Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

Guest Thomo

Do people expect us to pay £10million for squad players, he has purely signed as midfield cover, probably only cost us around £1.5million. Premiership experience, rated very highly by the Bolton fans, I for one will give him a chance, at least we are making the squad numbers up.

Guest Robert 32

Who was Rob Lee when KK signed him?

Who was Keith Gillespie when KK signed him?

Who was Andy Cole when KK signed him?

Cheap, clearly talented, sensible deal  :clap:

well Gillespie was 19 and had been starting and scoring for the premiership champions in fairness

Guest MaetihS

cant say i am happy with this signing. not good enough for Bolton, good enough for us? its really going to be a long hard season if no better quality signings are made.

who said he wasn't good enough for Bolton? jesus have you ever even seen him play?

have a word man, were you expecting Gerrard instead?

We can't attract good players, remember.

Daehtihs basically proving he's talking crap.

I was expecting players like Larsson, realistic but still decent. To sign such a player just reconfirm my thoughts we are going to have a real bottom 5 midfield. we must have one of the worst midfield in the prem league. just better than the promoted sides and maybe bolton.

cant say i am happy with this signing. not good enough for Bolton, good enough for us? its really going to be a long hard season if no better quality signings are made.

who said he wasn't good enough for Bolton? jesus have you ever even seen him play?

have a word man, were you expecting Gerrard instead?

We can't attract good players, remember.

Daehtihs basically proving he's talking crap.

I was expecting players like Larsson, realistic but still decent. To sign such a player just reconfirm my thoughts we are going to have a real bottom 5 midfield. we must have one of the worst midfield in the prem league. just better than the promoted sides and maybe bolton.

Go support Chelsea then. Everybody wins.

Some people moan about trophy signings, then we sign a decent player with the potential to improve that improves our wafer thin squad and some people still moan and all for a more than reasonable price.

Guest MaetihS

I know that we are not getting players like Iner and Turan, but this signing just spells relegation. our current midfield is already full of flairless players and now Jonas and Danny will just form one of the worst midfield squad in the prem league.

Guest Robert 32

Gillespie - 9 games, 1 goal

Guthrie - 3 games, 0 goals (but 35+ for established Premiership side)

Different player, different times, I know, but my point is you don't have to be established when you sign, you can improve, and KK tends to have an eye for a player

well Gillespie was 19 and had been starting and scoring for the premiership champions in fairness

Less that 10 league appearances & less than 2 league goals in fairness.

Guest MaetihS

at the end of the day, this signing does not improve us one bit. Just consolidation of average players.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1342903,00.html

Magpies Sign Midfielder Guthrie

NEWCASTLE United have completed the signing of midfielder Danny Guthrie from Liverpool.

The 21-year-old put pen to paper on a four-year contract at St. James' Park on Friday evening after the Magpies agreed a fee with the Reds.

Danny, signed for an undisclosed fee, told nufc.co.uk: "I'm really happy to be joining Newcastle United.

"I'm ready to get involved straight away and I cannot wait to meet the boys and get started."

Danny spent last season on loan at Bolton Wanderers and was well liked by fans at the Reebok Stadium during his time there.

United boss Kevin Keegan told nufc.co.uk: "I'm absolutely delighted that we've got Danny.

"He proved himself in the Premier League last season so we know he can play at that level.

"He's at the right age and is a good signing for us."

Shrewsbury-born Danny is Newcastle's second signing of the summer following the arrival of Argentine international Jonas Gutierrez from Real Mallorca.

Another body at the end of the day, still got loads to do but as long we didn't pay more than £2m for him then I'm fairly content with this.

Still plenty of time to get more players in, Guthrie is alright and he'll do a job.

I know that we are not getting players like Iner and Turan, but this signing just spells relegation. our current midfield is already full of flairless players and now Jonas and Danny will just form one of the worst midfield squad in the prem league.

Maetihs put your money where your mouth is I'll bet you £50 we dont finish in the bottom half of the table,

We'll both put the money in someone's paypal (maybees a mod from here), Then the winner takes the money at the end of the season....

Put up or shut up!!

Keegan said we'd be going for 3 or 4 youngsters to push the first team and 3 or 4 players to go straight into the first team. That was after saying he didn't want to lose any of the squad so we can assume we'll be going for more than 4 for the first team now that a few players have left. Guthrie will probably be classed as one of the youngsters. The problem with this signing (for some people) is that it has come before the players who will go straight into the first team. If we'd signed 5 players for the first 11 and then signed Guthrie I doubt there would be much moaning.

Good to see it's an undisclosed fee again. Why tell anyone what you've spent when you don't have to (now we are no longer a PLC).