New signing in <24 hours? No; 'over the weekend'

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'll tell you what would be great:

www.nufc.co.uk

Live Match Centre: Keegan names new players in Magpies lineup

(Ah it'll be Bassong and Gutierrez)

Argentian Jonas Gutierrez (told you so) will start alongside compatriot Fabriccio Coloccini (OMG!!!!!!!!!!1111one!!).............

if Keegan was talking last night,then the 24hrs will be nearly up.

might announce it as the team for tonights game gets announced. straight into the team....

very much doubt any form of registraion would be through not to mention a medical.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1040640/Newcastle-told-hurry-bid-Deportivo-defender-Coloccini.html?ITO=1490

Newcastle officials are working furiously to push through the signing of  Argentinian defender Fabricio Coloccini.

Deportivo la Coruna president Augusto Lendoiro had warned Newcastle that the deal would be postponed if it was not concluded quickly.

The two parties were  £1.4 million apart in their valuation of the 26-year-old centre-half but a compromise is believed to have been drawn up.

The package put together by Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez involved a £8.8 million down payment plus potential add-ons of £800,000.

Coloccini

That was short of Deportivo’s asking price but the parties were attempting to negotiate a settlement with Coloccini still desperate to move to St James’ Park.

'We've brought in a couple of players, and I hope to have another one in,' said Kevin Keegan.

Keegan also paid tribute to Obafemi Martins, who has returned to the Newcastle squad sooner than expected after the death of his mother.

'His attitude has been absolutely fantastic,' he said. 'He's trained very, very hard, and he's been very focused.

'Obviously, his training was interrupted by the tragic death of his mother, but he came back quickly, and went straight into training again.

'I'm delighted with all the players, but not least players who could maybe cut  corners, and haven't.'

Guest neesy111

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1040640/Newcastle-told-hurry-bid-Deportivo-defender-Coloccini.html?ITO=1490

Newcastle officials are working furiously to push through the signing of  Argentinian defender Fabricio Coloccini.

Deportivo la Coruna president Augusto Lendoiro had warned Newcastle that the deal would be postponed if it was not concluded quickly.

The two parties were  £1.4 million apart in their valuation of the 26-year-old centre-half but a compromise is believed to have been drawn up.

The package put together by Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez involved a £8.8 million down payment plus potential add-ons of £800,000.

Coloccini

That was short of Deportivo’s asking price but the parties were attempting to negotiate a settlement with Coloccini still desperate to move to St James’ Park.

'We've brought in a couple of players, and I hope to have another one in,' said Kevin Keegan.

Keegan also paid tribute to Obafemi Martins, who has returned to the Newcastle squad sooner than expected after the death of his mother.

'His attitude has been absolutely fantastic,' he said. 'He's trained very, very hard, and he's been very focused.

'Obviously, his training was interrupted by the tragic death of his mother, but he came back quickly, and went straight into training again.

'I'm delighted with all the players, but not least players who could maybe cut  corners, and haven't.'

tbf, how would the english press know about something which is happening in spain

might announce it as the team for tonights game gets announced. straight into the team....

very much doubt any form of registraion would be through not to mention a medical.

Players don't need registration to play in friendlies if the seller lets them play.

Would be legendary though (but awful) Coloccini plays, gets injured for season, we cancel transfer.

Players don't need registration to play in friendlies if the seller lets them play.

Would be legendary though (but awful) Coloccini plays, gets injured for season, we cancel transfer.

i pointed out earlier that jonas should be playing tonight under such an arrangement, but i think 2 hours wouldn't even get his name to the ref.

I'll tell you what would be great:

www.nufc.co.uk

Live Match Centre: Keegan names new players in Magpies lineup

(Ah it'll be Bassong and Gutierrez)

Argentian Jonas Gutierrez (told you so) will start alongside compatriot Fabriccio Coloccini (OMG!!!!!!!!!!1111one!!).............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQqhH2DGQsw

:lol:

Wullie, I am adding you to my list of enemies.

Guest taps01

Its Dirk Kuyt!

After two years Glenn Roeder gave to board a green light to sign the player

And there it is!

random:

But would anyone take Dirk Kuyt? If we were to do the 4-3-3 I think Kuyt and Martins with Owen behind them would be excellent.

Personally think he'd be excellent as he works his socks off, can hold the ball up and is pretty good in the air...

random:

But would anyone take Dirk Kuyt? If we were to do the 4-3-3 I think Kuyt and Martins with Owen behind them would be excellent.

Personally think he'd be excellent as he works his socks off, can hold the ball up and is pretty good in the air...

yes but for no more than £8mill

So i take thats a no Coco? Care to explain why?

I guess I'm just scared to peices when I think we only have MOwen and Oba up top. I don't consider Shola & Smudge strikers at all...Viduka will be in out of injury...

Anyone think of any realistic players from the league we could nab and could do a job here? I wonder why we haven't tried to put in a cheeky bid for one of Chelski's 400 strikers...

I guess I'm just scared to peices when I think we only have MOwen and Oba up top. I don't consider Shola & Smudge strikers at all...Viduka will be in out of injury...

Anyone think of any realistic players from the league we could nab and could do a job here? I wonder why we haven't tried to put in a cheeky bid for one of Chelski's 400 strikers...

Regardless of whether I would or wouldn't take him ( I would, in a heartbeat btw ),  just because Liverpool bought Keane, doesn't mean he'd be available. He's very much a fans favourite at Anfield because of his gutsy performances and hence the  :rolleyes:

As for who we could get in, I think we need to look outside of England. As evidenced by the Bentley deal (among others) prices are drastically inflated within the Premier league. You've got to think of players at other clubs who would a) be available, and b) be reasonable priced. There are a couple of good players in the championship who could be available, but they'd be squad players at best. i.e. Seb Larsson, Kevin Doyle, Giles Barnes, etc. Looking outside England, and for the figures being bandied about, I'd take Zigic for £8m, as he could provide a useful foil for Owen/Martins. Obviously, there are irons in the fire at the minute, and I'm hopeful we can get in enough to flesh out the squad with quality...

Regardless of whether I would or wouldn't take him ( I would, in a heartbeat btw ),  just because Liverpool bought Keane, doesn't mean he'd be available. He's very much a fans favourite at Anfield because of his gutsy performances and hence the  :rolleyes:

As for who we could get in, I think we need to look outside of England. As evidenced by the Bentley deal (among others) prices are drastically inflated within the Premier league. You've got to think of players at other clubs who would a) be available, and b) be reasonable priced. There are a couple of good players in the championship who could be available, but they'd be squad players at best. i.e. Seb Larsson, Kevin Doyle, Giles Barnes, etc. Looking outside England, and for the figures being bandied about, I'd take Zigic for £8m, as he could provide a useful foil for Owen/Martins. Obviously, there are irons in the fire at the minute, and I'm hopeful we can get in enough to flesh out the squad with quality...

dunno..how much did liverpool buy him for ? and his stock has gone back since then.

well, to conclude all of this, as it looks as if the Coloccini deal will be completed, but hasn't officially, and nowt else has been in the pipeline, I would like to sum up by saying,

Keegan, learn to grasp the concept of time.

meaning ?

well, to conclude all of this, as it looks as if the Coloccini deal will be completed, but hasn't officially, and nowt else has been in the pipeline, I would like to sum up by saying,

Ashley, Wise, Vetere and Jimenez obviously let him down badly and there are dangerous factions within the club.

Ashley, Wise, Vetere and Jimenez obviously let him down badly and there are dangerous factions within the club.

Everything's on course to go tits up in spectacular fashion and the media are all circling like vultures overhead, waiting for the inevitable fireworks when it does.

Everything's on course to go tits up in spectacular fashion and the media are all circling like vultures overhead, waiting for the inevitable fireworks when it does.

GM...i think dave was taking the piss

(weren't you ?)