It's Sunday, it's half twelve, it's number one... it's ASHLEY TO SELL UP!

Wullie

Fuck me, this is like arguing with a brick wall.

What does Frank Gilmour of the Newcastle United Independent Supporters’ Association do in his role as chairman, and how do I contact him?

What does Frank Gilmour of the Newcastle United Independent Supporters’ Association do in his role as chairman, and how do I contact him?

Ask the press, look him up in the phone book.

What does Frank Gilmour of the Newcastle United Independent Supporters? Association do in his role as chairman, and how do I contact him?

He keeps his contact details secret from everyone except the cockney-based media.

Jesus wept lad, can you not just answer a question. Nobody is debating the fact that he gave his opinion. The fact is, he gave his opinion as the chairman of an independent fans association. What does that involve, and how can we find out more about said association. Since you claimed to know what he does and doesn't do...  :rolleyes:

Ask the press, look him up in the phone book.

You KNOW him. Why can't you tell us?

He names himself the spokesperson for a NUFC fan's association. Why can't you tell me what he does in that role?

no, I don't think that is the case at all. Like Mark Jensen, people from the press ring him because they know he's a fan of the club, they have his details and they know he makes himself available for this sort of comment.

A bit like when a couple of people associated with this site were involved in discussions with Mort - but thats different I suppose ?

If you look at his comment, he is saying that he thinks and he's entitled to his opinion, which I agree with as it happens.

Typical of a clown like you to be speaking up for someone who regularly dishes the dirt on the club to the cockney-based media. :lol:

haha, only a clown confuses Keith Gillespie with Rob Lee, Ozzie - not even mentioning this Stephen Spence character.

Gan to bed.

So tell us how we join this great supporters club that is representing our interests. I'd like to vote for a less moronic dirt-disher than this sad "Frank Gilmore" character.

Ozzie lad, I really can't be arsed with you. Frank Gilmour, like me and most other people, would never dish the dirt on the club like you did. Thats my last word on this matter, and also to you.

Night night.

Click me.

Stadium expansion.

Barton.

Bellamy.

Bin Laden.

Profit.

Hedge fund.

Takeover.

Fletcher years.

All from the first three pages. All results are within articles where he is commenting in his role as chairman of this Newcastle United Independent Supporters’ Association. United should do this, United should do that.

No contact details.

Why so secretive?

Its not up to me, you or anyone else, to cast doubt on someone else's quotes. He was asked his opinion, and he gave it . He clearly stated that he was speaking for himself too. The only real problem here, is because you and others don't like it or agree with him, isn't it ?

He was asked his opinion as the chairman of the independant Newcastle United supporters association.  Which means he's not just speaking for himself but for a group of Newcastle United fans.  Problem is there is no f***ing association!

He names himself the spokesperson for a NUFC fan's association. Why can't you tell me what he does in that role?

no, I don't think that is the case at all. Like Mark Jensen, people from the press ring him because they know he's a fan of the club, they have his details and they know he makes himself available for this sort of comment.

A bit like when a couple of people associated with this site were involved in discussions with Mort - but thats different I suppose ?

If you look at his comment, he is saying that he thinks and he's entitled to his opinion, which I agree with as it happens.

Typical of a clown like you to be speaking up for someone who regularly dishes the dirt on the club to the cockney-based media. :lol:

haha, only a clown confuses Keith Gillespie with Rob Lee, Ozzie - not even mentioning this Stephen Spence character.

Gan to bed.

So tell us how we join this great supporters club that is representing our interests. I'd like to vote for a less moronic dirt-disher than this sad "Frank Gilmore" character.

Ozzie lad, I really can't be arsed with you. Frank Gilmour, like me and most other people, would never dish the dirt on the club like you did. Thats my last word on this matter, and also to you.

Night night.

I've been here for years now and I've hardly ever seen you actually debate in a mature fashion with Ozzie. All you do is bring up past events that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic to divert attention from his questions and comments. Sad if you ask me.

Gan to bed.

Night night.

I've been here for years now and I've hardly ever seen you actually debate in a mature fashion with Ozzie. All you do is bring up past events that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic to divert attention from his questions and comments. Sad if you ask me.

I'm not bothered what you think. He's always struck me as a WUM, I thought initially he was a mackem. And when he emailed that london journalist .............. But I'm off now anyway, I've said my piece.

Yawn.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1509015.ece

NEWCASTLE owner Mike Ashley has got one week to decide on his £260million Indian takeaway.

Indian billionaire Anil Ambani, the sixth richest man in the world, wants to buy the Toon and has told Ashley to give him a firm answer by next Monday.

Telecommunications magnate Ambani, 49, has more money than Roman Abramovich after amassing an incredible £21billion fortune and is competing with Singapore-based investors Profitable Group for a slice of the Tyneside action.

He is desperate to break into English football and will turn his attentions to Leeds United if his offer is turned down.

Ambani’s legal representatives will step up their approach this week but have told Ashley they will not be mucked around.

The Sun revealed last month that Ashley had failed to sell the club to InterMedia Sport after the New York-based firm was told it would cost a whopping £420m.

A source close to the deal said last night: “Ambani’s people have seen how Ashley dealt with the last round of takeover revelations and will not stand for any nonsense.

“Ambani means business and if Newcastle drag their heels he will be off to invest somewhere else and show Ashley just what he is missing out on.”

Sportswear tycoon Ashley, 43, bought Newcastle from Freddy Shepherd in May last year for £130m but has been on the lookout to get his money back after being forced to clear £80m of debt.

Ambani wants to invest in clubs which have strong fan bases and sees the Toon as the perfect opportunity.

He has promised to pump more than £150m into the club, which will be music to the ears of the Toon Army, who have been angered by Ashley’s penny-pinching.

Only Jonas Guttierez and Liverpool cast-off Danny Guthrie have arrived at St James’ Park this summer.

No mention of the fact that we're about to sign Coloccini.

Yawn.

NEWCASTLE owner Mike Ashley has got one week to decide on his £260million Indian takeaway.

Indian billionaire Anil Ambani, the sixth richest man in the world, wants to buy the Toon and has told Ashley to give him a firm answer by next Monday.

Telecommunications magnate Ambani, 49, has more money than Roman Abramovich after amassing an incredible £21billion fortune and is competing with Singapore-based investors Profitable Group for a slice of the Tyneside action.

He is desperate to break into English football and will turn his attentions to Leeds United if his offer is turned down.

Ambani’s legal representatives will step up their approach this week but have told Ashley they will not be mucked around.

The Sun revealed last month that Ashley had failed to sell the club to InterMedia Sport after the New York-based firm was told it would cost a whopping £420m.

A source close to the deal said last night: “Ambani’s people have seen how Ashley dealt with the last round of takeover revelations and will not stand for any nonsense.

“Ambani means business and if Newcastle drag their heels he will be off to invest somewhere else and show Ashley just what he is missing out on.”

Sportswear tycoon Ashley, 43, bought Newcastle from Freddy Shepherd in May last year for £130m but has been on the lookout to get his money back after being forced to clear £80m of debt.

Ambani wants to invest in clubs which have strong fan bases and sees the Toon as the perfect opportunity.

He has promised to pump more than £150m into the club, which will be music to the ears of the Toon Army, who have been angered by Ashley’s penny-pinching.

Only Jonas Guttierez and Liverpool cast-off Danny Guthrie have arrived at St James’ Park this summer.

There's so much wrong with that article I don't know where to begin. :lol:

'News'.

A grin on his face and a replica shirt on his back, Mike Ashley did not look like a man preparing to sell Newcastle United as he posed for photographs with supporters and detailed his enthusiasm about the coming season, yet to borrow an old phrase, not everything in black and white makes sense. For all the sun, sea and sweat on the club’s summer trip to Majorca, speculation is now a constant, tiresome companion.

After Kevin Keegan’s appointment in January, Newcastle have a manager with an emotional resonance with fans, but the motives and ambitions of their billionaire owner hang in the ether. In the past year, the club have reengaged with their community and restocked their academy, yet somehow they have also become a mystery. If Keegan is the great communicator, Ashley is the noncommunicator.

While the sportswear retailer has been a visible presence – omnipresent in jeans and monochrome stripes, buying drinks for fans – his public pronouncements are rare. He has never held a press conference since buying the club and because Newcastle are no longer listed on the Stock Exchange, their business is conducted in private. He has never explained the reason for his expensive purchase.

Ashley spoke briefly in Spain. “I’m loving it,” he said. “I’m excited by the new season, of course I am. I’m really looking forward to it. I’m excited by Kevin, seeing the team play, all of it. I think we’re going to have a bit of fun.”

Asked to elucidate, he refused. Did he not have a message he wished to present to fans? “No,” he replied, laughing.

His earlier comments were instructive. Yesterday’s newspapers brought fresh mention of a possible takeover at St James’ Park, with reports suggesting that Ashley is in talks with Anil Ambani, the sixth-richest man in the world and head of Reliance Communications, the Indian telecommuncations firm, and that Newcastle are also being targeted by Profitable Group, a Singaporean investment company.

Those claims were dismissed by a Newcastle official, just as Ashley denied last month that he was negotiating with the Saudi Binladin Group or InterMedia Partners. “There is absolutely no truth in the rumours of an outright sale,” he said then, although he did concede that “if we had some multibillionaire that wanted a stake in the club, it will help”.

That lingering uncertainty has been compounded by some high-profile disappointments in the transfer market – the recruitment department is led by Dennis Wise, who was always thought to be an unusual choice, with a mandate to sign young, ambitious players – and the controversy surrounding Joey Barton. Long-term planning is a mantra at the club, but planning for what?

Keegan continues to offer inspiration, even if his pool of players is thin. Preseason training has been gruelling, matches against Hertha Berlin and Real Mallorca have been played in searing heat and alcohol has been banned, but the manager has maintained a holiday camp atmosphere; he has suggested requisitioning a silver tea urn for Newcastle’s underused trophy cabinet. In spite of the side’s difficulties last season, the competitive nature of the Barclays Premier League and his club’s magnetic relationship with instability, Keegan deals in exuberance. As an icon at Newcastle, he has hope invested in him, but his response is to ride the wave, not duck it.

“It’s my first summer back and it’s very exciting,” he said. “It’s everything I expected it to be. This is a good set of players to work with and they’ve got a great work ethic. There’s still a way to go before it kicks off and some things to learn, but there’s a real sense of anticipation within the camp.

“There are always expectations. It’s not just at Newcastle where there are expectations, but why shouldn’t we have them? We have a lot of quality, international players, we have added one good youngster in Danny Guthrie and a very good international in Jonás Gutiérrez. Hopefully, there will be one or two more. If we do that, we should be optimistic and the fans should be as well.

“People will look at the situation and make their own minds up, but our job is to try and fulfil all the promise we’ve got in the squad. We don’t know what lies ahead for us in terms of injuries, suspensions and luck, but there’s no reason why we can’t have our dreams. We might do better than a lot of people think.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4454118.ece

:lol:

What, and buy Leeds? A League One club who will cost him the equivalent of a bag of Wine Gums? Bet Ashley's gutted about missing out on that windfall.

Yawn.

Ambanis legal representatives will step up their approach this week but have told Ashley they will not be mucked around.

A source close to the deal said last night: Ambanis people have seen how Ashley dealt with the last round of takeover revelations and will not stand for any nonsense.

Ambani means business and if Newcastle drag their heels he will be off to invest somewhere else and show Ashley just what he is missing out on.

He has promised to pump more than £150m into the club, which will be music to the ears of the Toon Army, who have been angered by Ashleys penny-pinching.

Only Jonas Guttierez and Liverpool cast-off Danny Guthrie have arrived at St James Park this summer.

or Bassong

CUNTS

'The Sun revealed last month that Ashley had failed to sell the club to InterMedia Sport after the New York-based firm was told it would cost a whopping £420m.'

But now he's willing to accept £160m less. Damn, InterMedia must be PISSED.

Gan to bed.

Night night.

I'm not bothered what you think. He's always struck me as a WUM, I thought initially he was a mackem. And when he emailed that london journalist .............. But I'm off now anyway, I've said my piece.

I see, so when I try to arrange for the Hitzfeld Campaign a right of reply to some typically dumb comment by Shepherd that has caused genuine concern on this board, that is "dishing the dirt"?

But when this Frank Gilmour, speaking with the bogus authority of an evidently non-existant supporters' organisation, is happy to slag off the club to any hack who slips him a tenner, that's just great?

And you quibble when people call you a clown?

I like how the media focus on Ashley's "lack of communication".

I might have missed it because I don't focus on other clubs but when have Shinawatra, Lerner, Glazer, Abramovich, that bloke who owns West Ham, ever said anything?

A grin on his face and a replica shirt on his back, Mike Ashley did not look like a man preparing to sell Newcastle United as he posed for photographs with supporters and detailed his enthusiasm about the coming season, yet to borrow an old phrase, not everything in black and white makes sense. For all the sun, sea and sweat on the club’s summer trip to Majorca, speculation is now a constant, tiresome companion.

Ashley spoke briefly in Spain. “I’m loving it,” he said. “I’m excited by the new season, of course I am. I’m really looking forward to it. I’m excited by Kevin, seeing the team play, all of it. I think we’re going to have a bit of fun.”

Asked to elucidate, he refused. Did he not have a message he wished to present to fans? “No,” he replied, laughing.

Those claims were dismissed by a Newcastle official, just as Ashley denied last month that he was negotiating with the Saudi Binladin Group or InterMedia Partners. “There is absolutely no truth in the rumours of an outright sale,” he said then, although he did concede that “if we had some multibillionaire that wanted a stake in the club, it will help”.

End of story then.