Milner to Liverpool?

Guest Coubury

Wait a minute ... let me get this straight. So Milner actually has the nerve to ask for more money? Isn't he less than a year into a brand new contract? What the hell has he achieved in the last year?

I find this to be quite shocking and bordering on the absurd, in fact it is very absurd. Bog standard, average joe of a player. In all honesty he is quite rubbish. Get rid of him immediately.

Outrageous.

Are you that naive to believe any article written by an article with no quotes.

Do papers typically make up stories about players seeking new contracts? Not sure I've seen that before.

Anyhow if this is not true then fair enough, but if it is true then the guy needs a number of very sharp slaps to the face, as he is totally undeserving of any more money and in fact he is probably undeserving of the money he is earning right now. Crazy talk.

Papers make stories up about anything they can.

Guest icemanblue

It's no surprise people are dropping like flies around here.  Damn near infuriating reading some of the shite spouted recently.

Some people really need to get out more. The papers/websites write shit. Always have, always will. There's a reason why the summer has been coined 'silly season', you know.

Just relax, stop reading and enjoy your fucking summer.

It's no surprise people are dropping like flies around here.  Damn near infuriating reading some of the shite spouted recently.

Some people really need to get out more. The papers/websites write shit. Always have, always will. There's a reason why the summer has been coined 'silly season', you know.

Just relax, stop reading and enjoy your fucking summer.

QFT.

It's no surprise people are dropping like flies around here.  Damn near infuriating reading some of the s**** spouted recently.

Some people really need to get out more. The papers/websites write s***. Always have, always will. There's a reason why the summer has been coined 'silly season', you know.

Just relax, stop reading and enjoy your f***ing summer.

QFT.

I'd rest a lot easier if I could get one little quote from Keegan or Ashley acknowledging the fact that we have a squad that is too small to compete in this league.  So long as they realize what they have to do.

It's no surprise people are dropping like flies around here.  Damn near infuriating reading some of the s**** spouted recently.

Some people really need to get out more. The papers/websites write s***. Always have, always will. There's a reason why the summer has been coined 'silly season', you know.

QFT.

I'd rest a lot easier if I could get one little quote from Keegan or Ashley acknowledging the fact that we have a squad that is too small to compete in this league.  So long as they realize what they have to do.

Yes, lets sound desperate to buy extra players in the media, increasing the valuation of all our targets in one fell swoop.

QFT.

Yes, lets sound desperate to buy extra players in the media, increasing the valuation of all our targets in one fell swoop.

Do you think clubs are more likely to increase the valuation of the players we target based on quotes in the Chronicle or the fact that we have 16-18 real football players in our squad?  This is information they might be able to access through a website called Google.  Let's hope they haven't heard of it.

QFT.

Do you think clubs are more likely to increase the valuation of the players we target based on quotes in the Chronicle or the fact that we have 16-18 real football players in our squad?  This is information they might be able to access through a website called Google.  Let's hope they haven't heard of it.

Others perceptions of our current squad is irrelevant. It is very easy for Keegan to help our negotiations by declaring that we won't be unhappy if we don't sign anyone.

QFT.

Others perceptions of our current squad is irrelevant. It is very easy for Keegan to help our negotiations by declaring that we won't be unhappy if we don't sign anyone.

The perception of our squad by teams we intend to buy from is entirely relevant, as I think you just admitted.  I don't think Galatasary are going to be coerced into selling Arda Turan for less money if Keegan comes out and says that we'd be happy going into next season with Butt, Geremi & Milner or that our current squad is just fine as it is.  It clearly isn't.  Nor are they that desperate to offload Arda. 

I'm confident the board & management realize that fact, but a little reassurance might be welcome given the failings of previous regimes and the dire state of our current squad.

QFT.

The perception of our squad by teams we intend to buy from is entirely relevant, as I think you just admitted.  I don't think Galatasary are going to be coerced into selling Arda Turan for less money if Keegan comes out and says that we'd be happy going into next season with Butt, Geremi & Milner or that our current squad is just fine as it is.  It clearly isn't.  Nor are they that desperate to offload Arda. 

I'm confident the board & management realize that fact, but a little reassurance might be welcome given the failings of previous regimes and the dire state of our current squad.

Butt and geremi have big reputations. How can Gala know that Keegan is calling his bluff. They don't know NUFC as well as we do.

And talking about failings of previous regimes, surely you can not be calling for appeasement, a major failing of the previous regime?

Guest Heneage

I can't wait for Keegan to come from holiday. At the very least we might get some soundbites worth listening to.

Ones telling us we're not good enough to compete with anyone in the top half? ;)

Probably be his and Terry Mac holiday slideshow.

All he needs to learn how to do is cross. He's not fast, but he doesn't really give possession away much.

I'd prefer to keep him, personally.

He seemed to be able to cross alright at Villa the other year, for some reason.

All he needs to learn how to do is cross. He's not fast, but he doesn't really give possession away much.

I'd prefer to keep him, personally.

Keep him unless we a signing someone better which i would expect us to do if we are willing to let him go