Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Ranger needs to be loaned out next season. And I prefer Loven together with Best. Loven makes those intelligent runs that nobody else in the team does. The problem is that he's not getting the balls he needs. Although Jonas spotted him nicely against Bham.  Also Loven makes Jonas better, and visa versa.

Loven's series of games have done him good and he's improved for each game. I predicted from him against Bham, and I expect one when we meet Bolton.

I think Ranger will do better if we keep him here rather than loaning him out.

Ranger needs to be loaned out next season. And I prefer Loven together with Best. Loven makes those intelligent runs that nobody else in the team does. The problem is that he's not getting the balls he needs. Although Jonas spotted him nicely against Bham.  Also Loven makes Jonas better, and visa versa.

Loven's series of games have done him good and he's improved for each game. I predicted from him against Bham, and I expect one when we meet Bolton.

What Ranger needs is regular playing time, day in and day out. That did it for Carroll, and the result of Wilshere's loan to Bolton is obvious today.

What Ranger needs is regular playing time, day in and day out. That did it for Carroll, and the result of Wilshere's loan to Bolton is obvious today.

I'd say Ramsay's injury has had more to do with Wilshere's progress, as he's been able to get on the pitch at Arsenal because of it.

I agree that he needs more regular games.  I also think keeping him here to work with our squad and staff will have its benefits as if he goes out he'll probably go to a club which doesn't have out facilities.  Doing well in front of our manager will get him more brownie points than playing 5 good games away from the club at a lower level.

I'd say Ramsay's injury has had more to do with Wilshere's progress, as he's been able to get on the pitch at Arsenal because of it.

Wilshere's loan would have gone through, regardless of Ramsey's injury. And it was in Bolton he took the step, which enabled him to push for the Arsenal XI when he came back. Without that loan, he would not have been capable to do that..

Wilshere's loan would have gone through, regardless of Ramsey's injury. And it was in Bolton he took the step, which enabled him to push for the Arsenal XI when he came back. Without that loan, he would not have been capable to do that..

He was only loaned to Bolton though as he couldn't get a game ahead of Ramsey. So when he came back Ramsey was still injured, so he was able to grab his chance.

Until summer, we don't have great proven options up front. Instead of persisting with Loven who has peaked in his career, I'd much rather be trying to get Ranger a run in the side alongside Best. Getting him some top flight experience could be invaluable this early in his career.

probably does deserve a start but in the past he has faded badly when he's hadt o play 90 minutes. Tough call.

Not really a decent/sizable sample IMO. Also, always seems to have been played with our "lesser" midfield players.

Guest Nikos34

probably does deserve a start but in the past he has faded badly when he's hadt o play 90 minutes. Tough call.

To be fair has he ever had a run of 90 minute games? NEVER. Persist with the lad because he's got everything. Goals come with starts.

Of course he can finish. He banged them in for fun at reserve level.

So have many players, you need more composure and more confidence at the top level.

Agreed. It's  unwise to throw him into the lions right now. If he starts, and doesn't score, that will both  hurt him and the team. It will affect his confidence. He needs to build his confidence in Championship first,  like Carroll, before he's allowed to start games in PL

It's his roughness that result in his impacts when he comes on. At that point the opponent's defenders are feeling the fatigue, while Ranger is fresh and ready. If Ranger starts a game, his fatigue will correlate with the opponent's defenders. Thus he doesn't get his advantage of having more energy.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

So have many players, you need more composure and more confidence at the top level.

Agreed. It's  unwise to throw him into the lions right now. If he starts, and doesn't score, that will both  hurt him and the team. It will affect his confidence. He needs to build his confidence in Championship first,  like Carroll, before he's allowed to start games in PL

It's his roughness that result in his impacts when he comes on. At that point the opponent's defenders are feeling the fatigue, while Ranger is fresh and ready. If Ranger starts a game, his fatigue will correlate with the opponent's defenders. Thus he doesn't get his advantage of having more energy.

:thup:

Case in point the Fulham came where he had 80minutes or so and wasn't nearly as effective.

Guest Nikos34

How can a young promising talent progress by not playing as many minutes as possible?? I don't understand.

Case in point the Fulham came where he had 80minutes or so and wasn't nearly as effective.

Fulham was a poor team perfomance so I'd be reluctant to use that as an example.  He's never been given a run in the team to prove what he can do so it's all speculation at the moment as to how he'd do.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Fulham was a poor team perfomance so I'd be reluctant to use that as an example.  He's never been given a run in the team to prove what he can do so it's all speculation at the moment as to how he'd do.

I was tempted to add a caveat regarding poor team performance/tactics.

I've said this before, but I feel inclined to say it again.

I disagree with the assertion that Ranger is better than Carroll was at a similar age / stage of development.  Carroll possessed a sounder positional awareness to Ranger when at similar 'stages' of development.  His performances felt maturer, he was consistent and he looked like a seasoned footballer.  It was this framework that allowed Carroll to rapidly develop, coupled in with his astonishing rise in mental strength. 

Ranger is raw in his link-up play, he looks positionally inexperienced and he lacks the right form of composure in front of goal.  He has shown only glimpses of his potential, seemingly only when up against tired legs in stretched games.  Finally, I very much doubt that he has the personality and mental strength to improve his game sufficiently over the next 2/3 vital years.

For me, as of now, Ranger wont make it. 

I think that you may be in for a hard time soon, as these comments will come back to haunt you sooner than you think.

Guest Nikos34

The kid looks great so let's get behind him hey!

I wanna be like Nile Ranger,

He only lives for sex and danger,

He can gan left,

He can gan right,

He can gan left or he can gan right,

Nile Ranger shoots on sight!