Which kids will make it to the "big school"

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

Sorry if its been done.

But just reading up on Edgar I wondered which of our acadmy, any of you thought might just have a bi special to make it to the Toon first team.

But just reading up on Edgar I wondered which of our acadmy, any of you thought might just have a bi special to make it to the Toon first team.

Don't see what their sexuality has to do with it really.

Guest geordienorway

United youngsters to be allowed out on loan

Keegan will make full use of the loan system next season to give his young players much-needed first-team experience.

Last season rising stars Andy Carroll and Tim Krul were among those loaned out by Newcastle United, spending time at Preston North End and Falkirk respectively.

And the pair – along with the likes of David Edgar, Tamas Kadar and Ben Tozer – could again find themselves farmed out to play competitive football.

Keegan and the club's hierarchy are keen to bring on United's young players, and gaining first-team experience at league clubs is seen as vital to their development.

Owner Mike Ashley sees Newcastle's Academy as vital to the club's future, and is determined that players are given every chance to break into Keegan's side.

Striker Carroll – who will miss England's European Under-19 Championship campaign with a heel injury – spent six months at Deepdale last season, while goalkeeper Krul returned early from a season-long loan in the Scottish Premier League when he dislocated his shoulder.

Carroll is keen to push for first-team football at St James's Park, but has Mark Viduka, Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins and Alan Smith ahead of him in the pecking order, while Krul is behind hugely-experienced duo Shay Given and Steve Harper.

Defender Edgar has never been loaned out, and neither have January defensive recruits Kadar and Tozer.

Great news imo.

Get Kazenga out on loan and really see how dangerous that lad can be.

Maybe one of the promoted clubs could do with a pacey winger.

Couldn't we do with another one apart from The Zog? ;)

Isnt spiderman supposed to be a bit pacey?

Ahahahahahaha your attempted Milner dig failed, mwuhahahhahahhaahhaha pwned!!!!!

Cocknose.

I never mentioned Spiderman as I obviously haven't seen enough to base a full judgement on him. I thought any idiot would have obviously realised that. :D

Did he run slow when you saw him? Is it that hard to judge if someone is quick? ;)

Never seen him run mate, he slung pretty quick though. http://www.toontastic.net/board/style_emoticons/default/spidey_peace_dance.gif

The problem I think we will have is the Championship is becoming less skillful and more physical ever year, just look at Hull and Stoke (Bristol City as well) last season. That really doesn't suit a player like Kazenga or any other youngster who isn't quite fully physically developed yet. This is a particular problem with our academy currently as a lot of the bright prospects are still very young.

Also increasingly your not going to be able to loan to the Premiership as managers want players who will make an instant impact not a kid who you are developing for another team.

Guest Heneage

Never liked Troisi always thought he was just pace.

Edgar seems highly rated, Id like him to get a loan for a promoted team.

Edgar seems highly rated, Id like him to get a loan for a promoted team.

Won't be going just yet. Beye, Enrique, Faye, Taylor, Cacapa and Edgar are currenlty our only defenders. So unless we sign atleast 2 or 3 defenders he'll be staying here this season. Plus his contract is up at the end of the season so he certainly won't be going anywhere on a season long loan.

Guest Heneage

Was anyonen suprised Marwoods lad got a 12 month extension? Ive not heard how hes been doing.

How's Ryan Donaldson doing?

Last i heard he was performing quite well for England.

No doubt he has some talent but he doesn't have the best attitude when playing for the Academy, often strolls around thinking he's Mr. Big when in reality he has an awful long way to go as we all know.

The problem I think we will have is the Championship is becoming less skillful and more physical ever year, just look at Hull and Stoke (Bristol City as well) last season. That really doesn't suit a player like Kazenga or any other youngster who isn't quite fully physically developed yet.

Doesn't seem to have done Frasier Campbell any harm mind.

The problem I think we will have is the Championship is becoming less skillful and more physical ever year, just look at Hull and Stoke (Bristol City as well) last season. That really doesn't suit a player like Kazenga or any other youngster who isn't quite fully physically developed yet. This is a particular problem with our academy currently as a lot of the bright prospects are still very young.

Also increasingly your not going to be able to loan to the Premiership as managers want players who will make an instant impact not a kid who you are developing for another team.

i agree with stozo about the championship but i don't think clubs should be able to loan to teams in the same division.