Players you disliked the most

David Icke - Son of God

i hated the following players when they were used in this formation (in defense):

babayaro - boumsong - bramble - carr

Thats more of a horror show than hateful tho.

Guest shearer_united

i hated the following players when they were used in this formation (in defense):

babayaro - boumsong - bramble - carr

Thats more of a horror show than hateful tho.

Yes !! Some scary stuff we used to see back then. :D

oh, yeah.. Nicky Butt.. fair enough, when he's good, he's really good but that happens less than 5-6 games a season.. his game is somewhat limited and that thing that forms on the back of his head.. man, I've never seen another human with somet like this

I can't think of many to be honest, loads that I didn't rate but none that I really disliked. I used to get frustrated with people like Andersson and the rest of the non-contributors.

Went through an intense Carr hating period, as most people did, but that died down when he stopped getting a game.

Guest shearer_206

Babayaro was a hate figure in my house for a long long time... But Marcelino is my number one!

my mate's dad despised warren barton for years, and finally got to hurl some abuse at him when he was driving along the quay and saw barton near chase ... 'hoooow piss pot! yer fucking shite yeee' at the top of his voice and barton almost cacked himself apparently. made my mate's dad's year that did, the same fella reckons  keith gillespie still owes him money too lol

I hate any average ex-NUFC player who whinge at over-paid current players. I mean the likes of slating Luque, Boumsong, etc. at talk-ins even though these players have done 10x as much in their careers as the John Anderson's, Beresford's, Micky Quinn's, of this world ever did.

Controversial one here, but I couldn't stand Given when he first signed.

(1) he took Pav's place (sorry Jx2)

(2) His taking Pav's place co-incided with a poor start to the season.

Soon changed my mind though

it was Shaka's place he took to be honest. At the end of the 96-97 season Hislop was no.1 but Pav played the last 2 games due to his illness

Controversial one here, but I couldn't stand Given when he first signed.

(1) he took Pav's place (sorry Jx2)

(2) His taking Pav's place co-incided with a poor start to the season.

Soon changed my mind though

it was Shaka's place he took to be honest. At the end of the 96-97 season Hislop was no.1 but Pav played the last 2 games due to his illness

Was it not last four? Pretty sure he kept 4 clean-sheets out of 4 and it effectively won us 2nd place. Could be wrong.

Robbie Elliott (second time round) - worst player in the Prem at that time, disgustingly bad

Kevin Gallacher

Shaka - mainly due to that Blackburn game

hmmm.... I find it hard to dislike Gallacher, he wasn't brought in to be in the starting XI week in, week out and actually showed a bit of passion (his first goal at home to Sheff Utd in the cup).

Also really canny when he put his name in my autograph book.

He was a headless chicken, no obvious qualities but was let off because he put a decent shift in. Was a signing that showed how far backwards we'd gone in a couple of years.

He was rubbish man! In my opinion one of the main reasons we didn't win the league that season was because Man Utd had Schmeichel and we had a bit of Shaka and a bit of Pav. Both s***.

There was a game against Everton in November I think where Bez got sent off where Pav pulled off a save which is probably in the top 3 I've seen - I remember getting incredibly pissed and telling everyone "that's why we're going to win the league".

I don't think Pav was s*** but take your point on Schmeichel - I also think Keegan playing Shaka at Blackburn cost us dear.

Players I hate:

Pat Heard

John Trewick

Ian Stewart

Wayne Fereday

Absolutely bottleless pieces of s*** to a man.

Jesus yes i had just managed to forget about him hated Smith for giving him the No  9 shirt on occasion we where shit but not that shit.

Roy f**king Aitken an all think he cost us a £mill in 89 for gods sake Celtic must have seen us coming

I've never hated any of our players. I've been frustrated that some of our managers have signed them and picked them, but it's hardly their fault.

I loved Paul Kitson though. Not a great player compared to some of the players we've had, but he was a good bloke.

I wasn't born when he played for us, but i absolutely hate Malcolm McDonald.

I dont care how good he was, IMO that guy is the biggest C*** in the world.

He's always got an opinion on everything makes sure everyone hears it.

I really don't understand this thread. Bit negative to say the least. Anyway never really hated any player who pulled on the black and white shirt. I know plenty of people who used to sit by me at matches would slate a player from his first touch to his last, I could not understand that attitude.

Yes there are players I never rated such as Gillespie, Darren Peacock, Andy O'brien and Steven Carr. But I never really hated them and certainly would never show any dislike towards them when they were out on the pitch.