So who could we sign that would pacify you?

Dave

to answer the OP question:

given how the close season has gone to date i'd be pretty fucken delighted if we pulled off a deal for baptista

still think we should prise bent away from spurs assuming they're not asking for stupid money, which they seem to do these days

seems ben haim is availbale as well, we could do worse than that as another CB and emergency cover for beye at RB

what else?  DM really, that's where i lose it as there's no-one springs to mind, maybe appiah?

that standard of signing would do me

not one individual signing but some rising talents from around europe Rakitic, Menez, Muntari, Bentley, Veloso etc a lot of players like that out there and available if we're willing to pay the right amount, especially for those in smallers leagues like netherlands or portugal or less desirable places like russia or ukraine.

not one individual signing but some rising talents from around europe Rakitic, Menez, Muntari, Bentley, Veloso etc a lot of players like that out there and available if we're willing to pay the right amount, especially for those in smallers leagues like netherlands or portugal or less desirable places like russia or ukraine.

chose my suggestions on the basis that we'll simply not pay for the likes of these players...6.5m rumoured for baptista, i see that as about our level this summer

granted i've not a lot to base that on, but then no-one has anything to base the opposite view on either really do they?

SWP

Why do we need to buy a player for the position that we are most covered for?

Just because we're "most covered" there doesn't mean the players we have are of high enough quality and/or will even be staying at the club.

SWP is top-class, we might actually have a chance of getting him, and the thought of him on the right and Gutierrez on the left would be extremely exciting. He's the type of player that could take us to the next level, much like a Bentley would, and those are the types of players we could do with signing.

Obviously we need a couple of defenders, a central midfielder and a striker too, but as far as an individual signing goes, SWP would be the one for me (which is what I thought the initial question was about: "who could we bring in that would excite you?")

SWP

Why do we need to buy a player for the position that we are most covered for?

Just because we're "most covered" there doesn't mean the players we have are of high enough quality and/or will even be staying at the club.

SWP is top-class, we might actually have a chance of getting him, and the thought of him on the right and Gutierrez on the left would be extremely exciting. He's the type of player that could take us to the next level, much like a Bentley would, and those are the types of players we could do with signing.

Obviously we need a couple of defenders, a central midfielder and a striker too, but as far as an individual signing goes, SWP would be the one for me (which is what I thought the initial question was about: "who could we bring in that would excite you?")

:thup:

Though i'm still unsure about SWP. Agree that another top quality winger though would easily take us to that next level; especially given that our wingers after Jonas are Milner (meh), Duff (dogshite), N'Zogbia (unknown).

Taylor and Ferdinand at the back? This a wind up? :lol:

thats a bit like having Terry and Ferdinand at the back when they were both 21 yr olds isn't it?

Ferdinand (Rio) was in the england squad for the WC at 19, Terry was there at 21

Taylor and Anton are nowhere near that level and probably never will be

Guest elbee909

Albert Luque.

Zany.

I was going for the more wacky approach.

Touche.

More like douche.

I've been thinking about this and I wish I could drop in a few obscure names that some seem to be able to do, but perhaps I don't watch enough of non PL football to have much knowledge of too many.

There aren't many players in the PL that would be available, are of the necessary class and would come to the club, that spring to mind.

I guess SWP and Bentley, could be considered but I not convinced  RW is a priority position now we have bought Jonas. I would have liked to have seen Ashton, Aimar, Modric (of course) and even settled for Crouch coming in but that's not going to happen now. I would take Shorey from Reading, Cuellar at Rangers would be a good move IMO. But if we got those two we would still be short of a creative cm, young DM to replace butt, and a target man who can be relied upon, plus some squad filling. I have absolutely no suggestion for those other than going over old ground with Turan, Inler and that young swiss lad. I think at this late stage now, we probably have to take a few risks with more unknowns than KK had thought he would be left with.