Our Euro Targets

Mike

Using press speculation as a source, several players we're apparently interested in are playing in this competition. With the group phase nearly completed, how would you rate the players you've seen? Looking in other topics, Gomis has fallen hard, Gomez is going in the same direction, Druiudfsfsdfdek seems impressive to some and Turan is the greatest player ever.

Am I missing anyone?

:lol: turan no world beater... but he's canny enough...

derdiyok fast & technically good....

boulahrouz... experience defender... would like to give him chance better than chelsea did

engelar(?)... composed DM

volkan... useful goalkeeper

all i mention... i believe are on our reach

KK has been one of the few people backing the Dutch before the tournament kicked off. He might have got lucky, but there is always the possibility that he had been scouting them...

KK has been one of the few people backing the Dutch before the tournament kicked off. He might have got lucky, but there is always the possibility that he had been scouting them...

They weren't that great before the Euro's kicked off. Even Ruud said so today.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8244830/Magpies-lead-hunt-for-Dutch-superstar

Newcastle United are targeting Dutch star Rafael Van Der Vaart, following the Netherlands' superb 4-1 victory over France in their Euro 2008 clash on Friday night.

Van Der Vaart currently plays for Bundesliga side Hamburg and has been tipped for a move to the Premier League after the European tournament.

Numerous English clubs have revealed an interest in the player but the Magpies are believed to be leading in the hunt for his services.

But Newcastle may find the competition for his signature too fierce, as the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool have also shown an interest.

New Hamburg manager Martin Jol said about the 25-year-old: "We have to do all we can to keep hold of him. He is one of the best five play-makers in Europe and he dictates the rhythm of Hamburg."

:dontknow:

If that happens i will dance in the street firing an AK47 into the air. Not going to happen.

Do you suit orange? not the Dutch theme just you given an orange jump suit and taken somewhere hot.

:D

No way on eath he would come here, but ah well its nice to dream...

I rate Kuyt to be honest. He isn't a star player, but he is a player that all good teams need.

Think he'd fit in well at Newcastle, along side either Owen or Martins.

Guest Coubury

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8244830/Magpies-lead-hunt-for-Dutch-superstar

Newcastle United are targeting Dutch star Rafael Van Der Vaart, following the Netherlands' superb 4-1 victory over France in their Euro 2008 clash on Friday night.

Van Der Vaart currently plays for Bundesliga side Hamburg and has been tipped for a move to the Premier League after the European tournament.

Numerous English clubs have revealed an interest in the player but the Magpies are believed to be leading in the hunt for his services.

But Newcastle may find the competition for his signature too fierce, as the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool have also shown an interest.

New Hamburg manager Martin Jol said about the 25-year-old: "We have to do all we can to keep hold of him. He is one of the best five play-makers in Europe and he dictates the rhythm of Hamburg."

:dontknow:

id run around my town naked if we signed VDV

Guest Roland

Van der Vaart wants to play in Spain, because his mother is Spanish. In his contract is a clausule that he may leave HSV in 2009 for 1.5 million EUR so likely he will be sold this summer.