Nile Ranger

stozo

Well thanks for that, but i think it's absolute nonsense. I've never seen him play, but that sir, is all just plain wrong. :smug:

He is good whacking into kids who are about his height or he is bigger than but he wont be able to do that at the top level. He is physically not big enough to impose his game on Premier League centre backs. He needs to toughen up & the lower leagues is ideal.

He's much more skinny than I thought he'd be.

This is what I have been saying, he can whack into centre halfs at this level but he will bounce off blokes in the Premiership or they will just hold him off with ease.

I take it you were at the game today, what did you think of our team? Anyone impress you? We got battered 2nd half.

Well thanks for that, but i think it's absolute nonsense. I've never seen him play, but that sir, is all just plain wrong. :smug:

He is good whacking into kids who are about height or he is bigger than but he wont be able to do that at the top level. He is physically not big enough to impose his game on Premier League centre backs. He needs to toughen up & the lower leagues is ideal.

;) I believe you. Was just conforming to forum agenda.

From the only clip i've seen of him, he did look surprisingly slight. If he bulked out a bit he could have the makings of a class centre-forward. He seems to have the raw talent to go with it, like.

He is good whacking into kids who are about height or he is bigger than but he wont be able to do that at the top level. He is physically not big enough to impose his game on Premier League centre backs. He needs to toughen up & the lower leagues is ideal.

;) I believe you. Was just conforming to forum agenda.

:thup: :iamatwat:

The bloke is huge, and his jump is unbelievable.

"I wasn't offside, what are you talking about?" are words that will stick with me forever....

You did okay today PM :thup:

When you say huge with Sam Ameobi next to him who is about the same build, them two are going to destroy the U18 league this year.

"I wasn't offside, what are you talking about?" are words that will stick with me forever....

When you say huge with Sam Ameobi next to him who is about the same build, them two are going to destroy the U18 league this year.

Thanks mate :)

The two of them wouldn't be bad basketballers to be honest.

I am glad you posted that I am going to go & watch the Eagles play tonight & I had forgotten all about it.

I like the football at this level as you can hear the communication from the benchs, refs & players. Are refs at the top level as vocal? Watching the U16's last week & U18's this week I feel the refs are giving the players advice rather than just telling them laws of the game, which I think is great.

I am glad you posted that I am going to go & watch the Eagles play tonight & I had forgotten all about it.

I like the football at this level as you can hear the communication from the benchs, refs & players. Are refs at the top level as vocal? Watching the U16's last week & U18's this week I feel the refs are giving the players advice rather than just telling them laws of the game, which I think is great.

It varies from referee to referee really, depending on personal style.  The referee today was superb talking-wise, and it helped him keep a firm grip on the game right from the off.  In the past in that fixture we've seen red cards, managers sent off, the lot.  Today there was absolutely no danger of that whatsoever.  A classic example of the opposite uncommunicative stance is our old favourite (and now FA Head of Refereeing) Neale Barry, who just never ever spoke to players.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, but that was his style.

"I wasn't offside, what are you talking about? Mandems are gonna get you innit pow pow brraaappp"

Adam^ - PESPESPESPESPESPESPESPES says (00:29):

whats the crack with you not being on the first team photo ?

(H)NILE RANGER(H)STR888888888888888 LIKE A BANANA !!!!!!! says (00:30):

i kno ikno i dnt kno y

Adam^ - PESPESPESPESPESPESPESPES says (00:31):

should have words, shola doesn't score for two years and he is on ! You've scored loads !

(H)NILE RANGER(H)STR888888888888888 LIKE A BANANA !!!!!!! says (00:31):

lool

This kids on fire like, 2 more last night, he has to get a chance man he just has to.

Got a feeling the lad is going to be class. Surely he's worth having as a impact player from the bench. He will at least be better than Carrol was against City.

Guest Heneage

We need to calm though, the more I think the more I remember the Waltons and Chopras who scored buckets.

110% agree a talent with real potential, but by no certainty a quality player. Would love to see him make it though.

i think we waited too long to get chopra in the first team, i dont think ranger should be a regular, but should be around the squad as much as possible, bench time and sub appearances etc

Guest firetotheworks

A bit of light relief from yesterdays match:

My mams a taxi driver and picked up Nile Ranger from town last night.He was eating a McDonalds and admitted that he shouldnt really have been eating one. He told my mam he played for Newcastle and then uttered the well known 'do you know who I am?' line, but not in that up yourself context, more in the context of asking if she knew which player he was within the team. My mam asked if he was any good and he said 'well, yknow' and then gave her this text message that he has on his phone that says 'excuse me boss, you have a text message'...overall she said he seemed like a nice fella. Nothing groundbreaking, but this is the kind of thing cults like to hear about.