Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

This is a "shock" in that Ranger does have potential and could become a legitimately good player. Letting him go now would be silly especially when we could ship him out on loan to the Championship/wherever to get that experience he's lacking and come back an improved player.

On the other hand, he has apparent attitude problems which is stalling his progress and so letting him go wouldn't be too big of a loss.

Maybe this news will be a kick up the arse for him to sort himself out on/off the field. Personally, I would go with what I said in the first paragraph.

Starting to think this is just made up bullshit by the Sunday Sun, as per usual. No quotes, backtracking saying that if there's no takers come July he'll still be playing for us. (In other words saying "Just in case I'm wrong, here's me saying he could still be with us and I'll be correct either way.")

Starting to think this is just made up bullshit by the Sunday Sun, as per usual. No quotes, backtracking saying that if there's no takers come July he'll still be playing for us. (In other words saying "Just in case I'm wrong, here's me saying he could still be with us and I'll be correct either way.")

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Definitely true. Confirmed by Ranger's ppl & club. Ordered to go

4 hours ago

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

4 hours ago

Still weirds me out how Sunday Sun (of all papers) got the scoop though. :lol:

Although

"find a new club Nile"

"eh what? why?"

"oh and we will be wanting £1m + for you"

Will any club pay that for a lad with problems and NO Prem goals ? is this a final attempt at teach the lad a lesson

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

4 hours ago

The journalist in question clearly has a good source going off the Cabaye stuff.

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

4 hours ago

Or Mr Douglas is on the payroll ...

Guest sicko2ndbest

If we got rid for a million and brought dj Campbell in as his replacement

A it would be an upgrade

And

B it would stop the little rat scoring against u's

(he has a 1m buyout in his contract if blackpool went down)

Just loan him out, he's been crying out of it for two years now, surely were not going to go three on the bounce as I can't see us selling him, certainly not for a million.

Kick up the arse time, sort your life out, your career out and grow the fuk up or end up with nothing.

If we got rid for a million and brought dj Campbell in as his replacement

A it would be an upgrade

And

B it would stop the little rat scoring against u's

(he has a 1m buyout in his contract if blackpool went down)

He comes across as a bit of a prick as well.

Not really sure what to make of this one tbh.

I think Ranger has potential but he also has issues, the people at the club are in a better position than I am as to how they weigh up against each other.

Enrique's just wished him well in the future on Twitter

Why the f*** are we so desperate to get rid? Surely something has happend.

NOT.

A.

REAL.

ACCOUNT.

Thought it was his old one that was re-opened. My bad.

Guest Heneage

It's happened quicker than I thought it would . Maybe it's a shock tactic, mind you I don't think he would care enough to change.

Seems a bit odd.

If he's on a 5 year deal, then why don't they send him out on-loan until christmas. If he does well elsewhere then you know he's either worth keeping or has at least upped his sale value, if he does badly then it's unlikely to have put much of a dent in his current value.