New signing in <24 hours? No; 'over the weekend'

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

well, to conclude all of this, as it looks as if the Coloccini deal will be completed, but hasn't officially, and nowt else has been in the pipeline, I would like to sum up by saying,

Keegan, learn to grasp the concept of time.

meaning ?

it took a bit more than 24 hours.  f***ing liability, Keegan.

:pow:

well, to conclude all of this, as it looks as if the Coloccini deal will be completed, but hasn't officially, and nowt else has been in the pipeline, I would like to sum up by saying,

Keegan, learn to grasp the concept of time.

Ashley, Wise, Vetere and Jimenez obviously let him down badly and there are dangerous factions within the club.

Everything's on course to go tits up in spectacular fashion and the media are all circling like vultures overhead, waiting for the inevitable fireworks when it does.

GM...i think dave was taking the piss

(weren't you ?)

I knew what Dave was doing. I followed suit. I can confirm I was being satirical.

But I'm simultaneously aware of the fact that many a true word is spoken in jest.

:pow:

So if this Coloccini deal gets done, considering the press were all over this signing for days before it happened, does this mean no compliments go out to our technical team (or does it simply mean you can't keep high profile transfer business quiet as opposed to lower profile transfers and compliments should go to the technical players if they get the right profile of player in regardless of the way they do it..)?

So if this Coloccini deal gets done, considering the press were all over this signing for days before it happened, does this mean no compliments go out to our technical team (or does it simply mean you can't keep high profile transfer business quiet as opposed to lower profile transfers and compliments should go to the technical players if they get the right profile of player in regardless of the way they do it..)?

What?

If they get in a good player - well done.

If they manage to keep it quiet - even more well done.

Compliments should go to the technical team for not getting into the war between his agent and Depor.

The press only got a whiff of it because the agent came out publicly to force Depor's hand by telling the story of how they'd attempted to fudge the deal.

If the player is a success then they deserve all the credit in the world, just like anyone else would receive.

Quite excited by this, to be honest. Lot of pressure for the lad to live up to like, if it happens.

We couldn't force people to keep quiet so were never going to keep every deal out of the media.

If he is as good as some people are saying (and I am very excited by the comments made by Depor fans and their manager) then the club does deserve compliments.

bearing in mind pompey were turned down with an £8million bid for jonas would that make his signing "high profile" or is it purely the money factor which makes it high profile ?

What?

If they get in a good player but can't keep it quiet > if they get in an unknown or average player and can keep it quiet surely?

The press only got a whiff of it because the agent came out publicly to force Depor's hand by telling the story of how they'd attempted to fudge the deal.

If the player is a success then they deserve all the credit in the world, just like anyone else would receive.

Quite excited by this, to be honest. Lot of pressure for the lad to live up to like, if it happens.

Which is exactly what I was saying when people were giving the technical team credit when they signed lesser profile players on the quiet and got complimented for it..

What?

If they get in a good player but can't keep it quiet > if they get in an unknown or average player and can keep it quiet surely?

I'd prefer they kept all our deals under wraps until they happen, whoever the player is.

Looks to me like you're just fishing here.

bearing in mind pompey were turned down with an £8million bid for jonas would that make his signing "high profile" or is it purely the money factor which makes it high profile ?

Jonas high profile? You're having a laugh. Most people on here didn't even know who he was..

Jonas high profile? You're having a laugh. Most people on here didn't even know who he was..

quite a few didn't know who coloccini was.........hardly any knew who arshavin or turan was till 3 month ago

What?

I'd prefer they kept all our deals under wraps until they happen, whoever the player is.

Looks to me like he's saying Collocini is a good player because the press were all over it whereas Guiterrez is shite because it was all quiet.  :undecided:

I will be f***ing distraught if Stoke City sign Zigic for £8million when he could have been ours.

GM is just desperate for someone to look up to

His height would be handy to have up front next to Micky or Oba, tbh.

What?

Well, you're the one who started this thread at the time: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=54171.0

And yes, I am just pulling your leg.. ;)

Anyway, good signing. More of it please.

I'm loving this by the way. No sooner should Kingdawson mention it, than it seems we're doing an amazing double swoop for - wait for it - wait for it...

Goran Pandev from Lazio

Angelo Palombo from Sampdoria

:lol:

No, not really, sorry...