So, Is Ashley Struggling To Shift ST's?

Crumpy Gunt

mrmajorism in "look i think this and all the facts in the world wont change my mind" mode

usual people in not listening mode - i've already said we could have signed him in the near-impossible scenario where manu WOULDN'T (note, not couldn't) find the cash

it simply would never have happened 'cause manu were NEVER not gonna sign him, you can read this sentence right?...they were waiting til january or the following window due to cash if i recall but had their hand forced by our bid, that's the start and end of it, once we made the move they were always getting him simple as that

post all the "facts" you want, i'm right 'cause he's wearing a red shirt

oh and is that an intentional mis-spelling of my name?  if so what's the implication?

" i'm sure i even remember rooney saying he'd never have joined the club anyways after the event"

Wrong. He said in his book that had Man Utd not bid for him he'd have signed for us as he was desperate to get away from Moyes.

not like someone on here to pick out the least pertinent part of a discussion to make a worthless point is it?

mrmajorism in "look i think this and all the facts in the world wont change my mind" mode

have a think about it this way; newcastle put in a 17m bid for michael owen who is desperate to leave real madrid making them front runners for his signing as they're his only way to play regular football

then liverpool decide they want him and will match the fee

is it ever going to happen?...you can spout all the facts you like about that too but we both know what the answer would have been, only difference between the two is fergie wanted rooney enough

have a think about it this way; newcastle put in a 17m bid for michael owen who is desperate to leave real madrid making them front runners for his signing as they're his only way to play regular football

is it ever going to happen?...you can spout all the facts you like about that too but we both know what the answer would have been, only difference between the two is fergie wanted rooney enough

exactly...they didn't and it did happen. all you are saying is if man utd hadn't come in for him we'd have got him.....it's the same with every player (ie if real madrid had been in first for ronaldo he wouldn't have gone to man utd)

you are saying if we go in for players of that calibre then we will never get them as the man utd's and liverpools will nip in and get them. you've gave yourself an example of at least one occasion when it didn't happen.

good of you though as most on here will conveniently leave out evidence that doesn't support their ideas but you on the other hand are prepared to damage your own argument in the name of finding the truth.

exactly...they didn't and it did happen. all you are saying is if man utd hadn't come in for him we'd have got him.....it's the same with every player (ie if real madrid had been in first for ronaldo he wouldn't have gone to man utd)

you are saying if we go in for players of that calibre then we will never get them as the man utd's and liverpools will nip in and get them. you've gave yourself an example of at least one occasion when it didn't happen.

good of you though as most on here will conveniently leave out evidence that doesn't support their ideas but you on the other hand are prepared to damage your own argument in the name of finding the truth.

aye alright mulder

wasn't going to happen, NEVER mate...not sure what you're trying to say really...i've been fairly clear about the whole thing - in my opinion there was never a time when man u wouldn't have made the move to sign him once we started the ball rolling, that's it really

what the fuck are you arguing about?  that we put in a bid?  never denied it 

that IF (and we eveidently disgree fundamentally about how big this IF is) manu didn't bid we might have got him?  never denied it

carry on though, you're doing well

aye alright mulder

wasn't going to happen, NEVER mate...not sure what you're trying to say really...i've been fairly clear about the whole thing - in my opinion there was never a time when man u wouldn't have made the move to sign him once we started the ball rolling, that's it really

what the f*** are you arguing about?  that we put in a bid?  never denied it 

that IF (and we eveidently disgree fundamentally about how big this IF is) manu didn't bid we might have got him?  never denied it

a big enough "if" that if we hadn't bid man utd wouldn't have. owen and liverpool was a great example as was ferdinand to arsenal or spurs before we signed him, and beardsley was off to leeds before we bid. you are saying rooney was "never" gpoing to happen,i'm saying it was a distinct possibility.

aye alright mulder

what the f*** are you arguing about?  that we put in a bid?  never denied it 

a big enough "if" that if we hadn't bid man utd wouldn't have. owen and liverpool was a great example as was ferdinand to arsenal or spurs before we signed him, and beardsley was off to leeds before we bid. you are saying rooney was "never" gpoing to happen,i'm saying it was a distinct possibility.

what a pointless discussion we've just had man, he plays for man u, what's it matter?  all conjecture anyways...stand by my point mind

whole thing started from me questioning the motive behind the modric bid anyhow, and until we spend the 18m or so we offered to him then i'll continue to do so

Not renewing , sat in level 7 , being moved to the corner.

Had to put up the same hopes and dreams year in year out but now thats it.

We seem to have the only billonaire that spends no money.

Good riddance, we don't need flakey glory hunters like yourself.

Souness?  Aye, I'll renew.

Roeder?  Aye, I'll renew.

Allardyce?  Aye, I'll renew.

Keegan?  f*** it.  I'm sick.

Can't understand the mentality.

Agreed.

It looks like the JCLs have decided to bail out en masse this season, which won't be a bad thing.

Good riddance to anyone who feels they no longer "fancy" going to the match.

Supporting Newcastle isn't a fashion or an alternative to the cinema it's a lifetime decision and commitment.

If they feel that way they should Feck off and follow man U or Chelsea for a season or two before moving on to Real Madrid or another "trendy" club.

They're like the mackems of old, who despite having some great fans, could swing between 20,000 and 40,000 attendances from season to season.

Yes, the club have their part to play but Ashley and Keegan have already shown that things are changing and NUFC will be different from now on, I think they are far more deserving of support than the previous regimes who DID manage to fill the house week in week out.

Was up this morning to see my seat, guy who showed me around said consultation appts had been busy last week (7 stewards with half hour slots) but only had 12 appts booked in so far this week.

Supporting Newcastle isn't a fashion or an alternative to the cinema it's a lifetime decision and commitment.

If they feel that way they should Feck off and follow man U or Chelsea for a season or two before moving on to Real Madrid or another "trendy" club.

They're like the mackems of old, who despite having some great fans, could swing between 20,000 and 40,000 attendances from season to season.

Yes, the club have their part to play but Ashley and Keegan have already shown that things are changing and NUFC will be different from now on, I think they are far more deserving of support than the previous regimes who DID manage to fill the house week in week out.

Does this include people who genuinely just can't afford to go any more? Should they fuck off too? 

Does this include people who genuinely just can't afford to go any more? Should they fuck off too? 

think benwell lads been pretty clear there personally, he's saying fuck all about people who can't afford it he's talking about people who don't feel it like or fancy going to the match 'cause of a few years of mediocrity

mrmojorisin75, another classic exhibit of you moving the goalposts of your argument after you have been completely pwned by others.

Your original post:

ever considered the modric move was nothing more than an attempt to "convince" fans we're gonna spend big when we're not dave?  bit like the rooney move that was simply never going to happen in a 100 years but was designed to make us look like we were still competing/able to compete

implies that the Rooney bid was a complete fabrication in order to appease the fans. Other posts have quite rightly pointed out that there were genuine intentions behind our bid. To move the goalposts to hide behind a valid argument that he wasn't going to sign for Newcastle because he eventually signed for Manchester United makes you look foolish as it is completely irrelevant to your original point. Just admit that you were wrong for once.

mrmojorisin75, another classic exhibit of you moving the goalposts of your argument after you have been completely pwned by others.

Your original post:

ever considered the modric move was nothing more than an attempt to "convince" fans we're gonna spend big when we're not dave?  bit like the rooney move that was simply never going to happen in a 100 years but was designed to make us look like we were still competing/able to compete

implies that the Rooney bid was a complete fabrication in order to appease the fans. Other posts have quite rightly pointed out that there were genuine intentions behind our bid. To move the goalposts to hide behind a valid argument that he wasn't going to sign for Newcastle because he eventually signed for Manchester United makes you look foolish as it is completely irrelevant to your original point. Just admit that you were wrong for once.

bang to rights i suppose, too busy throwing in posts between work to remember what i've been on about, wish i had more time be more coherent but yes what i wrote there was wrong ultimately

anyhow the rooney bid was obviously real, i'm not an idiot, but TO ME was never realistic due to the man u factor - other people disagree, that's life

Does this include people who genuinely just can't afford to go any more? Should they f*** off too? 

Anyone who genuinely can't afford to go, but would like to, deserves absolute sympathy.

Theres no doubt that watching football, like most other things in England,  is expensive in comparison to other countries. But it's like people allegedly not being able to afford food or fuel or other things, and the numbers of people living in supposed poverty in the UK -

There is NO poverty in the UK. There are people who are not as well off as others - but to see real poverty you have to visit other parts of the planet.

People who complain about not being able to heat their houses etc - and sure, rising energy costs affect everyone - should perhaps think about budgeting and even sacrificing some of the non essential luxuries which are almost taken for granted.

For example a season ticket costs approx £500 - that is about a tenner a week - an individual can spend their money in whatever way they wish - but if there is a choice between supporting Newcastle by making the sacrifice of 3 or 4 pints a week, a couple of packets of tabs or a takeaway meal each week, then I know what any TRUE Newcastle fan would choose.

If you want to support Newcastle fine, if you don't want to support Newcastle thats fine too, but I'm not sure the "can't afford to go" argument is a particularly valid one.

Guest neesy111

Does this include people who genuinely just can't afford to go any more? Should they f*** off too? 

Anyone who genuinely can't afford to go, but would like to, deserves absolute sympathy.

Theres no doubt that watching football, like most other things in England,  is expensive in comparison to other countries. But it's like people allegedly not being able to afford food or fuel or other things, and the numbers of people living in supposed poverty in the UK -

There is NO poverty in the UK. There are people who are not as well off as others - but to see real poverty you have to visit other parts of the planet.

People who complain about not being able to heat their houses etc - and sure, rising energy costs affect everyone - should perhaps think about budgeting and even sacrificing some of the non essential luxuries which are almost taken for granted.

For example a season ticket costs approx £500 - that is about a tenner a week - an individual can spend their money in whatever way they wish - but if there is a choice between supporting Newcastle by making the sacrifice of 3 or 4 pints a week, a couple of packets of tabs or a takeaway meal each week, then I know what any TRUE Newcastle fan would choose.

If you want to support Newcastle fine, if you don't want to support Newcastle thats fine too, but I'm not sure the "can't afford to go" argument is a particularly valid one.

i can't believe some of the stuff I'm hearing from "Newcastle" fans, people can only take so much shit football, I wouldn't have got my season ticket if my uncle didn't pay for it.

The fact that it would take me 7 hours to pay to watch a match which last's 1 1/2 hours, and nevermind the cost of travelling to the match and refreshments.

If fan's don't want to go, then fine but you shouldn't call them a glory hunter because of it, cos no newcastle fan in their right mind is a glory hunter ffs

You've answered my question.  :thup:

i can't believe some of the stuff I'm hearing from "Newcastle" fans, people can only take so much s*** football, I wouldn't have got my season ticket if my uncle didn't pay for it.

The fact that it would take me 7 hours to pay to watch a match which last's 1 1/2 hours, and nevermind the cost of travelling to the match and refreshments.

If fan's don't want to go, then fine but you shouldn't call them a glory hunter because of it, cos no newcastle fan in their right mind is a glory hunter ffs

You're gonna have to remind me about the bit where I referred to anyone as a glory hunter  ???

I do however admire your accountancy skills and suggest you spend the accrued 7 hours pay on something you enjoy more than watching Newcastle.

Guest neesy111

how about the cost of going to the match, then for some people time taken off work due to the stupid kick off times that mean's tv fan's are more important than the 1's that go to the matches.

An extra £10 a week builds up especially with food going up average £10 a week, add on to that the cost of petrol and home energy prices

thats an extra £30+ a week that builds up to over £1500 and then I haven't included the extra cost of getting a mortgage now