Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

We need 18 players capable of playing Premier League football for every single match next season. A simple fact.

Do people really believe that each and every one of those 18 players should (or can) be a world beater?

What do people reckon to Darren Fletcher? Because last time I checked he's in the squad of the English and European champions, yet everyone would kick off like fuck if we bought him.

If it means less chance of Alan Smith being in midfield on the pitch I'm all for it.

Exactly. Fucking exactly.

It's called having a squad. Has anyone claimed he is, or is going to be 'a top player'?

Where were you when we signed Gutierrez, NE5?

At a quick guess you were keeping quiet until it came out we'd not paid £10m for him.

Do you honestly believe this is the end of our summer activity?

I don't know where you get this idea that I don't want the club to sign good players Dave. Having watched the club buy mostly shit players, bargains, cheap squad players and fuelling false optimism among supporters, for 30 years, i reckon I know more than most about going down that particular road.

This argie may be good, he fills a position we need. Keegan will do a good job, but at the moment my instinct is he will do a good job in spite of the restrictions placed on him, and won't get anywhere near what he did the first time, which is a bit of a damning indictment that you can try and defend if you like.

At a quick guess you were keeping quiet until it came out we'd not paid £10m for him.

I don't know where you get this idea that I don't want the club to sign good players Dave. Having watched the club buy mostly shit players, bargains, cheap squad players and fuelling false optimism among supporters, for 30 years, i reckon I know more than most about going down that particular road.

This argie may be good, he fills a position we need. Keegan will do a good job, but at the moment my instinct is he will do a good job in spite of the restrictions placed on him, and won't get anywhere near what he did the first time, which is a bit of a damning indictment that you can try and defend if you like.

I asked two simple questions.

We need 18 players capable of playing Premier League football for every single match next season. A simple fact.

Do people really believe that each and every one of those 18 players should (or can) be a world beater?

What do people reckon to Darren Fletcher? Because last time I checked he's in the squad of the English and European champions, yet everyone would kick off like fuck if we bought him.

We don't.

We need a team made up of mostly top quality premiership players.

Its quality that counts.

Touche.

I'd really go nuts if we bought Fletcher :lol:

Guest neesy111

remember

these are keegan signing's we are talking about (not grafters like allardyce)

name me any bad buy's he's made as newcastle manager?

We don't.

Its quality that counts.

Eh? You think we should just ignore substitutions and injuries next year then? Buy 11 top quality players and fuck the rest?

no, it probably isn't. We will be in shit street if it is. But its quality that counts, and won't get anywhere if they aren't quality.

Do you think Ashley will match what came before, with the same manager .

We can't assess a signing based on what he isn't. We should be focussing on what he is, a promising young player with some premiership exprience, in a position we're short on.

The fact he isn't Deco or Arshavin is beside the point. People are talking as if the signings stop here, even if they did that woudln't mean this one was a bad one.

I don't know where you get this idea that I don't want the club to sign good players Dave. Having watched the club buy mostly s*** players, bargains, cheap squad players and fuelling false optimism among supporters, for 30 years, i reckon I know more than most about going down that particular road.

You are such a fraud. You're just trying to cover all the bases! Now your talking about how keegan will do well despite the restrictions placed on him, but will never do as well as he did the first time around!

So no matter what happens next season you can continue to peddle your cynical point of view, knowing very well in today's climate Keegan can't really come close to what he did first time around unless we go all Chelsea this summer, which were never going to do anyway.

Guest neesy111

We don't.

Its quality that counts.

Eh? You think we should just ignore substitutions and injuries next year then? Buy 11 top quality players and fuck the rest?

tell me of any team apart from the top 4 that have 18 top premiership quality players

you need 10-12 top quality players and then useful squad players who can do a job when required + we played 43 games in total last season, so do we really need a big squad, considering the top teams are playing 60-70 a season

We don't.

Its quality that counts.

its quality that counts. The new players push the current players down the pegging order. Fairly basic stuff Dave. Why have Liverpool sold this lad ?

We are better off buying 3 quality players than 7 or 8 that aren't good enough.

Guest neesy111

We can't assess a signing based on what he isn't. We should be focussing on what he is, a promising young player with some premiership exprience, in a position we're short on.

The fact he isn't Deco or Arshavin is beside the point. People are talking as if the signings stop here, even if they did that woudln't mean this one was a bad one.

a bit of sense against a back drop of whingers

modric i believe will struggle in what is a very light weight spurs team, expect them not to challenge the top 6 nxt season

Guest neesy111

We don't.

Its quality that counts.

its quality that counts. The new players push the current players down the pegging order. Fairly basic stuff Dave. Why have Liverpool sold this lad ?

We are better off buying 3 quality players than 7 or 8 that aren't good enough. By the way, thats what we did last summer.

what happens when those 2-3 get injured, you need squad players ffs, remember souness did this and we ended up we lee clark in midfield ffs

no, it probably isn't. We will be in shit street if it is. But its quality that counts, and won't get anywhere if they aren't quality.

You would be using fallacious logic if you merely judged the board on how they do with KK in comparison with how the old board did with KK when he was here last. It's a different footballing world now. Times have changed. If he gets us back in the top 4 and maybe win a trophy, I'd say he, and the board, would have matched the accomplishments from 10 years ago.

Thank you. By default then you admit then that your whinging is premature.

No, I don't think Keegan will finish second this time. I don't think he would if the previous board were here now either. If you can't see the differences between top level football in 1995 and 2008 then I suggest you visit your doctor immediately.

I don't know where you get this idea that I don't want the club to sign good players Dave. Having watched the club buy mostly s*** players, bargains, cheap squad players and fuelling false optimism among supporters, for 30 years, i reckon I know more than most about going down that particular road.

You are such a fraud. You're just trying to cover all the bases! Now your talking about how keegan will do well despite the restrictions placed on him, but will never do as well as he did the first time around!

So no matter what happens next season you can continue to peddle your cynical point of view, knowing very well in today's climate Keegan can't really come close to what he did first time around unless we go all Chelsea this summer, which were never going to do anyway.

I'm telling you the way to be successful, if you don't agree, then drop a line to Old Trafford and Anfield and tell them where they have been going wrong all these years.

Thank you. By default then you admit then that your whinging is premature.

No, I don't think Keegan will finish second this time. I don't think he would if the previous board were here now either. If you can't see the differences between top level football in 1995 and 2008 then I suggest you visit your doctor immediately.

And the difference is what exactly ?

Its all about beating the opposition, just like any other time. If you can't even aim for the top positions, then they aren't doing the club justice