Newcastle TV

Skirge

Would it not be nice to have NUFC in the media but a station that is controlled by the club, all the other club channels show highlights pf Prem games and live reserve games so why cannot we?

Highlights of games would cost extra money to broadcast on TV (because of the existing TV deals) so you'd need a very large subscriber list to make it viable. As already stated MUTV do this but that channel makes a loss.

Personally, I'd love it if they showed our reserve and youth games on NUFC TV on the official site.

I don't think there's any need for a 24 hour tv-station, and I wouldn't be able to watch it anyway :razz:

Would it not be nice to have NUFC in the media but a station that is controlled by the club, all the other club channels show highlights pf Prem games and live reserve games so why cannot we?

Highlights of games would cost extra money to broadcast on TV (because of the existing TV deals) so you'd need a very large subscriber list to make it viable. As already stated MUTV do this but that channel makes a loss.

If a deal was done with Setanta then would the extra cost only be for games shown on sky sports ? I would imagine also that any highlights would have to be shown after Sky had done their highlights bit.

I am more all for it because of reserve games though, if they can be shown live then thats cracking..

Personally, I'd love it if they showed our reserve and youth games on NUFC TV on the official site.

I don't think there's any need for a 24 hour tv-station, and I wouldn't be able to watch it anyway :razz:

Pushing more through the internet and the official site is the way forward. They can really do alot more with it, that said if they actually bother to film some more stuff to go in new sections they have put on the official site it wouldnt be so bad.

Internet and tv will probably be combined before we have enough content to put on a 12 hour tv channel let alone 24.

I  once sent an e-mail to the club asking would they in the future be showing live games on the internet. Their reply was "we will be looking into this future and thanked me for my suggestion"

I  once sent an e-mail to the club asking would they in the future be showing live games on the internet. Their reply was "we will be looking into this future and thanked me for my suggestion"

:thup:

We launched Boro TV on Comcast and it went about six years. The problem was it was only available to Comcast subscribers, not Sky so even for a local-based audience, there wasn't the audience or ad revenue.

Stozo is right - if Man Utd can't even make a profit out of it, what's the point?

Guest microbar

We need to be a top four club to consider nufc tv.

What we going to fill the air time with.

How we nearly got in the top half of the table lol.

Guest shearer_united

I think for Newcastle TV to really improve itself, it should:

- provide a wider variety of content other than mostly match highlights and interviews

- have a very fast stream/download server

- maybe provide videos for users to download

- and most importantly start showing live matches

Maybe current statistics don't provide a lot incentive to dramatically improve- however, if they pull it off, i think many people will start to join especially if Newcastle matches are shown live and are available to stream (via highspeed servers) in high-definition and regular-definition formats via internet.

ofcourse, there comes the cost factor and would be the big factor into such major decisions.

Guest scottishmag54

depends how it would be launched if its part of a package with sentanta like liverpool and arsenals are i cant see how it can make much money

Red button feature:

Live Mong Cam - Press the red button, and take up a closeup look at the jobless and half-termers outside SJP as they sing "Shearer" in an attempt to get on TV.

If a deal was done with Setanta then would the extra cost only be for games shown on sky sports ? I would imagine also that any highlights would have to be shown after Sky had done their highlights bit.

We'd have to negotiate a deal directly with the Premier League to be able to show highlights. We wouldn't get them on the cheap either, we'd have to pay comaprable rates to what SKY and BBC pay i.e we show highlights of 1 out of 10 games per weekend (our game basically) then we'd have to pay roughly 10% of what Sky and the BBC pay per weekend. I imagine these costs alone would make the channel impossible to run making a profit.

Red button feature:

Live Mong Cam - Press the red button, and take up a closeup look at the jobless and half-termers outside SJP as they sing "Shearer" in an attempt to get on TV.

:lol:

Would be great. Show all NUFC matches, interviews and latest news from training etc. The channel does´t have to run 24/7. I am absolutely sure we have enough fans willing to by this. How can Chelsea have it?

Would by it immediately like everything else :angel:

biggest joke of an idea ever, theres no fucking need for a TV channel, we have enough football and nufc in the media as it is

At least our own tv channel would put the press bullshit stories out of the field.I'm all for it and 100% would subscribe.

Are there any plans for us to have a proper TV channel like Chelski, Man Ure, Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers? would be nice to be able to watch our reserve games live and have other stuff on throughout the day.

was just thinking the same thing recently