RCD Mallorca 1 - 0 Newcastle - 03/08/08 - post match reaction from page 16

Dave

Guest BooBoo

Astonishingly insipid performance. I really cant imagine us being asked back next year after such dross. Frightening to think what the season will bring with such garbage on board. Bring on the super rich Indian!

I said I wouldn't be surprised. FFS his old man refered to him as a "future England star"

Did your dad tell you you were s*** at everything? 

If I was negotiating a contract I don't think my opening line would be "He's an OK centre half but he doesn't half drop some bollocks"

the pair of them are on dreamstreet and have been for some time. Strutting around the pitch pushing his chest out trying to fool people into thinking he's a dominant centre half. Doing his own personal laps of honor. Then blaming a 19 year old lad for his own cock-up!! If that isn't an ego then what is?

You're avoiding the issue somewhat here. You honestly dont believe it's possible that Taylor thinks he's worth 60K?

and my dad certaintly wouldn't be telling the world I was a future England star if I'd recently been outdone by DJ Campbell

To claim Taylor and Milner are championship players is just stupid. If we were to sell them tomorrow I am certain premiership clubs would be interested and we would get a fair amount for both.

I'm worn out. Maybe I shouldn't have posted so soon after the game, but I am just tired off watching the two of them.

They say Milner stays behind at practice everyday and his crossing is at the best exactly the same. In actuality it is worse. Taylor makes all the gestures, yells at people, acts like he cares, but he doesn't actually defend well at all, which is what he is expected to do.

I just don't enjoy watching these guys play the game. Newcastle is too big for these guys. They shouldn't be anywhere near the first team of the club, and hopefully if recrutiment goes well this will be the case. 

To claim Taylor and Milner are championship players is just stupid. If we were to sell them tomorrow I am certain premiership clubs would be interested and we would get a fair amount for both.

of course they would be

the rest of the bastarding country thinks Milner and Taylor (young, english, established) are promising player. I wonder if you listed Taylor's mistakes last season or Milner's lack of basically anything involving attacking football and maybe they'd revise their opinions.

I'm worn out. Maybe I shouldn't have posted so soon after the game, but I am just tired off watching the two of them.

They say Milner stays behind at practice everyday and his crossing is at the best exactly the same. In actuality it is worse. Taylor makes all the gestures, yells at people, acts like he cares, but he doesn't actually defend well at all, which is what he is expected to do.

I just don't enjoy watching these guys play the game. Newcastle is too big for these guys. They shouldn't be anywhere near the first team of the club, and hopefully if recrutiment goes well this will be the case. 

Unfortunately, at the moment, they are good enough to play for the first team.

I said I wouldn't be surprised. FFS his old man refered to him as a "future England star"

If I was negotiating a contract I don't think my opening line would be "He's an OK centre half but he doesn't half drop some bollocks"

the pair of them are on dreamstreet and have been for some time. Strutting around the pitch pushing his chest out trying to fool people into thinking he's a dominant centre half. Doing his own personal laps of honor. Then blaming a 19 year old lad for his own cock-up!! If that isn't an ego then what is?

You're avoiding the issue somewhat here. You honestly dont believe it's possible that Taylor thinks he's worth 60K?

and my dad certaintly wouldn't be telling the world I was a future England star if I'd recently been outdone by DJ Campbell

No I don't & your first paragraph is fucking pathetic.  Come back when you've been to some European away games & not even been acknowledged by the players for being there.  Personal lap of honour? Fucking hell mate, thats pathetic.

No I don't & your first paragraph is f***ing pathetic.  Come back when you've been to some European away games & not even been acknowledged by the players for being there.  Personal lap of honour? f***ing hell mate, thats pathetic.

I've been to plenty thanks, dont even go there. I dont wanna be acknowledged with empty gestures

the guy's living in a fucking fantasy world man, thinking he's the big shot in our team

No I don't & your first paragraph is f***ing pathetic.  Come back when you've been to some European away games & not even been acknowledged by the players for being there.  Personal lap of honour? f***ing hell mate, thats pathetic.

I've been to plenty thanks, dont even go there. I dont wanna be acknowledged with empty gestures

the guy's living in a fucking fantasy world man, thinking he's the big shot in our team

mackems.gif

thought Enrique was brilliant first half! Nowt goes past him and he's a strong fkr too

Bassong and Edgar were impressive (relatively)

Smith smith smith smith smith!!!!!! doesn't the manager see that he contributes absolutely nothing??? does the manager notice that he hardly is ever in a position to take a shot or try to convert a chance??? what the fuck does he do in training to justify his selection even for a pre-season friendly?

Guest Moneytalks

thought Enrique was brilliant first half! Nowt goes past him and he's a strong fkr too

Smith smith smith smith smith!!!!!! doesn't the manager see that he contributes absolutely nothing??? does the manager notice that he hardly is ever in a position to take a shot or try to convert a chance??? what the f*** does he do in training to justify his selection even for a pre-season friendly?

I believe that would be called not being injured...  :undecided:

Guest Heneage

I was talking to Taylors name dropping mate at the ground like a season and a half  ago waiting for my boss.

Chelsea

Spuds

Pool all made enquiries, would only goto Spurs at the time but was a while ago so.

Smith smith smith smith smith!!!!!! doesn't the manager see that he contributes absolutely nothing??? does the manager notice that he hardly is ever in a position to take a shot or try to convert a chance??? what the f*** does he do in training to justify his selection even for a pre-season friendly?

No offence mate but Edgar was dreadful last night. Couldn't do anything right, his passing was awful and he just looked lost for most of the game. To be honest from that display I'd rather have Ramage there.

Guest neesy111

things will improve on wednesday and saturday.  we will have 7-8 first team players in the team, that will make a whole difference

that was basically a reserve side, minus enrique & guthrie

No offence mate but Edgar was dreadful last night. Couldn't do anything right, his passing was awful and he just looked lost for most of the game. To be honest from that display I'd rather have Ramage there.

Edgar had 2 crosses that were better than anything Milner managed. I thought he had an ok game.

Edgar had 2 crosses that were better than anything Milner managed. I thought he had an ok game.

Edgar is poor especially defensively, but don't mention it on here, its not allowed.

Guest optimistic nit

as i said in the other thread i thought edgar did pretty well compared to what i´ve seen of him before, he still wasnt that solid, and he had an annoying habit of booting the ball to nowhere, but when he did pass it, he passed it well, and i thought during the first 10 minutes i saw of the game (25-35) he did quite good in mallorcas half, including 1 cross that any decent goalscorer would have buried.

the best ive seen of him so far imo, but he was still average.

taylor wasn´t as bad as people are making out either imo, although i did miss the first 25 minutes, including the goal, i saw a replay though, and it did look pretty shocking. Bassong looked pretty good though.

this was the first time ive seen guthrie play, didn´t really see him do anything of note at all, apart from lose the ball once, so i dont think he had that good a game, but i dont doubt he has played better for us.

milner bad, geremi bad, enrique average, cacapa average, smith fuck off.

i did freqently start drifting off and daydreaming during the game though, so my ratings may not be too accurate.

At least in the Mallorca/Hertha friendlies we've been able to keep possession and pass the ball well, the Hertha game in particular we dominated most of the play and were a bit unlucky to lose. Granted it all went to shit in the final third but that lack of creativity was mostly down to Smith and Ameobi being completely static - with the movement and pace that Owen and Martins will bring back into the team I think Guthrie and the like will be able to be much more inventive in their passing as they'll actually have some darting runs and more valid options ahead of them. Here's hoping for PSV and Valencia we give their defences a real hammering with Owen, Martins, Beye etc back in the frame and see a couple of goals.

The 3 new signings all look quite promising as well and great value for money too and I'm dead excited for who else Keegan brings in.