Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest BooBoo

When he was put through for Shola's late chance, he looked so ponderous on the ball. Carr was absolutely eating up the ground on a bloke 12+ years younger than him.

He's a far better bet against John Terry than Shola or Loven.

He would probably raise his game against them too tbh,Pardew has nowt too lose playing him and i will have more respect if he does as Shola/Loven will be pissed on by Chelskis back 4.

I really like him coming off the bench against tiring sides.  He is the epitome of the impact player at present.  Just needs one to go in as he has a chronic lack of confidence.

I find it funny how just because someone aimlessly runs around it makes them a better player...

It's hardly been aimless. That's what Shola and Loven have been doing for the last few weeks anyway so you have no point.

I find it funny how just because someone aimlessly runs around it makes them a better player...

When they carry the ball and keep possesion it's better than just running (or strolling) about and doing nothing of note.

Ranger has eased the pressure on us a few times this season just by being able to hold/carry the ball and run at defenders.

He needs to work on all aspects of his end product but if he is at least keeping the opposition defence busy he is keeping ours untested.

It's hardly been aimless. That's what Shola and Loven have been doing for the last few weeks anyway so you have no point.

Ranger charges everything down which is a great thing, but it's no use if your fucked after 30minutes and can't score goals. He can potentially be a decent player, but he has a lot to learn. He could learn a great deal from Lovenkrands and his movement if he want's to be a good player.

[quote author=heza09 link=topic=54870.msg2948169#msg2

948169 date=1304861911]

When they carry the ball and keep possesion it's better than just running (or strolling) about and doing nothing of note.

Ranger has eased the pressure on us a few times this season just by being able to hold/carry the ball and run at defenders.

He needs to work on all aspects of his end product but if he is at least keeping the opposition defence busy he is keeping ours untested.

Very valid points. His running and harassing of defenders is very good, but he has a long way to go yet.

If he learns anything from Lovenkrands I'll cut my own face off.

Lovenkrandz is an intelligent player, he just hasn't got the legs and strike partner anymore.

He's somehow managed to be the shittest striker we have, behind the holy trio of Best, Shola and Lovenkrands. That's some impressive work right there.

He really isn't worse than Lovenkrands like

In terms of goal scoring ability he is.

He's somehow managed to be the shittest striker we have, behind the holy trio of Best, Shola and Lovenkrands. That's some impressive work right there.

Lovenkrands will score every 4-5 games so that counts in his favour. Mind Lovenkrands is as good as he's going to get - which is pretty shit. There's still the hope Ranger can improve and given a few games I don't think it's impossible he could start hitting goals.

In terms of goal scoring ability he is.

Hard to say until we afford him the type of runs in the team Loven is allowed

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/13/ranger-hopes-goals-tally-will-be-talking-point-72703-28688477/

Good words from the lad.

Dare we think Pardew is now having an effect and he's starting to take his job a bit more seriously? Hope so.

"And he hasn’t even had the chance to air the smiley tattoo he has inserted on his lower lip to celebrate his first Premier League goal."

That would be amazing! Right into the camera  :razz: