Sunday Gossip

Thespence

just ban the fucker

This is a football forum everyone has the right to their opinion, even if you don't agree with it, there is no need for personal abuse.

true but this is not just a guys opinion this is an obvious wind up

Guest Flair

just ban the fucker

This is a football forum everyone has the right to their opinion, even if you don't agree with it, there is no need for personal abuse.

It really isn't, he is the ultimate pessimist. Also tbh his posts are always hilariously funny, like the little rhyme he managed to create in his post about Keegan and Keane.

just ban the fucker

It really isn't, he is the ultimate pessimist.

It really is

Guest ObaStar

I think its a case of both players not wanting to come here and Ashley not being willing to blow fortunes on a player, if we do not meet the fee wanted by a club then thats that, if a player does not want to come here then that is also that.

All that though will not stop Keegan feeling like he is not being backed by the board, all this about 80 to 100 mill being spent blah blah blah, its not looking good mind we have a very very poor thing squad and if he wants us to win things then he HAS to give Kk the money to spend.

Who says he hasn't given him the money to spend?  Have we not had a 7 million bid for Aimar recently?, £16 million for Modric, £9 million for Woodgate and of course whatever its cost us to sign Guthrie and Jonas as well as numerous other unconfirmed bids for players.

This may be a case of we will offer 9mill even though the club asked for 15mill, we can look like we are making bids when we know fine well our offer will not be accepted. Making bids is not spending money, signing players thats spending the dosh. Yeah okay we should not be held to ransom by other clubs over players just because we have lots of cash, but on the other hand we need players and if you want a player a club wats to keep then they have the final say.

Oh common lets not get silly with this pretendy bid conspiracy theory..  Our bids for Woodgate, Modric and Aimar were accepted and while others weren't they were all genuine bids, there's no point in making them otherwise.

BTW my point is spending money and making money available are too very different things.  Money being made available does not equal all that money being spent unless you go out and blow it for no reason other then to prove its there.. which is completely pointless.

The fact is we are desperate for players and we are DESPERATE  can be called nothing else, if we go into the season with the squad we have now we are in big trouble and the January transfer window will come to late. I am not saying its easy to sign players, even with an offer being accepted I know its tough but it does not change the fact that there is a definite lack of players coming in.

Players like Arshevin and Turan are two players we should have had deals done for before the Euro's but we pissed about and now we have no hope of getting them,  its that kind of lack luster action thats fks me off the most.

You talk like you know that Keegan was like I want these two players. These people are not idiots. They knew the players price would go up after the Euros. I mean thats just obvious. Either the clubs they were at did not want to sell before the Euros or Newcastle never actually wanted them and it was just press speculation. Every window we are linked to hundreds of players we never sign. From johnny evans to gudjohnsen to rhonaldinho last summer to henry. Its all made up to sell papers.

Guest Flair

I think its a case of both players not wanting to come here and Ashley not being willing to blow fortunes on a player, if we do not meet the fee wanted by a club then thats that, if a player does not want to come here then that is also that.

All that though will not stop Keegan feeling like he is not being backed by the board, all this about 80 to 100 mill being spent blah blah blah, its not looking good mind we have a very very poor thing squad and if he wants us to win things then he HAS to give Kk the money to spend.

Who says he hasn't given him the money to spend?  Have we not had a 7 million bid for Aimar recently?, £16 million for Modric, £9 million for Woodgate and of course whatever its cost us to sign Guthrie and Jonas as well as numerous other unconfirmed bids for players.

This may be a case of we will offer 9mill even though the club asked for 15mill, we can look like we are making bids when we know fine well our offer will not be accepted. Making bids is not spending money, signing players thats spending the dosh. Yeah okay we should not be held to ransom by other clubs over players just because we have lots of cash, but on the other hand we need players and if you want a player a club wats to keep then they have the final say.

Oh common lets not get silly with this pretendy bid conspiracy theory..  Our bids for Woodgate, Modric and Aimar were accepted and while others weren't they were all genuine bids, there's no point in making them otherwise.

BTW my point is spending money and making money available are too very different things.  Money being made available does not equal all that money being spent unless you go out and blow it for no reason other then to prove its there.. which is completely pointless.

The fact is we are desperate for players and we are DESPERATE  can be called nothing else, if we go into the season with the squad we have now we are in big trouble and the January transfer window will come to late. I am not saying its easy to sign players, even with an offer being accepted I know its tough but it does not change the fact that there is a definite lack of players coming in.

Players like Arshevin and Turan are two players we should have had deals done for before the Euro's but we pissed about and now we have no hope of getting them,  its that kind of lack luster action thats fks me off the most.

You talk like you know that Keegan was like I want these two players. These people are not idiots. They knew the players price would go up after the Euros. I mean thats just obvious. Either the clubs they were at did not want to sell before the Euros or Newcastle never actually wanted them and it was just press speculation. Every window we are linked to hundreds of players we never sign. From johnny evans to gudjohnsen to rhonaldinho last summer to henry. Its all made up to sell papers.

Yeah what has happened to Arda Turan?

Guest MaetihS

i am still here cos have not been proven wrong yet on my predictions. :)

On a serious note, i fear for us this season. To lose to Doncaster (yes friendly only) but on such poor performance is really worrying. hearing kk's comments seem to indicate he is happy with our midfield is even more worrying....our strikers are ok if fit but still need another striker. Martins, Owen and a fit Viduka are good players but they need a class midfield to support them....last season watching the strikers remind  me of an old shearer feeding on scraps cos our midfield are just not good enough. really, our midfield is one that i would associate with our sad neighbours...over the hill players, overrated players, inconsistent players and basically very mediorce. just hope the likes of duff, Zoggy, Danny, Milner, Spidey can really perform above their capability when the season starts or we will be in for another depressing season.

Guest Flair

On a serious note, i fear for us this season. To lose to Doncaster (yes friendly only) but on such poor performance is really worrying. hearing kk's comments seem to indicate he is happy with our midfield is even more worrying....our strikers are ok if fit but still need another striker. Martins, Owen and a fit Viduka are good players but they need a class midfield to support them....last season watching the strikers remind  me of an old shearer feeding on scraps cos our midfield are just not good enough. really, our midfield is one that i would associate with our sad neighbours...over the hill players, overrated players, inconsistent players and basically very mediorce. just hope the likes of duff, Zoggy, Danny, Milner, Spidey can really perform above their capability when the season starts or we will be in for another depressing season.

:clap: MaetihS talking sense, I told you the guy talks sense at times.

Fucking spot on son

just ban the fucker

He's only voicing his opinion. He provides good comedy and sometimes talks sense.

No he doesn't.

:lol: Surprised that was the only part you underlined tbh.

He has said one or two things that have been said elsewhere to be fair, it's just that he dresses absolutely everything in as pessimistic, dull and depressing a tone as possible that winds so many people up.

Guest ObaStar

You do realize that Keegan was a much better player than Keane was right? European Footballer of the Year.

:clap: MaetihS talking sense, I told you the guy talks sense at ALL times.

:rolleyes:

Fixed

More on the Burdisso link.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul27j.html

Newcastle United are challenging Fiorentina for Nicolas Andre Burdisso, but the defender insists he doesn’t want to leave Inter.

The Argentine has been on Cesare Prandelli’s wish-list for several weeks and so far their £4m offers have been rejected.

However, 27-year-old Burdisso is on the market for the right price and Newcastle are preparing a swoop.

According to the Sunday Star, the Magpies are ready to bid up to £6m to snap up the player for this season.

“I have no intention of leaving Inter,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport. “I’m staying right here.”

Burdisso can play as a left-back, central defender or in a more advanced holding midfield role.

He is most famous for a six-match ban after the Mestalla brawl that saw his nose broken by a punch from Valencia’s David Navarro.

Doesn't sound likely to happen.