Nobs Out

Crumpy Gunt

If we ever need to bring in a technical coach for the youth I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather see.  :smitten:

Let him go back to Boca to finish his career, hopefully get the family stuff sorted and then get him in!

Nobby showed some class for West Ham, it's just that he's getting on. If he would take low wages and be a back up i would take him, but i think he would probably rather go back to South America.

Wish he'd stayed for another season but i probably wouldn't have him back now.

Actually, fuck it - yes, i do want him back. And i want him to be number 15; just so i won't look like such an idiot every time i put my sky blue away shirt on.

Guest Heneage

Player coach, can't believethey are releasing him better than Freddy or other midfielders.

Guest Heneage

Thisis what I don't get, they want to slash wages but offer Ashton 50k, doesn't make sense.

Beye

Solano

I honestly just want to see it once. :snod:

But I might be overly sentimental as well. Still, with seven subs named next year, I wouldn't be against him starting every match on the bench and making appearances when the manager thinks his passing can turn a match in our favor.

he mentioned wanting to go back and play for Boca.  Don't know if he still wants to, but it would seem that could be his next move (depending on being with his ex and kid).

West Ham midfielder Nobby Solano has played down talk of a return to Boca Juniors.

"If the offer is too good, it is clear that I would be interested and would sacrifice," he said. "My children live there (in England) and I want to be near them, it is true I have no concrete offers, but for now it is not my intention to return to South America."

I'd still have him TBF. Would make an excellent utility player, after all we do need a bigger squad.

However, he moved for personal reasons therefore it won't happen.

Guest Heneage

why does everyone think he would be such a good coach?

His likability, meaning he's a good people person.  He has good technique and is well respected in the game.

Guest Stephen927

No room for sentiment anymore. Would have liked him to stay this season, but due to reasons out of the clubs hands he couldn't.

Somethings you just have to leave in the past. Players such as Geremi should be becoming squad players, with better players coming into the first team. This window shouldn't be about signing squad players, especially in midfield.