The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Heneage

Back to his s*** self.

:lol:

Him, Jonas, is there anyone you like mate?

He had a bad game, but imo I'd not have started him tonight anyway, this wasn't his type of game, it was Carroll's.

Tbf when he got the ball he did alright. He controlled well several times, got us the freekick we scored from & couldve turned in the pen area at one point. On the ball he's strong and moves well.

When hes off the ball he is disasterous, doesnt get near it. We saw what happened with him trying one touch football aswell.

Such opposites.

Back to his s*** self.

:lol:

Him, Jonas, is there anyone you like mate?

He had a bad game, but imo I'd not have started him tonight anyway, this wasn't his type of game, it was Carroll's.

I think he likes Josef Fritzl

Probably better than most of our squad.

Kez: Not really.

I think he would have a brighter career in wrestling.

I used to think that his movement (or the lack of it) is his weakest point, but today it just struck me that the main thing is that he is dumb as fuck, he just wrestles with his marker all the time instead of going for the ball.

awful.. Bambi what the fuck man!

We must sell him in the summer.. like, really.. might even get decent money in these mad times. He's done well this season, he's probably a good lad and all that but mentally he's not up for it.

Ameobi ALWAYS plays within and against himself, so to speak. Do you remember him ever forming a half-decent partnership with anybody in the last what? 8 years.. Fair enough he hasn't played regularly (mainly because he's injured for at least 3 months every season).. fair enough, he's prolific next to Carroll and Ranger but he's had his chance here, thank you for the loyalty and all that but fuck off.. you dopey bastard

If we indeed make it to the Premier League, he'll probably be considered as a first choice striker by Hughton. He'll never be reliable enough for this, not at Newcastle at least.

Guest Geordiekev

Tbf when he got the ball he did alright. He was crap He controlled well several times Great lets just pay a massive fee to anyone that can control several passes in 80mins, got us the freekick we scored from & couldve turned in the pen area at one point But he didn't turn and also gave away that stupid free kick that led to their goal. On the ball he's strong and moves well. On the ball he fell to ground too many times and was bullied the entire game.

When hes off the ball he is disasterous, doesnt get near it Because he is a lazy bastard that looks half hearted. We saw what happened with him trying one touch football aswell.

Such opposites. Such a shame

Tbf when he got the ball he did alright. He was crap He controlled well several times Great lets just pay a massive fee to anyone that can control several passes in 80mins, got us the freekick we scored from & couldve turned in the pen area at one point But he didn't turn and also gave away that stupid free kick that led to their goal. On the ball he's strong and moves well. On the ball he fell to ground too many times and was bullied the entire game.

When hes off the ball he is disasterous, doesnt get near it Because he is a lazy b****** that looks half hearted. We saw what happened with him trying one touch football aswell.

He did well on the ball. Most footballers get paid a lot at that level, many of them cant control that well atall. He got us the freekick, he did badly down the other end.

Theres no use only seeing one side of it, he had good moments and a few more bad moments.

The mugs on here who reckon he's miles ahead of any of our other forwards want their heads f***ing looking at.

In terms of a goalscoring threat he has been tbh. Good to see Lovenkrands seemingly taking his chance though.

The mugs on here who reckon he's miles ahead of any of our other forwards want their heads f***ing looking at.

Agreed, he's a terrible footballer and spends more time holding opposition players than doing anything positive.

When hes off the ball he is disasterous, doesnt get near it Because he is a lazy b****** that looks half hearted. We saw what happened with him trying one touch football aswell.

He did well on the ball. Most footballers get paid a lot at that level, many of them cant control that well atall. He got us the freekick, he did badly down the other end.

Theres no use only seeing one side of it, he had good moments and a few more bad moments.

You're wasting your time. Christ knows how many times this kind of conversation has cropped up about Shola. All the attention seems to go on what he can't do, rather than what he can.

You're wasting your time. Christ knows how many times this kind of conversation has cropped up about Shola. All the attention seems to go on what he can't do, rather than what he can.

A forward who has played over 200 games and averages a goal roughly every 5 games hasn't got a lot to shout about.

One list is far fucking bigger than the other though & when someone simply isn't putting the effort in they deserve all of the criticism that comes their way.

Fucking hell bobyule. What did he do tonight? You've been incredibly generic in the match thread - "he held our attacks together" and "deserved credit", but tell me, what did he actually do?

I saw him touch the ball once in the second half, and spending his time either not challenging for headers, or missing the unchallenged headers by about a foot because he has no anticipation whatsoever.

f***ing hell bobyule. What did he do tonight? You've been incredibly generic in the match thread - "he held our attacks together" and "deserved credit", but tell me, what did he actually do?

I saw him touch the ball once in the second half, and spending his time either not challenging for headers, or missing the unchallenged headers by about a foot because he has no anticipation whatsoever.

I expect he'll (Shola) be rolling the hip injury out at the end of the season to justify being crap.