Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

i'll credit him with scoring goals. right now i'd have him in the team for that alone regardless of his overall performances.

the butt bit was about causality as you appear to think thosethings happened just because ranger was playing.

So you'd have Ranger in the team against Cardiff then, because he helped create a goal. You just dont think his performances deserves any credit either, at the same time ?

Do i really have to go into why Ranger has been useful for us when upfront, as a side thats played longball football. It should be massively obvious.

who said he hean't been useful ? i've already said i'd have been starting him instead of harewood. just because i don't think he has been as wonderful as some are making out doesn't mean i don't think he's any good.

why are you trying to make out i think that ?

Referring only to strikers? No indication of that in the post.

and referring only to strikers who have played regularly (3 of them)

Referring to the fact that hes done well consistantly and id give him credit for that over players who havent proven they can yet. You two :lol:

Referring only to strikers? No indication of that in the post.

and referring only to strikers who have played regularly (3 of them)

Referring to the fact that hes done well consistantly and id give him credit for that over players who havent proven they can yet. You two :lol:

you'll see i don't think he's proven anything yet, 1 good game and one ok game does not a star make or mean consistency.

for what it's worth after carroll, nolan has been our best forward when he has played off a front man.

who said he hean't been useful ? i've already said i'd have been starting him instead of harewood. just because i don't think he has been as wonderful as some are making out doesn't mean i don't think he's any good.

You go off in all directions then you question me about it.

You said he did badly against Cardiff, i disagreed. You're now saying he was useful & wondering why theres any confusion. What you've just agreed with is what you just spent the last 4 pages or so arguing with me over ya nutcase. Thats the only reason the we kept discussing it.

When you're going out of your way to disagree with why a players done well, it comes off as you not thinking a players done well ?

you'll see i don't think he's proven anything yet, 1 good game and one ok game does not a star make or mean consistency.

for what it's worth after carroll, nolan has been our best forward when he has played off a front man.

Dont think Nolans at his best when upfront, pretty sure he's scored all his goals in the space behind. Obviously im not counting him as a strikeras most dont. He's shown a touch of class more consistantly than anyone in our side bar perhaps Enrique.

You go off in all directions then you question me about it.

You said he did badly against Cardiff, i disagreed. You're now saying he was useful & wondering why theres any confusion. What you've just agreed with is what you just spent the last 4 pages or so arguing with me over ya nutcase. Thats the only reason the we kept discussing it.

When you're going out of your way to disagree with why a players done well, it comes off as you not thinking a players done well ?

i said he was useful in general if not particularly in that game even though he had a minor role in the goal (if he'd scored the winner it still wouldn't mean he'd had a good game). you could even say he done well in that instance without doing well throughhout the game.

i said he was useful in general if not particularly in that game even though he had a minor role in the goal (if he'd scored the winner it still wouldn't mean he'd had a good game). you could even say he done well in that instance without doing well throughhout the game.

When you add together his good performances & the games where he's played about average but had instances like that you'll find the reason most think hes done better than you do. He's had a lot of moments of showing a good amount of potential & i expect if he played more he'd improve further. There ya go

When you add together his good performances & the games where he's played about average but had instances like that you'll find the reason most think hes done better than you do. He's had a lot of moments of showing a good amount of potential & i expect if he played more he'd improve further. There ya go

good performance (singular!) and when i add up all the good stuff i think " he's a good prospect but why are people going way over the top about him ?"

Ranger has similar attributes to Didier Drogba imo, who didn't turn into a good goalscorer until his mid 20's. Not saying he has that sort of potential of course, just that he does have a few similarities to Drogba in how he holds the ball up, his physique, the technique/control he shows in flashes, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Drogba#Statistics

Drogba's first four seasons at Le Mans, who were in the French 2nd division at the time, hardly indicated a future world class striker in the making there (although admittedly can't tell from those stats how many were substitute appearances).

We've been through this before like, Drogba started off as a defender and eventually became a striker at Le Mans, essentially playing catch-up until the age of 25 or so.

Wrong. Drogba a high scoring forward as a youth in France before he even went to Le Mans. (I forget which club he came from) He started football later than most and had injury problems, hence the slow start.

Fans of Nile Ranger on Facebook

(out of 950 - as of December 5th 2009)

Top countries

United Kingdom - 812

Norway - 31

United States - 21

Ireland - 11

Australia - 7

Denmark - 6

Spain - 5

Poland - 5

Sweden - 5