Seventh year in a row

Dave

No.

Like I said yesterday, it is because the police won't allow a derby, and the other teams in the league write to the Premier League compilers to say that it is too far to expect their away fans to travel on Boxing day.

No.

Like I said yesterday, it is because the police won't allow a derby, and the other teams in the league write to the Premier League compilers to say that it is too far to expect their away fans to travel on Boxing day.

is that actually true? 

great, why don't we write and complain about going to pompey, or london then, see if we can play the games online with a couple of PS3's? 

that's weak that like

Guest Geordiesned

I can't believe they still claim that the fixtures are completely random - the excuse they gave when we had Spurs away on New Years Eve a few years ago! I haven't had a look at other teams fixtures yet but I won't be surprised to see the big 4 playing each other over the same weekend so Sky can have their Super Doopa Exi Pesh Sunday again!

Guest gbolem

No.

So it's too far for Wigan fans to travel here, but not too far for us to travel to Wigan?

I can't believe they still claim that the fixtures are completely random - the excuse they gave when we had Spurs away on New Years Eve a few years ago! I haven't had a look at other teams fixtures yet but I won't be surprised to see the big 4 playing each other over the same weekend so Sky can have their Super Doopa Exi Pesh Sunday again!

The games being random is bollocks.

The games being random is bollocks.

The fixtures aren't random. I'm sure we get this every season.

It couldn't possibly be random with all the different clubs in the same/nearby cities/areas.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure the fixtures are generated radomly, then the PL, FA, police force, Sky, etc. rearrange those fixtures which are A LOGISTICAL NIGHTMARE.

Guest Geordiesned

It couldn't possibly be random with all the different clubs in the same/nearby cities/areas.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure the fixtures are generated radomly, then the PL, FA, police force, Sky, etc. rearrange those fixtures which are A LOGISTICAL NIGHTMARE.

You mean where the police can't be arsed to do the job they're paid to do?

From my point of view (no longer do aways) i'm quite happy as i'd get no end of grief going to the match on Boxing day these days with having 2 toddlers.

Personally would like to see no games at all over christmas and new year, game the saturday before christmas and the FA Cup 3rd round the saturday after New year with nowt in between.

I didn't think like that when i was a young un with no committments, but do now.

Chances of us being randomly selected to be away for boxing day 7 years in a row are 0.78%

Draw your own conclusions.

That's kind of bullshit though, isn't it?

The probability of going home, away, home, away, home, away, home is also 0.78% and no one would be drawing any conclusions from that. The probability is also the same for any other combination, so this 0.78% is very misleading. The 0.78% just means there's over a hundred possible combinations and all of them have a probability of 0.78%. Not much to draw from that, I think.

Chances of us being randomly selected to be away for boxing day 7 years in a row are 0.78%

The probability of going home, away, home, away, home, away, home is also 0.78% and no one would be drawing any conclusions from that. The probability is also the same for any other combination, so this 0.78% is very misleading.

It's all elementary though as the fixture lists have never been random.

The probability of going home, away, home, away, home, away, home is also 0.78% and no one would be drawing any conclusions from that. The probability is also the same for any other combination, so this 0.78% is very misleading. The 0.78% just means there's over a hundred possible combinations and all of them have a probability of 0.78%. Not much to draw from that, I think.

:lol: :clap: