Paul Ince confirmed as new Blackburn manager

Guest Coubury

Guest Coubury

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1332318,00.html

Ince installed as Rovers boss

BLACKBURN Rovers can today announce that Paul Ince has been appointed the new manager of the football club.

Ince has signed a 3-year contract. A press conference will be held at Ewood Park midday on Tuesday.

Alan Shearer wants to manage Blackburn Rovers

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00349/shearer385_349623a.jpg

Alan Shearer has informed Blackburn Rovers that he may be persuaded to swap the comfort of the television studio for the stresses and strains of management by returning to Ewood Park to succeed Mark Hughes. The former England captain has told his former club that he would be interested in being interviewed for their vacancy and that he believes he has the quality and the hunger to drive the club forward.

Although Shearer's name was among the first in the frame when Hughes left for Manchester City last week, there were doubts whether he would be willing to turn his back on his lucrative role as a studio analyst for the BBC. However, he is understood to have been approached by the club and to have indicated that he would be happy to compete with Paul Ince, his former England team-mate, for the position.

Having spent the past days weighing up the merits of several candidates, John Williams, the chairman, is due to meet his fellow directors today to discuss a shortlist that is also likely to include Ince, the Milton Keynes Dons manager, Stuart Pearce, the England Under-21 head coach, Sam Allardyce, the former Bolton Wanderers and Newcastle United manager, and Steve McClaren, the former England head coach. There are also a number of overseas candidates - such as Roberto Mancini, the former Inter Milan coach, Michael Laudrup, of Getafe, Dick Advocaat, of Zenit St Petersburg, and both Avram Grant and Henk ten Cate, who worked together at Chelsea last season.

There is considerable support at Blackburn for the appointment of Ince, who would become the first black British manager of a Premier League club, but the availability and interest of Shearer, who spent four successful years at Ewood Park as a player, would change the complexion of the club's search.

Related Links

* McClaren snubs Twente with eye on Blackburn

* Blackburn likely to target MK Dons' Ince

Some have questioned how serious Shearer is about his stated ambition to become a manager, having turned down a coaching job with England under the McClaren regime while seemingly holding out for the job at Newcastle. But the 37-year-old has earned the necessary coaching qualifications and is believed to have told Mike Newell, his former Blackburn strike partner, and Tommy Craig, the former Newcastle coach, that he will appoint them to his backroom staff if and when he becomes a manager.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/blackburn/article4092754.ece

I hope he does take over would be great expericence for him.

But the 37-year-old

f***ing hell  :razz:

:weep:

Well, if he decides to come back, Blackburn will be my second fav. team :)  And I would really look forward to the Newcastle vs. Blackburn matches, which would be the Keegan vs Shearer event  :celb:

I really dread his return to football. It would really upset me if he joined the club of ex player who seem almost forgotten for what they did as players and simply laughed at or hated as managers.

*cough*Souness*cough*

Heartless, but this is only good news for us. If he ends up good at managing, he'll certainly end up here.

If he's bad, we find that out without having to take any risk.

There was a link to a Blackburn forum a while ago. According to their own fans, premiership survival seemed to be the target. Didn't understand that, but I don't know anything about them.

Ince has to be the favorite for the job though, right?

Guest Stephen927

Would be good from our perspective to see what hes really made of, working within a tight budget. He won't be expected to achieve much and would be a good place to start to find his feet.

Heartless, but this is only good news for us. If he ends up good at managing, he'll certainly end up here.

If he's bad, we find that out without having to take any risk.

On the button.

There was a link to a Blackburn forum a while ago. According to their own fans, premiership survival seemed to be the target. Didn't understand that, but I don't know anything about them.

Ince has to be the favorite for the job though, right?

They are by no means a big club and they don't have the financial clout of the teams in and around them.

i'd like to see him take it to see how he'd do, i dont have a problem with blackburn either so i wouldnt mind if he did well, infact i'd be pleased as it would mean he might end up managing us. i agree ince must be the favourite though

This would be good news for us, provided he has long-term ambitions to manage us.

Basically as other have said he gets to cut his teeth at a 'smaller' club. If he does well (not too well, hopefully... ;)) he comes here relatively proven. If he does poorly, we know not to bother.

The problem is that all the Blackburn fans know this too, and I'd be surprised if their board does not.

If he does go there i hope he sells Bentley and Santa Cruz to us for 5mil all in. Like i used to use a second team on FM to get great players on the cheap

Sadly, I think in real life the chairman would just tell him to fuck off. Worth a shot, though.

Guest optimistic nit

If he does go there i hope he sells Bentley and Santa Cruz to us for 5mil all in. Like i used to use a second team on FM to get great players on the cheap

Sadly, I think in real life the chairman would just tell him to fuck off. Worth a shot, though.

you're both mental :lol: ;)

Guest Jawesome

I think this would be a really good move for him.  Surely you'd also like to think he could attract some top players, just by being Alan Shearer.  Maybe he could take Berbatov to Ewood :lol: