Players you disliked the most

David Icke - Son of God

that's interesting.. I never hated Barnes while he was here.. of course, he was already too fat and never showed any consistency.. but he still had decent technique and occasionally showed some nice touches.. or maybe it's all in my head :/

yeah I agree. He was past his best, but did better than Arsprilla.

There's been some s**** posted on here in the last 3 or 4 weeks, but that sentence there beats all of it.

no, its true.

He did better in that season than Arsprilla, apart from 1 game. Unless you are one of these knackers who sit around in clubs and think that 1 game makes somebody a great player.

What an absolute load of bollocks :lol:

My opinion. He was a knacker and a waste of space. 2 League goals from someone supposed to be leading the attack and taking responsibilty should tell you something. Tomasson would have done miles better if he had played alongside Shearer, Ferdinand or Ferguson.

BTW, Barnes played up front for some games that season, he showed miles more committment to the team than Arsprilla. He also scored 6 league goals against Arsprilla's 2

was that the season he played 8 league games ?

season 96-97, 4 goals in 17 games plus 7 as a sub.

97-98 2 league goals, and 4 CL goals, don't know appearances, did he play more in europe than the league  bluelaugh.gif what does that tell you.

6 goals in 2 seasons in the league. Barnes equalled that in 1 season. Stop defending him just because he "entertained" you or whatever. He was s****, he didn't deliver, he was a waste of money. When people talk about NUFC being laughed at, its this sort of mentality that they laugh at. The successful clubs wouldn't entertain such players with such a s**** return, but NUFC fans love it. What a load of s****.

Even taking away stats, he did nothing for the team ethic either.

a simple yes would have sufficed

I said I don't know. What do you think about the rest of the post ?

i think he was a better player than you give him credit for but too much time out,too few goals,when he was good he was very good but had too many off days. a signing that didn't work out and i don't blame him for our not winning the title.still think he is a strange choice to have as a most disliked. i also think john barnes owed us nowt and i have a different appreciation of that man following his time here. i continually slagged him off for liverpool, i never really rated him then up here you could see the touch he had and a passion (without the legs) that none too many had at that time.

Speed

Gillespie

Carr

Butt

Robbie Elliott (2nd time round)

Paul Kitson

Half of those are not going to be popular choices I would imagine :lol:

SPEED?

Speed...what are you on about ? Thats crap.

Am actually looking forward to hearing LLLO's reasoning behind this... what was up with Speed man?

I know it's an easy one, but Damien Duff. I simply can't think of a single thing he can actually do any more and yet he still gets games. Not only that, but fans of our club and especially others still seem to think there's a good player in there, when there's really not. He's been utter gash from day one and he'll be fucking raking it in.

Can't wait to see him off our books.

Back to his devastating best today after last week's blip.

Guest elbee909

Asprilla app 50; goals 18 (one in 2.77)

Rush app 9; goals 2 (one in 4.5)

Barnes app 33; goals 7 (one in 4.7)

I know who I'd rather have, even before you start considering the entertainment value.

Or the fact that Rush is a twat and Barnes is a cunt, whereas Tino is merely a knacker, and is neither fat nor wears a stupid moustache.

gan to bed lad

Yes, ignore the bit entirely that doesn't chime with your opinion.  Some things, we can always rely on.