Doncaster Rovers 1-0 Newcastle Utd - 26/07/08 - post-match reaction from page 7

kirkwdavis2001

Guest Mantis

It is right to think that Duff cant beat a championship defender and Smith could barely trouble any of the Rovers defence.

Where was Milner?

Guest shearer_united

It's the beginning of the end, if we can't beat teams like Doncaster then we're screwed against the might of Hull and Stoke, oh dear.

If I'm honest Keegan should go now before it's too late...

Its wrong to think:  preseason results = premiership results

preseason scores means nothing, therefore you don't really need to be winning all the time.

Your wrong Owen doesn't care, Martins will move to Arsenal along with Given and our whole world will come crashing down.

Ashley isn't ambitious enough to replace them

I honestly do not care if we lose Martins, Owen, Viduka all in the summer transfer window as long as we get other players to replace them that are as good as or better than them.

It is right to think that Duff cant beat a championship defender and Smith could barely trouble any of the Rovers defence.

Where was Milner?

He's just had his wisdom teeth out so he was withheld.

It's the beginning of the end, if we can't beat teams like Doncaster then we're screwed against the might of Hull and Stoke, oh dear.

preseason scores means nothing, therefore you don't really need to be winning all the time.

Your wrong Owen doesn't care, Martins will move to Arsenal along with Given and our whole world will come crashing down.

I honestly do not care if we lose Martins, Owen, Viduka all in the summer transfer window as long as we get other players to replace them that are as good as or better than them.

But we won't!

We're struggling to attract player like Marlon King, we're doomed, championship here we come

Keegan and Ashley won't stick that out...

But we won't!

We're struggling to attract player like Marlon King, we're doomed, championship here we come

Give it a rest.

Guest shearer_united

But we won't!

Don't worry. You should not be. Go have a great summer and have fun and keep the worrying to those working at the club.

But we won't!

Don't worry. You should not be. Go have a great summer and have fun and keep the worrying to those working at the club.

But I am worrying, Newcastle is my life!

Guest newcastle4life

Dissapointed anytime the team loses but these things happen in friendlies for all teams when trying to gain fitness, and it wasnt the full team.

went to the game.  And im really questioning why some of these fuckwits turn up to "support" the team.

1. I know we played s*** and fair played to the lads at the back.  I was at the front and after half time not 1 person around me would sing apart from one person...who i will get to.

2. We had one fit striker and they are a week in front.  Its called a friendly for a reason.

3.  Guy in front of me was loving people taking the piss out the home fans.  When they scored i just smiled and had a laff with the supports around.  But the guy in front goes mental telling the steward he stuck his fingers up at him CRY BABY.  To be fair to the other guy he was just lauging at what a fool he was making of him self wanting to fight etc.

4. The one person who sung 2nd half went like this "PC smith pissed his pants" really if you know this guy smack him in the face all he did was watch the police and sing that...what is that all about.

Right had a good rant.  Apart from that i had a nice trip and lovely weather to go with it.  Poor display but its pre season and all about fitness.  Man u drew with the kaizer chiefs does that mean they are going to lose the league.... :)

went to the game.  And im really questioning why some of these fuckwits turn up to "support" the team.

1. I know we played s*** and fair played to the lads at the back.  I was at the front and after half time not 1 person around me would sing apart from one person...who i will get to.

2. We had one fit striker and they are a week in front.  Its called a friendly for a reason.

3.  Guy in front of me was loving people taking the piss out the home fans.  When they scored i just smiled and had a laff with the supports around.  But the guy in front goes mental telling the steward he stuck his fingers up at him CRY BABY.  To be fair to the other guy he was just lauging at what a fool he was making of him self wanting to fight etc.

4. The one person who sung 2nd half went like this "PC smith pissed his pants" really if you know this guy smack him in the face all he did was watch the police and sing that...what is that all about.

Right had a good rant.  Apart from that i had a nice trip and lovely weather to go with it.  Poor display but its pre season and all about fitness.  Man u drew with the kaizer chiefs does that mean they are going to lose the league.... :)

I've read that 3 times and I'm still struggling to understand it.

McDermott told the Chronicle before setting off for Majorca: “You need big characters like Nicky Butt and Geremi.

Geremi was fantastic at Doncaster and he didn’t want to come off – we had to drag him off in the end!

“If you look behind the result at Doncaster there were some decent performances.

Er, no.

McDermott told the Chronicle before setting off for Majorca: “You need big characters like Nicky Butt and Geremi.

Geremi was fantastic at Doncaster and he didn’t want to come off – we had to drag him off in the end!

“If you look behind the result at Doncaster there were some decent performances.

Er, no.

In fairness Guthrie, Bassong and Krul all had decent enough games from what I heard - what he said was a stretch but it wasn't as bad as say a Tottenham fan saying that they'll sign David Villa.  ;D