Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Ranger had a hand in our goal against Cardiff.

Who do you think did well against Cardiff & QPR ? Because the rest of our side were class those games.

The results back up his performances, it should be obvious why you cant use Butt in the same argument. Even when ignoring that his performances have been gash. Different positions, different levels of influence over the game. Butt can be crap and still not effect much. If Ranger was crap we often wouldnt have scored when he played, as we mainly kicked it long.

had a hand in our goal.....laid it back for a cross didn't he. hardly a touch of class. the results do not back up his performance as he played poorly in those games i mentioned.

contrary to popular opinion players can have hands in goals or even score yet still play poorly. i used butt as an example to prove this.

He challenged two defenders and the keeper for the ball & nearly won. Thats why the keeper cleared it poorly to Colo. If he doesnt do that, we dont score. I dont personally ignore those kind of contributions as they do make a difference.

Again the results do back it up, as i said he's done well most of the times he's played. Not every single game, in certain games the entire side was rubbish. Doesnt make sense to single Ranger out in that sense. If you're comparing consistantly solid performances, he's only 2nd behind Carroll. The only thing he has missed is a goal & getting time upfront.

He challenged two defenders and the keeper for the ball & nearly won. Thats why the keeper cleared it poorly to Colo. If he doesnt do that, we dont score. I dont personally ignore those kind of contributions as they do make a difference.

Again the results do back it up, as i said he's done well most of the times he's played. Not every single game, in certain games the entire side was rubbish. Doesnt make sense to single Ranger out in that sense. If you're comparing consistantly solid performances, he's only 2nd behind Carroll. The only thing he has missed is a goal & getting time upfront.

:clap:

Spot on, the other things he does make a difference too, he has won us games without scoring himself.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I would love to see Alan Shearer to spend two hours with Ranger.

Your lurid imagination never ceases to disgust me.

fucks sake if thats the case we have to applaud whoever put the ball in for ranger to challenge, and whoever got the ball to him and colo for getting the ball wide etc etc etc.

when in fact what you are saying is that in the run up to the goal he played a part, not even a touch, therefore the goal was down to him. favouritism at it's most pathetic blindness.

Ranger's looks like he could go on to be the best, possibly by some way if he sorts a few things out. He's not there yet though.

I agree, ive actually been very impressed with hows he's played. Bare in mind he's still only 18 he has a lot of things going for him. Its very very difficult for physical type  strikers to make impressions on games at the age of 18 he's done it a few times. Theres definitely someting Drogba-esque about him, still a huge amount for him to learn though.

f***s sake if thats the case we have to applaud whoever put the ball in for ranger to challenge, and whoever got the ball to him and colo for getting the ball wide etc etc etc.

when in fact what you are saying is that in the run up to the goal he played a part, not even a touch, therefore the goal was down to him. favouritism at it's most pathetic blindness.

Exactly man, same with Krul after WBA. Bias is beyond belief.

Had Xisco put in the exact performances that Ranger had, you'd all have the knifes out. 19 games without a goal, lazy spanish t*** etc etc etc.

Xisco showed nothing at all, he cried on for games and the few chances he got he was fkn shocking, Nile has given his all worked dam hard for the team.

Am not knocking Carroll but at the end of thier careers I think Ranger will be remembered as a much better player.

Had Xisco put in the exact performances that Ranger had, you'd all have the knifes out. 19 games without a goal, lazy spanish t*** etc etc etc.

Xisco showed nothing at all, he cried on for games and the few chances he got he was fkn shocking, Nile has given his all worked dam hard for the team.

Am not knocking Carroll but at the end of thier careers I think Ranger will be remembered as a much better player.

quite possibly but not based on what they have actually done so far.