Sentiment

Yorkie

Seeing as there's fuck all going on in present day, can we share some class/shit memories (do class ones, they're better)? I always find these thread's interesting, like favourite game/favourite goal, sorta thing... it might be nice to reconcile about the good stuff seeing as there's bugger all going on atm.

Anything at all. Who's first? :D

It's a shame we don't all make such insightful contributions as you, Supertoon. Why don't you write a book so we can learn?

Anyway, i'll shoot with a slightly different sorta one. When i went to the Middlesbrough home game a couple months back, and that early Owen goal was disallowed, i was still clapping and punching the air in delight a good three or four minutes and had to be told that it didn't count. :razz:  Was damned annoying.

It's a shame we don't all make such insightful contributions as you, Supertoon. Why don't you write a book so we can learn?

Anyway, i'll shoot with a slightly different sorta one. When i went to the Middlesbrough home game a couple months back, and that early Owen goal was disallowed, i was still clapping and punching the air in delight a good three or four minutes and had to be told that it didn't count. :razz:  Was damned annoying.

Just making similar comments to what you make after people post

And i would write a book but a little busy

Guest Stephen927

My first Newcastle United match, at home to Chelsea in the 4th round (I think) of the Carling Cup.

Saw Shevchenko go close just before half time, little threat from either team really.

But in the second half, Obafemi Martins belted one off the cross bar from long range, I could have sworn it was in, was up out of my seat. I swear everything seemed to freeze.

Then Drogba had a free kick and he moved it from its original position to take it and scored.  :doh:

My first Newcastle United match, at home to Chelsea in the 4th round (I think) of the Carling Cup.

Saw Shevchenko go close just before half time, little threat from either team really.

But in the second half, Obafemi Martins belted one off the cross bar from long range, I could have sworn it was in, was up out of my seat. I swear everything seemed to freeze.

Then Drogba had a free kick and he moved it from its original position to take it and scored.  :doh:

Yeah, was a joke was that Drogba thing. And that Martins shot - amazing wasn't it. Bounced off the underside of the bar and hit the line.

I think Ron Atkinson was doing the coverage of that Leeds match on ITV's equivalent of Soccer Saturday. Was mental when we went 4-3 up. :D

Hadn't we just won 3-1 at Arsenal aswell? Christ we were good then.

Almost all of my favourite memories centre around the years 1995 to 1997 sadly.

Share share share. :D

Where do I start though? The saddest thing about that period (other than the lack of silverware at the end of the day) is that I was so young at the time.

Another one of these threads

Bellamy against Feyenoord away

Don't remember that, when was it?

In the Intertoto Cup under Bobby, we played a team called "Feyernoord away" from the Dutch 4th division at SJP.

Bellamy scored a tap-in to give us a 1-0 win and send us into the UEFA Cup, was a glorious moment.

Guest johny2k

temuri ketsbaia scoring a injury-time extra time goal to send us into the champions league, total tap in, but best feeling ever (partly cos i was shittin it for penalties...for obvious reasons), just wish we'd had the keegan (#1) team in the champs league, would have been interestin...

First Newcastle match  ever being to.......won 2 nil in Hillsborough.More Newcastle fans there that day then Wednesday fans!Shearer scored the 2nd goal down at the end where I was sitting behind the goal and he stood both hands in the air in front of us...amazing!

Also will never forget the atmosphere at Shearers testamional and the scarf waving,magic!

I think Ron Atkinson was doing the coverage of that Leeds match on ITV's equivalent of Soccer Saturday. Was mental when we went 4-3 up. :D

Hadn't we just won 3-1 at Arsenal aswell? Christ we were good then.

Alan Mullery couldn't believe it, either could I tbh, when the fourth went in on SSN.

Newcastle 4-0 Tottenham - Two thunderbolts from a certain Laurent Robert.

Tottenham 2-3 Newcastle - Obafemi Martins scoring a pearler and then Butt scoring almost straight after.

Man United 4-1 Newcastle (FA Cup Semi) - The atmosphere was unbelievable, shame about the result, but NUFC fans won the off field game.

Beating Sheffield Wednesday 8-0 in Bobby's first game at SJP. Incredible.

'Watched' that entire match on Teletext round my Godmother's house. Bit sad really.

I was playing Sunday League at the time of the match. Well, I was a sub. Someone told me it was 4-0 at half time and naturally I was amazed, but I was certain it wouldn't carry on in the second half... :D

Feyenoord away.

Had played footy that afternoon and had taken a kick to the eye socket (was a keeper). Was on some fairly strong painkillers and eye was closing but got some free WKDs in the Union at John Moores (Liverpool). Loads of Geordies in there at the time going mental, went out and pulled a cracking Irish lass despite the purple eye after.

Found out the next day I had a fractured eye socket.