Coloccini Poll

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£12 million is what you would expect to pay for Coloccini 4 or 5 years ago when he was at his best competing against the best in the Champions League; he has been part of a relatively poor Depor side for a good number of years now that concedes a lot of goals.

For me Carlos Cueller would be a better and cheaper option.

One caveat, btw, is that I'm not entirely sure he's the superman some are making him out to be.

I don't think anyone (apart from a few barmpots) is expecting him to be the one.

But he's head and shoulders better than what we have back there.  :thup:

One caveat, btw, is that I'm not entirely sure he's the superman some are making him out to be.

I don't think anyone (apart from a few barmpots) is expecting him to be the one.

is he head and shoulders above anything else we can get for the original starting price.

ie as someone mentioned above, i'd like to see us test rengers with a bid for cuellar who i was very imprerssed with on their uefa run last season.

£12 million is what you would expect to pay for Coloccini 4 or 5 years ago when he was at his best competing against the best in the Champions League; he has been part of a relatively poor Depor side for a good number of years now that concedes a lot of goals.

For me Carlos Cueller would be a better and cheaper option.

I read on that Depor forum that he'd been average when he went there and has got better and better since, rather than worse.

is he head and shoulders above anything else we can get for the original starting price.

ie as someone mentioned above, i'd like to see us test rengers with a bid for cuellar who i was very imprerssed with on their uefa run last season.

I've got no idea mate! I've got no idea how much Rangers would want for Cuellar. £7m? £10m? Who knows?

I'm assuming Keegan has asked about several CB's and has picked Coloccini as the best one to go for. If he's Keegan's no.1 choice then we should do our utmost to get him. IMO obviously.  :thup:

Is he really worth 10m+ though ?

I'm worried that we might blow all our money on him and be scraping to come up with funds for others

Yes he is plus if we are in for him KK has already said he wants more players

They have to walk away esp when we are dealing with this club who screwed us over with the Luque deal by always upping the price  & even Shepherd had realised he got fleeced over that deal & said he would never deal with them again.

They have to walk away esp when we are dealing with this club who screwed us over with the Luque deal by always upping the price  & even Shepherd had realised he got fleeced over that deal & said he would never deal with them again.

We paid less for Luque than what both Barca and Real Madrid offered for him, so wouldn't read too much into that.

I'm worried that we might blow all our money on him and be scraping to come up with funds for others

That's it really, it all depends on what the budget is. We still need to invest heavily in the midfield.

Aye, like when we splurged £15m on Martins and Duff and then ushered the bargain basement aquistions of Rossi, Sibierski and Bernard through the backdoor at the last minute.

We paid less for Luque than what both Barca and Real Madrid offered for him, so wouldn't read too much into that.

When did the put bids in for him? THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION :thup:

When did the put bids in for him? THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION :thup:

Depo OFFERED Luque to us because they didn't want him go to either of the two big clubs in Spain. Wish I could post some proof of that, but you'll just have to trust me.

Mike Ashley would not take kindly to being fukd about like this. He is an impulsive kind of guy and i think he would simply say fuk it!

Letting his ego override the needs of the 1st team/club. If so that closely mirrors Souness' ego driven trait, and therefore he can bugger off as well.