Euro 2008: Your team of the tournament..

Mr. Snrub

Well unfortunately its not all about defending is it? This tournament has showed fullback going forward alot in Ramos, Lahm and Zhirkov and not only defending.

If Germany had played a better defender there tonight, Spain might not have scored.

If Lahm had went after Torres' knee the world would be a happier place.

Pletikosa (lol)

Pepe Marchena Chiellini

Senna

Snjider Arshavin Fabregas Turan

Pavulchenko (lol)

I don't know why people think that the Prem is miles ahead of La liga. Ramos at right back would walk in to most prem teams, top class player.

I reckon I could name ten right backs who are better defenders than Ramos.

Villa

Sneijder            Arshavin

Ballack Xavi Senna

Zhirkov Puyol Marchena Altintop

Casillas

Subs:

Turan

Pepe

Schweinsteiger

Pavlyuchenko

Srna

Aurelio

Buffon

Buffon

Anyukov Mertesacker Puyol Zhirkov

Xavi Senna

Sneijder Ballack Arshavin

Villa

Coach: Guus Hiddink

This team would fly the Turkish flag, despite the fact that I couldn't find any space to put actual Turkish players in  :undecided:

I don't know why people think that the Prem is miles ahead of La liga. Ramos at right back would walk in to most prem teams, top class player.

Not yet,and certainly not at right back-quality centre half in the making though.

Sagna

Corluka

G. Neville

Beye

Brown

Jagielka

Zambrotta

Sagnol

Anyukov

Miguel

Hutton

all better right backs than Ramos. I'm sure there are plenty more that slip my mind this time of night...

Sagna

Corluka

G. Neville

Beye

Brown

Jagielka

Zambrotta

Sagnol

Anyukov

Miguel

Hutton

all better right backs than Ramos. I'm sure there are plenty more that slip my mind this time of night...

umm... no.

Yea some of them are others I disagree. He is a decent defender not the best but going forward he is really good. Put it this way your not going to play week in week out for Real Madrid if your shit.

Sagna

Corluka

G. Neville

Beye

Brown

Jagielka

Zambrotta

Sagnol

Anyukov

Miguel

Hutton

You are really under-rating Ramos. I'm not sure what you've got against him.

Yea some of them are others I disagree. He is a decent defender not the best but going forward he is really good. Put it this way your not going to play week in week out for Real Madrid if your shit.

I'd say it was the other way around. Good going forwards, but error-ridden defensively. Would be cut to pieces in the Premier League.

Same for Bosingwa.

Casillas

Zhirkov  Zan  Puyol  Behrami

Arda  Senna  Xavi  Arshavin

Villa        Podolski

Bench

Buffon

Schweinsteiger

Tuncay

Fabregas

Pepe

Robben

Nihat

Ballack

Player of the Tournament: Arshavin

Goat: Gomez

I'd say it was the other way around. Good going forwards, but error-ridden defensively. Would be cut to pieces in the Premier League.

Same for Bosingwa.

how often do you watch him for Madrid? i'd say he's like Micah Richards in that his decision making can be off but he has immense recovery speed.

Defensively I would compare him to Micah Richards in terms of excellent potential marred by making the bad decisions, but getting away with it thanks to his physical ability and by being in a good team. Going forwards he is second to none, but I like defenders you can bet your house on not letting you down, and Ramos is not one of those defenders.

Same for Bosingwa.

how often do you watch him for Madrid? i'd say he's like Micah Richards in that his decision making can be off but he has immense recovery speed.

Don't have regular access to La Liga coverage so can only go on what I have seen in the internationals.

I reckon I could name ten right backs who are better defenders than Ramos.

Agreed. I can't see how he plays in that position for Real Madrid.

Anyukov is the same type of player as Ramos from what I've seen so I don't know how he can be seen as a more defensive option.

Casillas

Ramos Puyol Marchena Capdevila

Senna

Xavi        Arshavin

Schwein                          Silva

Villa

So yeah basically Spain

Ramos is a good defender when he's in a defensive mindset if that makes any sense.

Like for Madrid he spends a lot of time pretending to be a Zidane/Beckham/Ronaldinho. Trying plenty of tricks and always looking for a hollywood 40 yard pass.

He's most likely to make a mistake when he has no pressure or his team is coasting it a bit. When his team looks vulnerable whether it be for Madrid or Spain he steps it up. Suddenly becomes stronger, more aggressive, closes down crosses, uses his pace to harass attackers and is very good in the air.

It's just that sometimes he's a bit of a fairy. Certainly knows hows to defend unlike what i've seen from Bosingwa.

Ramos has had a good tournament.

--------------------------------- Villa -------------------------------

Sneijder ------------------ Arshavin -------------------- Altintop

------------------------ Senna ----- Modric -----------------------

Zhirkov --------------- Pepe ----- Marchena --------- Corluka

------------------------------ Casillas ------------------------------

squad:

Buffon, Boruc, Ramos, Kolodin, Chiellini, Pranjic, Inler, Xavi, Sionko, Robben, Podolski, Pavlyuchenko

coach:

Fatih Terim