It's Sunday, it's half twelve, it's number one... it's ASHLEY TO SELL UP!

Wullie

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Reliance Communications, India's No. 2 mobile operator, on Monday denied reports that it was in talks with English Premier League football club Newcastle United.

Media reports in the U.K. said the club's owner Mike Ashley was in talks with Reliance Communications Chairman Anil Ambani about a 260 million-pound takeover by the Indian billionaire.

"The news report is completely false and baseless. There are no such plans," Reliance Communications said in a statement.

Ashley, also a billionaire, controls about 70 percent of Britain's biggest sporting goods retailer Sports Direct.

(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Ed Osmond)

bluelaugh.gif

I wonder how the press get out of that one, it should be interesting which is more than can be said for the original bull shit.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1510449.ece

Ambani rejects Newcastle talks

INDIAN billionaire Anil Ambani has denied he is on the brink of buying Newcastle.

The sixth richest man in the world was understood to have given Toon owner Mike Ashley a one-week deadline to accept a £260million offer.

But Ambani, who owns India's huge mobile operator Reliance Communications, insists he is not in talks with the Tyneside club.

A company statement read: “There are no such plans."

The Sun had reported the story as though it had any factual basis whatsoever.

If the NOTW and Rob Shepherd had any credibility left it's all disappeared by now surely. The fact Shepherd was talking on the radio saying how well he'd researched this piece of shite just lets us all know what these newspapers are really like. (He's no relation to FFS is he?)

Now they'll pin all the blame on Ashley saying he moved too slowly on the deal or something. They really hate him eh, and the fact he couldn't give a flying f*** infuriates them even more.

Expect another selling story in around 4 weeks time - that's the pattern. In the Times this time.

Guest neesy111

If the NOTW and Rob Shepherd had any credibility left it's all disappeared by now surely. The fact Shepherd was talking on the radio saying how well he'd researched this piece of shite just lets us all know what these newspapers are really like. (He's no relation to FFS is he?)

Now they'll pin all the blame on Ashley saying he moved too slowly on the deal or something. They really hate him eh, and the fact he couldn't give a flying f*** infuriates them even more.

Expect another selling story in around 4 weeks time - that's the pattern. In the Times this time.

you should remember this is the same rob shepherd that?

confronted shearer after an england game, saying we we're going to sell him to rangers for 10 million

he was forced to give him and the club an apology over this.  Someone is seriously trying to disrupt the club atm

Big Mike : "I'm not looking for a Newcastle shareholder in a cave in Afghanistan. It's not as if I'm going to go and see Bin [Laden] in a cave in Afghanistan. No doubt when I'm in South America next week, it will be Fidel Castro."

Guest johnson293

From BBC....

The Profitable Group denies it is in talks with Newcastle and does not intend to have talks with the Premier League club. (BBC Sport, 1012 BST)

So thats now both groups denying any contact/intentions.

Ah but we can't believe everything we read in the press eh? Obviously MA has mad it clear he wants to sell and will do so at the first available opportunity...

:razz:

Tbh not selling  up shows a lack of ambition by the current board.

You lot won't remember, but back in the Ice Age we had a similar board, wouldn't sell out to the Woolly Mammoth consortium. I was there, I was willing to put in my iron. Did you?

At least Shepherd showed his ambition by holding out for a larger bid, even lying in hospital he was negotiating the top deal for himself.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1510449.ece

Ambani rejects Newcastle talks

INDIAN billionaire Anil Ambani has denied he is on the brink of buying Newcastle.

The sixth richest man in the world was understood to have given Toon owner Mike Ashley a one-week deadline to accept a £260million offer.

But Ambani, who owns India's huge mobile operator Reliance Communications, insists he is not in talks with the Tyneside club.

A company statement read: There are no such plans."

The Sun had reported the story as though it had any factual basis whatsoever.

If there is a Sun lying round at the in-laws tonight (there ususally is) I'll scan the front page of it from today & stick it on here.

Its priceless considering that story above.

Guest johnson293

Its funny that the Sun report claims the guy is allegedly desperate to buy into British Football, but then if he doesn't get us, he'll turn to Leeds Utd!!!  mackems.gif  :cheesy:

With a fortune of 23bn, why would you go for a Premiership club, but have a League 1 club as your fall back option???

Theres surely a few other Premiership clubs he could buy for less than £260m as well!!

UK Journalism at its best, eh??!!  :crazy2:

Guest johnson293

Thomson House not seeing eye to eye again, in their reporting....

This Mornings Journal....

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/breaking-news/2008/08/04/indian-millionaire-denies-newcastle-united-takeover-claim-61634-21461349/

The Journal today reveals that owner Mike Ashley has laughed off the latest in the seemingly never-ending series of stories about his plans to sell Newcastle United by insisting he is determined to stay and have “fun” with the Magpies next season.

“I’m loving it. I’m excited by the new season, of course I am,” he said of his time at Newcastle. “I’m really looking forward to it. I’m excited by Kevin (Keegan, the manager), seeing the team play, all of it. I think we’re going to have a bit of fun.”

This afternoons Chronic....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2008/08/04/newcastle-fans-fed-yet-more-takeover-rumours-72703-21461206/

Recent takeover talks have continued to be privately dismissed by the club, although no official statement was issued in response to this morning’s reports.

Reports of the alleged takeover talks clashed with the current owners excitement for the new season as he joined the team on tour in Spain.

Mr Ashley said: "I’m loving it. I’m excited by the new season, of course I am. I’m really looking forward to it.

"I’m excited by Kevin Keegan, seeing the team play, all of it. I think we’re going to have a bit of fun."

So, The Journal has him laughing it off, while the Chronic appears to be taking the cautious approach.  :rolleyes:

Profitable Group operations director John Nordmann has come out and rejected any takeover claims.

"It is not accurate at all. There is no truth whatsoever with the report. Yes, we are doing some promotional work with Newcastle. But we're not in talks with them about any takeover. People just put two and two together and came up with five."

Guest Sniffer

I'm not sure what Ashley does for fun.

If he called watching this team last season fun, and the friendlies so far fun, then he his definition of fun is a long way from mine.