Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Ranger's looks like he could go on to be the best, possibly by some way if he sorts a few things out. He's not there yet though.

I agree, ive actually been very impressed with hows he's played. Bare in mind he's still only 18 he has a lot of things going for him. Its very very difficult for physical type  strikers to make impressions on games at the age of 18 he's done it a few times. Theres definitely someting Drogba-esque about him, still a huge amount for him to learn though.

Also bear in mind the rest of the strikers are pretty shit, so it's not that big a leap of faith to think he might be the best one day. He looks as though he has something about him and I think a goal would do him the world of good. Impact sub is probably the best role for him at the moment I think.

Not that you can begin to explain why.

Ranger has put himself about in every single game he has played in, has set up attacks, held the ball up well.  Everyone can see his promise ..especially given his scoring records in lower levels and his maturity for his age.

Xisco did precisely fuck all, except score a tap-in, didn't see any sort of ability from him other than looking cumbersome - for £5 million excepted a lot more.  Regardless of the fee everyone wanted him to succeed.. just like Luque.. just like Viana.  If Xisco showed any sort of promise, fans would have given him time.. just like we did for Enrique.. no?

Instead he refused to show up/train - whatever it was - pre-season, sulked and got his move elsewhere.  Where he is doing .. not much.

Refused to train? More made up nonsense.

All the Deportivo fans said the same about him, grafter, runs his bollocks off for the team. But he comes here and becomes lazy because he's an expensive striker who didn't look like scoring.

I see Ranger's promise, I also see a player who never looks like scoring despite being a striker.

Xisco run round a lot? :lol: when?

Did he ever get back and help out? did he clear stuff out of our box? did he run round close players down? did he lose the ball chase back 30 yards go to ground and win the ball back?

Did he win the ball it up and bring others into play?

What makes Xisco lazy and Ranger anything but?

Both run around lots, exert more or less the same amount of effort, but one's a young english lad who's come from the reserves and didn't cost a penny.

Xisco does not put in anywhere near the same shift as ranger.

Back that up somehow.

Did he ever get back and help out? did he clear stuff out of our box? did he run round close players down? did he lose the ball chase back 30 yards go to ground and win the ball back?

Scott Parker?

Scott Parker?

WTF are you on about now... all you had to do was see Xisco play and see Ranger play to see that Nile puts in much more effort than Xisco ever did.

Parker was not and never was a lazy player.

Refused to train? More made up nonsense.

All the Deportivo fans said the same about him, grafter, runs his bollocks off for the team. But he comes here and becomes lazy because he's an expensive striker who didn't look like scoring.

I see Ranger's promise, I also see a player who never looks like scoring despite being a striker.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,64375.0.html

:lol:

Scott Parker?

WTF are you on about now... all you had to do was see Xisco play and see Ranger play to see that Nile puts in much more effort than Xisco ever did.

I don't think you've quite grasped the concept of a striker putting in effort. ie Intelligent, disciplined running.

Scott Parker?

I love it how when you have no retort you come back with some other crap.

Scott Parker?

I don't think you've quite grasped the concept of a striker putting in effort. ie Intelligent, disciplined running.

Rangers 18 FFS so maybe he does make the wrong runs sometimes, most of the time I would say his runs are intelligient, he drifts out wide pulling the centrehalf enabling Midfielders to brak into the box un marked.  HE also closes down the opposition constantly never allowing them to settle so they can'tplay out from the back much.

Scott Parker?

Too funny, Xisco did non of that anyway .. are you ever going to make an intelligent post??

Scott Parker?

Too funny, Xisco did non of that anyway .. are you ever going to make an intelligent post??

I never said he did.  :lol:

Scott Parker?

I never said he did.  :lol:

You said he did alot of running though.