The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

His most accurate shot was the one he aimed at harper's head. That's the first time I've seen him get a decent strike in.

haaha I know, as well as being fucking useless he also managed to knack our own keeper off the field. yes he was trying to stop it going in but it was probably his fault that we lost the ball further up the bloody pitch..

He even likes Barry Manilow

His name was Shola

he was a Big Girl

with yellow stripes upon his strip

and a dress the big black dip

he would fall

and do the cha cha

and while he tried to be a star

his shots floated past the Bar

he fell upon the floor

the clown was 6ft 4

Carol was young they had each other

who could ask for more.

At Shola- Shola-banana

Guest Geordiekev

Constantly reminding me of the matrix, I swear when he gets the ball everything turns into slow motion.... dodge bullets though... I think not.. he's crap.

to be fair he did us a great service by kicking harper

but srsly i get frustrated every time the ball gets near him, his movement is so fucking comical its unbelieveable, i remember laughing at him 5 years ago, now it just makes me angry and sad that we've fallen this far to have this joke of an athlete as our no1 striker

I'll go out on a limb and say he'll get more goals than Carrol this season if they play roughly the same amount of games. I'm pepared for this to be quoted again at the end of the season when i'm probably wrong.

Guest The Libertine

a constant  :tickedoff: for me. constant. adds nothing, takes away plenty.

the only thing i can think of to explain his lack of everything needed to be a footballer is that he is Nigerian so he could be in his late 40's?

Shola is God.

Seriously though, he always seems to kill the ball dead, then kicks it with his other foot without meaning it, thereby fucking up any good work. 'It's a nice touch man'

Guest Lets Dance

Bloody Shola! I was swearing at the box yesterday the lazy sod.

I'm sure the coaching staff still view Shola as an emerging talent?! When his current contract is up he will be 30! He has stolen a living. Shola adds nothing to our game and is holding up emerging talent. Please, start Ranger ahead of bambi on ice!

Guest Geordie Boyo

Aye, I'd give Ranger a chance up front with Carrol, or LuaLua to provide a bit pace and eye for goal.

As awful as I thought he was yesterday, he was the one who passed to Nolan who passed to Duff for our goal.

He was probably trying to shoot

:lol: it was the same power as one of his his tbf.

• 5 months later...

SHOLA Ameobi will have unfinished business if his goals fire Newcastle to promotion this season.

The long-serving striker, who is set to spearhead the Toon attack in tonight’s top-of-the-table clash with West Brom at St James’s Park, is averaging almost a goal a game in the Championship despite an injury-ravaged campaign.

But Ameobi, with eight goals in 10 games this term, is only too aware what his critics are saying and is determined to ram their words down their throats.

“They say I’ve found my level and am only scoring regularly because it’s a lower standard,’’ said the 28-year-old. "But I believe I can score goals at the highest level and hopefully I will get the chance to prove it at Newcastle next season.”

And he added: “It was one of the lowest points of my career when Kevin Keegan, who is a fans’ hero, comes back and makes it pretty clear I was right down the pecking order. My best times have been with managers who rated me."