Another transfer done and dusted in a few hours...

Dave

...with virtually no hint of it in the press beforehand. In fact if the Echo had not broken the story I don't think either club would have confirmed it, meaning it would have been completed and announced completely out of the blue like Jonas. Alright, we had a rumour from .com but that was about it IIRC.

Whilst some prefer to go on the newspaper gossip, and some think we're not doing much behind the scenes, I like it this way. O0

You're wrong though Dave, we're not trying to sign anyone and the window is almost closed. Our fans are deluded, only random unknown players like Gutierrez will come to us. The players we're bringing in are useless and aren't flair players because Keegan doesn't like attacking, creative football. We're going to get relegated.

I really don't have preferred method of how we do business as I am more interested in who we sign & how it turns out.

Everyone knew Fergie/Man Utd were after Anderson, Nani  Owen Hargreaves & Tevez & that seemed to work out canny. Rafa may have upset Villa & Spurs by going public but I think everyone knows them players want to go to Anfield now. Utilizing the media for some signings is part of reeling in process which big clubs have to do now to force sales through.

Guest neesy111

I really don't have preferred method of how we do business as I am more interested in who we sign & how it turns out.

Everyone knew Fergie/Man Utd were after Anderson, Nani  Owen Hargreaves & Tevez & that seemed to work out canny. Rafa may have upset Villa & Spurs by going public but I think everyone knows them players want to go to Anfield now. Utilizing the media for some signings is part of reeling in process which big clubs have to do now to force sales through.

going public with bids where other clubs are interested is a no-no

going public with bids where other clubs are interested is a no-no

Your right as that is the job of the selling club to make everyone aware there is bidding war to drive the price up.

...with virtually no hint of it in the press beforehand. In fact if the Echo had not broken the story I don't think either club would have confirmed it, meaning it would have been completed and announced completely out of the blue like Jonas. Alright, we had a rumour from .com but that was about it IIRC.

Whilst some prefer to go on the newspaper gossip, and some think we're not doing much behind the scenes, I like it this way. O0

Aside of the fact that it simply isn't true that we have never done it this way before, its still the quality that counts.

Aside of the fact that it simply isn't true that we have never done it this way before, its still the quality that counts.

from someone who sits and watches this forum from afar

Ashley regime > Shepherd fuck face

This one is not really out of the blue like the Jonas deal though, the story has been doing the rounds for a while now. Just not a very exciting story, so hasn't received a lot of attention.

As someone said above, who gives a shit how our transfer business is conducted as long as we get the right players in through the doors.

Can we avoid turning this thread into yet another argument about the board please?

It certainly wasn't my intention, and it's just the usual suspect looking for a bite.

Anderson and Nani was announced from no-where iirc.

:icon_scratch:

I remember a camera crew following Carlos Q & David Gill in Lisbon.

I seem to remember just logging on the internet one day to see these 2 random players i'd never heard of sign for like £40m, seemed to come from no-where. I might well have been a bit detached from the football news at that point though so you're probably right.

the insinuation is that we haven't, not just by you. Correct or not ?

No, you're just obsessing as usual. Ridiculously defensive.

no I'm not.

Look at the quotes "more professional". More professional than what ?

Its not me thats obsessed man, I'm not making anything up !!!!!

I only hope its a quality player, thats all.