Coloccini Poll

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest johnson293

Dont think from a purely 'lets just get the player in' perspective. Weigh up all options

I hope the club didn't just confirm the other option last night!

I think we should go that bit further with the bid, okay it will be said we caved into the ransom demand, but IMO he is a significant improvement on our current defenders so it would be worth the extra IMO. Prices this window are so inflated that our bid would not be out of place.

Keane for 20mill plus, Bently 17mill, Elamander 11mill, Johnson 11million the prices are daft but thats the environment that we are in at the moment!

F**k being held to ransom!! It's like we think we're special or privileged and should be able to pay the year 2000's fees for the 2008 market's players!!

Everyone has to pay the going price for players, or they get nobody (of note). We need to pull our fingers out and pay money for players!!

The New Board are Beginning to F*** me OFF!! :angry:

Voted walk away based on the time line put forward (bid accepted, terms accepted, asking price increased).

Its all right saying but its only £1m, but as it has been played out in the press via his agent every club will think they can do the same. Lets say we are trying to buy a further 5 players, an extra half million here, million there soon adds up to either:

An additional transfer fee

Room to manouver on wages.

F**k being held to ransom!! It's like we think we're special or privileged and should be able to pay the year 2000's fees for the 2008 market's players!!

Everyone has to pay the going price for players, or they get nobody (of note). We need to pull our fingers out and pay money for players!!

Yeah, but when we're told one fee, offer it, and then get told well actually it's an extra €2m for you lot, you can see why the board would be a bit annoyed. I think they'll do it in the end.

Normally I'd say pay the man, but we have met the price & their President is trying to take the piss. The player has accepted the terms so no problem with him.

Hang tough & if Spurs or anyone else get him so be it.

Guest johnson293

Yeah, but when we're told one fee, offer it, and then get told well actually it's an extra 2m for you lot, you can see why the board would be a bit annoyed. I think they'll do it in the end.

Could be (and may have been) argued we did the same with Dyer last summer.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Voted walk away based on the time line put forward (bid accepted, terms accepted, asking price increased).

Its all right saying but its only £1m, but as it has been played out in the press via his agent every club will think they can do the same. Lets say we are trying to buy a further 5 players, an extra half million here, million there soon adds up to either:

Good post

My heart says walk away, my head says we need him so pay the extra

I can see what people are saying with the walk away, it is a bad way to conduct business by Depor, but if this was any old player say Senderous or Anton Ferdinand for example it wouldn't matter too much to lose out on them as they are unlikely to improve too much on what we have. But in Collicinni's case he SHOULD be a massive improvement on what we have got at the club so it is worth paying that little bit more.

Cracking post and very good points.

Guest alijmitchell

Pay the extra.

We payed 3 million or whatever has been mooted for Guthrie, but even though he's no star, thats ok, its not money not spunked away (becasue he's a useful squad player).

Why then can we not pull a little more cash out for someone who is actually going to improve the team significantly? We need the players, we have the agreement with the player, lets spend our money on some quality.

Pay the extra we are desperate and he is top class

He's not the only one, we should look elsewhere there are plenty of good centrebacks out there.  To have wasted this much time on a transfer target annoys me but surely there are other irons in the fire.  We've been working on this deal for 3 months and it won't be the only deal we've got on the go.

Pay the extra we are desperate and he is top class

He's not the only one, we should look elsewhere there are plenty of good centrebacks out there.  To have wasted this much time on a transfer target annoys me but surely there are other irons in the fire.  We've been working on this deal for 3 months and it won't be the only deal we've got on the go.

you'd have to hope so, but this window we've moved with all the speed of a 3 legged tortoise in tar

*squeaky bum time*

Guest goal!

Fuck their cunt of a chairman, if we let him do this every other club we sign players from will probably do the same.

This would be a disappointment for sure but i'd hope the bnard would have other options for if this fell through.

I'd absolutely love it if we tell them to fuck off then collo turns round and says "i want to stay" which he does, then at the end of the season buys out his contract with them (webster style) for a pittance giving the chairman a double fingered solute! Then signs for us for practically free :-)

This chairman from depor really is a piece of shit

Guest sicko2ndbest

Mike Ashley would not take kindly to being fukd about like this. He is an impulsive kind of guy and i think he would simply say fuk it!

f*** their c*** of a chairman, if we let him do this every other club we sign players from will probably do the same.

This would be a disappointment for sure but i'd hope the bnard would have other options for if this fell through.

I'd absolutely love it if we tell them to f*** off then collo turns round and says "i want to stay" which he does, then at the end of the season buys out his contract with them (webster style) for a pittance giving the chairman a double fingered solute! Then signs for us for practically free :-)

This chairman from depor really is a piece of s***

at the end of the season yeah, fuck it, we dont need him right now or anything, we have Edgar incase owt happens

Guest sicko2ndbest

If he left on a webster, no way in the world would we get him, he would go to a champions league club for sure.

Mike Ashley would not take kindly to being fukd about like this. He is an impulsive kind of guy and i think he would simply say fuk it!

Then he's not suited to being a football owner.

Partly true. It also means he could one day turn around and say fuck it, I want to win the Champions League in 2 years, splashing out on all sorts of galacticos