Coloccini Poll

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not voting either way, I think we should just hang in there for a few weeks, and watch the situation unfold.

a few weeks? mate it's August tomorrow

Better to wait a few weeks to get the right player and save a few million than getting a worser player or spending money unnecessarily.

i'd agree with you, but defenders like Coloccini generally grow on trees that want to be nowhere near 12th placed clubs. I'm convinced that we cannot do better than him.

Agreed.

Good poll, I was thinking this myself. 

I think we should pay the extra.  It is wrong of them to hike the original asking price, but we need a quality centre back and he is one.

I'm not voting either way, I think we should just hang in there for a few weeks, and watch the situation unfold.

a few weeks? mate it's August tomorrow

Better to wait a few weeks to get the right player and save a few million than getting a worser player or spending money unnecessarily.

i'd agree with you, but defenders like Coloccini generally grow on trees that want to be nowhere near 12th placed clubs. I'm convinced that we cannot do better than him.

Agreed.

thirded

Guest sicko2ndbest

On the back of James comments i have added a 3rd option as i think it is a valid option.

Sorry for the skewed results

If he signs for someone else it won't be because they are offering more money. If Spurs come in they will match our bid at best. At the moment we have put in the highest bid so what is the point in offering more , other than look like desperate tits/West Ham? (Delete as appropriate).

if he was english the 'white president' would be asking for £15M

pay the extra

That's not the point, though, is it?

Will be criminal if we let him get away over a couple of million when we have a billionaire owner.

There is almost an attitude that Ashley's own money is the clubs money.

Fact is that Ashley doesn't really have cash in his pockets and under his mattresses to throw around at a whim. The majority of his £1.4bn is tied up in his own businesses. Shinawatra and Gaydamak probably have more money available to invest in their clubs right now.

I'm not saying he should go throwing it around. But if he isn't willing to spend around £2 million extra to get our first choice target (IF Coloccini is that) then he really has no business running a football club. While it is about trying to run a more effecient business and have a smarter transfer policy we shouldn't be pinching pennies over important deals such as this one. While I am in favour of letting this play out and negotiating, if in a week or so we find out the deal is completely off I will be very dissapionted.

Guest Stephen927

I'd say he's worth the extra money easily. Yes their chairman is taking the piss, but so did Ashley with his valuation of Dyer after a fee had been agreed.

Agree with Ronaldos post, I can't see us doin better.

I'd love to see us get in a tough, experienced CB, but I voted walk away. If Deportivo have upped the price after we'd already agreed a fee, then there's no saying that they won't do it again. You've got to draw the line somewhere.

Besides, it's always possible that when Deportivo realise we mean business, they'll relent.

Pay the money sign the players!! its easy to do so why can we not just f***ing do it?

Maybe we should put Skirge in charge of doing all of our fkn transfers...  :shifty:

Yes I can see it now..

Skirge: What is it you want? ££10m? I'll give you £12m!  You've changed your mind and you want £15m now? Ok but only if you agree to take a £2m golden handshake for Luque. It's a deal!! :frantic:

Guest Phil K

Shepherd allowed this prick to do the same over Luque and look how that panned out.

Tell him to F*** off and go elsewhere.

The problem for me here is the date, it's July 31 and to be frank we are bloody desperate. I would love us to be in a position to be able to walk away from this and tell the depor president to go fuck himself. But we desperately need a true quality centre back and we need him now, so tell them we'll give them the extra but make sure the whole footballing world knows about the way they do business. There will be a time when they need a favour from us, let's just remember this incident.

Shepherd allowed this prick to do the same over Luque and look how that panned out.

Tell him to F*** off and go elsewhere.

Well obviously if Luque didn't work out then Coloccini must be shite. Same club = Same outcome.

QED.  :thup: