€8.7m bid for Reyes?

Optimistic Nut

Guest optimistic nit

at that price i'd defo consider it, even if it didn't work out for him last time. was there any reason in particular he didn't seem to cut it in england?

at that price i'd defo consider it, even if it didn't work out for him last time. was there any reason in particular he didn't seem to cut it in england?

Near enough £7M so hardly loose change. He was home sick and couldn't settle in England was the reason given for wanting to leave.

Guest optimistic nit

if he's prepared to move back to england then he'll probably think he is over his homesickness issues, but if he hasn't scored all season, does anyone watching la liga know why? has he look out of touch, or was he playing well but not scoring, or were athletico shite all round last year.

if he's prepared to move back to england then he'll probably think he is over his homesickness issues, but if he hasn't scored all season, does anyone watching la liga know why? has he look out of touch, or was he playing well but not scoring, or were athletico shite all round last year.

Athletico finished 4th last year so I'm guessing it's not because they were shite all round.

Guest Anth.Nufc

Exactly so I can't see what a couple of years will have done!?!!? Be crackers to make a move for him, he'll NOT settle!!!

Yeah but we've got Keegan...he'll convince him Newcastle's closer to Seville than London is.

;D If it worked with rob lee.....

if he's prepared to move back to england then he'll probably think he is over his homesickness issues, but if he hasn't scored all season, does anyone watching la liga know why? has he look out of touch, or was he playing well but not scoring, or were athletico s**** all round last year.

Atletico finished top 4 so they weren't sh*t. Didn't really pay much attention to them tbh, not even sure if he got a game.

Guest optimistic nit

played 26 times. not sure how many were as a sub though. should probably mention here that i'm using wikipedia as a source :lol:

First instinct was "fuck yeah a new player!" and if keegan and the trifecta think its a good signing then i'd go for it. Worrying that he's not scored any goals al season though, always thought of him as a goal-scoring winger.

So yeah definitely a risk for 7 mil, but lets not forget the same player was bought by arsene 'tight-arse' wenger for around 20 million not too long ago; the lad has something and if he can get over his problems im sure we'll have a great player on our hands.

Guest optimistic nit

Hardly relevant, but I've just done a season with Atletico Madrid on FM, and I hardly played him.  I don't know if my team reflects what they played in real life.  Just managed to get £22m out of Spurs for him.

we've got a bargin then, sign him up before spurs are interested.

No way!!!

Has played at best average all year for Atletico madrid and was homesick at Arsenal, as well as saying he wasn't suited to the hustle bustle of the prem.

Big mistake if we go for him...

Guest Petay

I posted this last time I saw us linked with the lad.  I want him on the sole grouds that when he was at the Arse there was a abd finally... where he said he practiced dribbling round Gnomes in his garden.

Guest Petay

On a more serious note he fits what we're looking for, youngish attack minded player who can link the midfield and strikers, I'll file this one under mildly excited.  If I were to try and think of a metaphor its like when you here an ice cream van but look out the window and its cloudy and not that warm.