Players you disliked the most

David Icke - Son of God

I have to add one of the reasons I despise Alan Oliver is that when Goma had hit a bit of form and had finally come good he broke the story that he'd been sitting on all that season that Goma had asked to leave at the end of it. The timing was a fucking disgrace and if I'd been in charge of the club I'd have banned the twat for life.

Robbie Elliott (second time round) - worst player in the Prem at that time, disgustingly bad

Kevin Gallacher

Shaka - mainly due to that Blackburn game

hmmm.... I find it hard to dislike Gallacher, he wasn't brought in to be in the starting XI week in, week out and actually showed a bit of passion (his first goal at home to Sheff Utd in the cup).

Also really canny when he put his name in my autograph book.

I never liked David Batty. He could have been a much better player, but he lacked initiative and real leadership. I always felt he concentrated on not making a mistake rather than making something happen. Often looked good, actually produced little.

I don't dislike players for playing shit if they ARE shit.

Carr never disliked one of our players as much as lee dixon. carr comes close, although i cannot remember many players worse in a toon shirt than alan smith. my anger has  calmed given the break. no players ineptitude has made me strop like a child in the living room when watching a match as much.  robert frustrated the tits off me in his last season but i wouldnt line him or anyone else up with the former two.

I really didn't appreciate any of the 'jobs for the boys' signings that Dog Leash made including;

- Stuart Pearce

- John Barnes

- Ian Rush

More recently, had little time for Carr and was never a fanboy of Laurent Robert either, much to the dismay of Baggio.

I never liked David Batty. He could have been a much better player, but he lacked initiative and real leadership. I always felt he concentrated on not making a mistake rather than making something happen. Often looked good, actually produced little.

I don't dislike players for playing s*** if they ARE s***.

I always quite liked David Batty and think the strength he gave us in midfield alongside Lee was part of what made the side tick quite so well for the short time he was with us. Keegan was always saying how impressed he was with Batty. It's just a shame Gullit had to piss all that up with his "shexy football".

I've missed out the names alot of people are mentioning like, s**** like Marcelino, Goma, Smith, Andersson, Luque etc.  Surely they're an automatic choice.

Thought Goma was canny. Also from earlier posts I thought John Barnes did okay for us - Rush was a f***ing disgrace though.

Look - he scored for us in the FA Cup when he should have been using a f***ing zimmer framer. What more do you want?

Rush was credited with the goal but I say it was an own goal. They only said it was Rush's goal because it got him an FA Cup goal scoring record or something.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

I never liked John Beresford, I always thought he was the weakest link in Keegans team of all talents. Plus I always blame him for Cantona scoring THAT goal at St James' however unfair that may be.

Guest tooncrazy

I never liked John Beresford, I always thought he was the weakest link in Keegans team of all talents. Plus I always blame him for Cantona scoring THAT goal at St James' however unfair that may be.

i disagree with you about beresford but i love your avatar  :coolsmiley:

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

Titus "the bear"Bramble and Andy "the nose"O'Brien=.The 2 poorest players in SBR's squad. If we had Woodgate and some other better CB at that time with SBR this team would have achieved something great.

Stephen "the troll"Carr was also complete hole

Celestine Baba-frickin-yaro. What a waste of time, money and space he was. Good shout for Stephen Carr as well, I'm so glad that useless garden gnome has been shown the door like.

Couldn't stop laughing when Diop carried him on his shoulders practically :lol:

Thought Goma was canny. Also from earlier posts I thought John Barnes did okay for us - Rush was a f***ing disgrace though.

Barnes was shit for us; just thinking about him makes me cringe.  Bobby Shinton seems to have escaped a mention; Tony Cunningham and Mavis Riley also deserve a place in this thread.

Mike Hooper was also terrible, Keegan wasn't too happy that he was given so much stick by the fans.  Anybody remember when we stole Lionel Perez from the mackems?

Duff, Smith and Barton are still here so I'll have to name those so I don't feel left out in not liking them.

Pattison, even though he didn't get a long run in the team. It was just that Roeder held him in high regard for reasons obviously unrelated to his ability. It used to boil my blood to see him standing on the sidelines while Zoggy had his coat on.

Guest shearer_united

i hated the following players when they were used in this formation (in defense):

babayaro - boumsong - bramble - carr

Guest shearer_united

Titus for sure. Currently Barton.

I hate Joey Barton too. He's a dirty player and most people knew that he was before coming to us in the summer from Man City.

Alan Smith

Shola Ameobi

Jenas

Robbie Elliot purely because of that chicken dance goal celebration

Nicky Butt, but last year he did do some work in redeeming himself IMO

I totally forgot Barton, on his day he's a good footballer, but those days between kicking a football and kicking a face are few and far between.