Nile Ranger

stozo

• 2 weeks later...

Think he's going to have a lot more games than I expected now this season, especially if we don't sign anyone before the window closes.

With Smith now predominantly a midfielder (which I don't agree with), Martins, Owen & Viduka gone. That leaves the two lumps (Carroll & Shola) and Xisco. Probably out 4th choice striker now, maybe 3rd because Xisco has been treated unfairly in my opinion. I would be more happy with Xisco and Ranger leading the line than Carroll and Shola.

Think he's going to have a lot more games than I expected now this season, especially if we don't sign anyone before the window closes.

With Smith now predominantly a midfielder (which I don't agree with), Martins, Owen & Viduka gone. That leaves the two lumps (Carroll & Shola) and Xisco. Probably out 4th choice striker now, maybe 3rd because Xisco has been treated unfairly in my opinion. I would be more happy with Xisco and Ranger leading the line than Carroll and Shola.

Seemingly everyone who's seen Xisco play for the club in the last 6 months thinks he's gash. That's not to say he hasn't been treated badly mind.

Seemingly everyone who's seen Xisco play for the club in the last 6 months thinks he's gash...

While there hasn't been any massive wow moments as such, he's has been canny enough for me. I'd have no problem seeing what he can do over a season, though not sure whether he'd makes a good pairing with Carrol (who should be starting now imho).

Seemingly everyone who's seen Xisco play for the club in the last 6 months thinks he's gash. That's not to say he hasn't been treated badly mind.

Was just basing it on Keegan not playing him and quotes from the player himself about JFK not really fancying him. Injuries clearly haven't helped. Think we should play him, otherwise we have another Luque on our hands.

Seemingly everyone who's seen Xisco play for the club in the last 6 months thinks he's gash...

While there hasn't been any massive wow moments as such, he's has been canny enough for me. I'd have no problem seeing what he can do over a season, though not sure whether he'd makes a good pairing with Carrol (who should be starting now imho).

Fair play. The overriding impression I got from the regular reserve / friendly goers (esp binnsy) was that he's turboshit. I'm not going to claim I've seen much of him myself.