Keegan on transfers

Guest hindu times

Barton's good enough for now, lets not get carried away undervaluing our players again.

I don't think he is all that and he lacks the legs to play box-to-box the way he does in a 4-4-2 in my opinion, looked decent in the 4-3-3 though

Guest sondre

Turan

Derdiyok

Warncok

Struggled to think of a creative playmaker

Per Ciljan Skjelbred is apparently on his way according the nufc blog!  :snod:

He is class. His development has slowed down the last year, but that just might be because he is in need of a new challenge and because he has been played on the wing in stead of the middle. He's fast, creative, good on the ball, immense work rate and does a good job defensively as well. Would be well worth the risk for 4-5 mill.

Interesting stuff from Keegan.

Very telling that he thinks so highly of Guthrie, as he says players of the quality of Gutierrez and Guthrie, so Guthrie might be straight into the first team. I would really prefer him to Butt at the moment, so I'd be cool with that.

I also hope that of the three top quality newcomers he hopes to have in, it will be Coloccini with a midfielder and striker, as Dave said. However, I'm a bit worried that a left back might be included in the three. At the moment, I would much rather just bring in a young backup left back and have a top midfielder and Striker come in along with Coloccini.

Barton's good enough for now, lets not get carried away undervaluing our players again.

I don't think he is all that and he lacks the legs to play box-to-box the way he does in a 4-4-2 in my opinion, looked decent in the 4-3-3 though

I think our biggest problem with 4-4-2 isn't our midfield but a lack of a striker who will drop deep to link play up, Owen does it well in a 4-3-1-2 formation but in a 4-4-2 he doesn't get up to support his strike partner quick enough.

Keegan really needs to go back to the formation he had success with last season.

I think our biggest problem with 4-4-2 isn't our midfield but a lack of a striker who will drop deep to link play up, Owen does it well in a 4-3-1-2 formation but in a 4-4-2 he doesn't get up to support his strike partner quick enough.

Keegan really needs to go back to the formation he had success with last season.

can't fully agree with that, successful 4-4-2's either need CM's who control the game through ball retention and passing, and/or destroyers who can pass it onto more creative players

our CM's have neither the quality nor the physicality to make 4-4-2 viable; every other aspect of the team is arguably suited to it

turan would have been a great singing but I doubt very much we can get him, Arshavin could play that role being creative behind two front men but we won't pay 19mill for him.

Guthrie can be a very good DCM, he can cover a lot of turf, can hold up the ball and always looks for thee best option before releasing the ball, unlike Parker who held on and went around in circles.

turan would have been a great singing but I doubt very much we can get him, Arshavin could play that role being creative behind two front men but we won't pay 19mill for him.

Guthrie can be a very good DCM, he can cover a lot of turf, can hold up the ball and always looks for thee best option before releasing the ball, unlike Parker who held on and went around in circles.

I can't see Turan coming here with both Duff and N'Zogbia still at the club.

Well it does not look like he will be going to Italy most likely will stay with Galatasaray, Keegan may be set on playing a 4-3-3 and think we have enough in Owen behind a front two to create things.

Barton----Butt----Guthrie    with that midfield three and a front three of Martins Owen and a new striker such as Gomis, although it that was the case why buy Jonas.

Well it does not look like he will be going to Italy most likely will stay with Galatasaray, Keegan may be set on playing a 4-3-3 and think we have enough in Owen behind a front two to create things.

Barton----Butt----Guthrie    with that midfield three and a front three of Martins Owen and a new striker such as Gomis, although it that was the case why buy Jonas.

I suspect Jonas might be used as one of the midfield 3 and as cover for Martins or Owen when they are injured.

Barton----Butt----Guthrie     with that midfield three and a front three of Martins Owen and a new striker such as Gomis, although it that was the case why buy Jonas.

I suspect Jonas might be used as one of the midfield 3 and as cover for Martins or Owen when they are injured.

i suspect you're right...he's all athleticism and workload i hear...kk might be turning him into a box to boxer...lets face, we need one

KK said he wanted to turn him into a  striker didn't he?

Barton--------Butt--------Guthrie

---------------Jonas

------Owen-------------Martins

i heard the same... guess keegan was want to replace slow and un-mobile viduka. martin on left - owen on center - jonas on right... could be massive prospect. 

Guest optimistic nit

If the three includes Coloccini, a midfielder and a striker I'll be happy.

that would probably do me too. that said if it colccini plus 1 (he said hopefully 3) we cant do without either a midfielder or strikre.

Guest optimistic nit

i would quite like this to get a tryout in a friendly, if we sign colccini in time.

Given

Beye Colccini Bassong/Taylor Enrique/Bassong

Jonas guthrie faye zog

Owen Martins

then we add another striker to that and a playmaker, and were looking ok imo.

can't fully agree with that, successful 4-4-2's either need CM's who control the game through ball retention and passing, and/or destroyers who can pass it onto more creative players

our CM's have neither the quality nor the physicality to make 4-4-2 viable; every other aspect of the team is arguably suited to it

that is our current problem in a nutshell.

Agree aswell;

Defence seems to be sorted when coloccini comes in, need more cover for full backs but the centre seems decent with Coloccini, bassong, Faye, Taylor. The attack is also decent when fit (note:when A. smith doesn't play). The wings also seem covered with the resurgence of duff, our new argie flyer with milner and zogg as back up.

Middle of the field: Geremi, Butt, Guthrie, Barton

They are all quite average, if Butt regains some decent form then he is very acceptable, the other three aren't the standard we need there for a 4-4-2...

Agree aswell;

Defence seems to be sorted when coloccini comes in, need more cover for full backs but the centre seems decent with Coloccini, bassong, Faye, Taylor. The attack is also decent when fit (note:when A. smith doesn't play). The wings also seem covered with the resurgence of duff, our new argie flyer with milner and zogg as back up.

They are all quite average, if Butt regains some decent form then he is very acceptable, the other three aren't the standard we need there for a 4-4-2...

:frantic:

Agree aswell;

even with the best defence in the world you're going to struggle with no protection in front. butt was in and out last season,guthrie unknown. i'm still looking for two rob lee/gary speed types.