the agent using us to get Benfica to offer more

Maybe ... or maybe we have stepped up our interest after the agent used Benfica to get us to firm up our offer.

:coolsmiley:

His agent saying he is now in talks with one English club that is not Everton this a day after saying he was going to Benfica could well be the agent using us to get Benfica to offer more

Maybe ... or maybe we have stepped up our interest after the agent used Benfica to get us to firm up our offer.

I hope so :thup:

maybe we've even offered less but the player would rather play in england than portugal....if..perhaps...maybe..possibly

I hope so :thup:

Believe the hype man!

Aimar is coming.

"We need players to set the team alight"

Think about it ... with all the speculation in the past few days Oliver didn't even comment on it today.

Aimar is nailed on to sign very soon.

Oliver has either been warned after the Modric incident or given false information and so he went with the Insua "smokescreen".

Is it a coincidence that Insua is Argentinian? I think not.

You can just see it now ...

Oliver: "Come on Kev who are we signing next?"

Keegan: "The Argentinian who Rafa is familiar with"

Oliver: "Can't be Mascherano ... must be Insua!"

Keegan: "Yup. You go with that."

Oliver: "Cheers Messiah"

Think about it ... with all the speculation in the past few days Oliver didn't even comment on it today.

Aimar is nailed on to sign very soon.

Oliver has either been warned after the Modric incident or given false information and so he went with the Insua "smokescreen".

Is it a coincidence that Insua is Argentinian? I think not.

You can just see it now ...

Oliver: "Come on Kev who are we signing next?"

Keegan: "The Argentinian who Rafa is familiar with"

Oliver: "Can't be Mascherano ... must be Insua!"

Keegan: "Yup. You go with that."

Oliver: "Cheers Messiah"

Colin G, who works for the Chronicle, and posts over on their board says they were sworn to secrecy about the Jonas signing.

You see! I didn't even know that.

I genuinely thought it was really weird that Oliver had nothing to say about the Aimar link today as he will usually comment on any link he can get his grubby mitts on.

Not much new info, but it does seem like Benfica are having a bit of a panic. 

SL Benfica eager to sign Pablo Aimar

Pablo Aimar transfer depends on a last-minute agreement conducted by SL Benfica representatives in Zaragoza.

Portuguese paper A Bola, which announced Pablo Aimar deal with SL Benfica was closed, now recognized there must be "a secret interference" to turn down the deal, but the Portuguese team are ready to do anything to make it true.

Other sports media from Lisbon claimed unknown reasons for the delay in a transfer that everyone said it was already closed.

Real Zaragoza president Eduardo Bandres said on Monday that they won let Aimar go unless transfer conditions are clear; in addition, they remembered they also received offers from English, Greek teams for the Argentine midfielder.

A Bola said that SL Benfica official and former player asegura Rui Costa made an "emergency flight" to Zaragoza to sign Aimar, said they are holding meetings with the Spanish team.

According to the press, Real Zaragoza and SL Benfica reached an agreement for Aimar transfer in about € 7.5 million last week; they were just dealing with bank matters related to the trnasaction.

The Portuguese press also states that Aimar transfer is top priority for SL Benfica coach Quique Sanchez Flores, who have already coached Aimar in Valencia FC.

http://www.sportsya.com/english/news.php/SL_Benfica_officials_went_to_Zaragoza_to_sign_Pablo_Aimar_the_team_top_goal.html?id_estruc=283&id=182436

http://www.sportsya.com/english/news.php/SL_Benfica_officials_went_to_Zaragoza_to_sign_Pablo_Aimar_the_team_top_goal.html?id_estruc=283&id=182436

Pablo Aimar transfer depends on a last-minute agreement conducted by SL Benfica representatives in Zaragoza.

Portuguese paper A Bola, which announced Pablo Aimar deal with SL Benfica was closed, now recognized there must be "a secret interference" to turn down the deal, but the Portuguese team are ready to do anything to make it true.

Other sports media from Lisbon claimed unknown reasons for the delay in a transfer that everyone said it was already closed.

Real Zaragoza president Eduardo Bandres said on Monday that they won let Aimar go unless transfer conditions are clear; in addition, they remembered they also received offers from English, Greek teams for the Argentine midfielder.

A Bola said that SL Benfica official and former player asegura Rui Costa made an "emergency flight" to Zaragoza to sign Aimar, said they are holding meetings with the Spanish team.

According to the press, Real Zaragoza and SL Benfica reached an agreement for Aimar transfer in about € 7.5 million last week; they were just dealing with bank matters related to the trnasaction.

The Portuguese press also states that Aimar transfer is top priority for SL Benfica coach Quique Sanchez Flores, who have already coached Aimar in Valencia FC.

5 minutes Skirge :nope:

Was that the time difference? I didn't check. :lol:

google news av it as 4 hours...

Toon To Hijack Aimar's Benfica Switch?

Goal.com, Switzerland - 2 hours ago

Newcastle have reportedly entered the race for Zaragoza's Pablo Aimar, just as then Argentine seemed Benfica-bound... Sources close to Newcastle United ...

Setanta Sports

Magpies make late move for Aimar

Setanta Sports, UK - 6 hours ago

by Tom Adams, 15 July 2008 Pablo Aimar’s agent has hinted that Newcastle are now very serious contenders to sign the Argentinian star, with a proposed move ...

Argentina star's agent admits Premier League offer News Guardian

all 6 news articles »

SportsYA!, Spain - 27 minutes ago

Portuguese paper A Bola, which announced Pablo Aimar deal with SL Benfica was closed, now recognized there must be "a secret interference" to turn down the ...

Guest MaetihS

i love to have him. but between Benfica and us, it is quite obvious he will choose Benfica not only because it is a more famous club, but his ex-coach is there.

i love to have him. but between Benfica and us, it is quite obvious he will choose Benfica not only because it is a more famous club, but his ex-coach is there.

Or maybe he still wants to play in one of the three best leagues in europe...

Or maybe he still wants to play in one of the three best leagues in europe...

Took the words right off my fingertips.

:D

Time difference between your post and the post above yours with the same article on it ;)

Time difference between your post and the post above yours with the same article on it ;)

:lol: So easy to scroll past a post thats only got a link and nowt else.

:D

Their bid is not confirmed.

neither is ours though..

neither is ours though..

We've got a lot more money.