Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

Guest shaun11177

This was on the cards when we signed Bassong-the squad will be 22-2 players each position therefore i see no new strikers coming in or midfielders only 2 defenders for the full back positions.

This was on the cards when we signed Bassong-the squad will be 22-2 players each position therefore i see no new strikers coming in or midfielders only 2 defenders for the full back positions.

KK already said we will replace who we sell

And we want 2 more no matter what

KK already said we will replace who we sell

And we want 2 more no matter what

I guess that means 4 then

I got to watch a training session and eat with the players at the back end of last season as part of a prize a family friend won at a charity auction at the NUFC fashion show. The banter and atmosphere did some to be generally really good between the players.

One thing i did notice though, is that Faye got in a strop on quite a few occasions. After Diatta had been involved in a late challenge on another player (possibly smith IIRC) , Faye got involved and was really aggressive, moody and complained for the rest of the session. Keegan had to take him to one side to tell him to settle down. Im not sure if there was a rift of any sort between him and other players but he definitely did not look too happy.

If faye is as good as people think then you'd assume a better team than stoke would want him even if it's only as a squad player. It seems to me that he must have fucked up big time with KK and perhaps thinks he's a lot better than he is....a view not shared by any other premier league team other than the one that is going down at the end of the season.

I think KK is a legend and cause like selling Amobie justfy this. I can not forgive Booby or the other mangers to stick with Bramble and Amobie. KK know what good football is and givin money I belive he will create the same side like the 90ties here.

In KK we trust.

Guest shaun11177

Well i think its just rebalancing the squad, i dont think we will sign another centre half i think the replacements will be fullbacks.

Not convinced at all about us signing another striker.

I think KK is a legend and cause like selling Amobie justfy this. I can not forgive Booby or the other mangers to stick with Bramble and Amobie. KK know what good football is and givin money I belive he will create the same side like the 90ties here.

In KK we trust.

Seconded :thup:

I had my doubts when we announced the return of the mack, but he's putting them all to rest one at a time. If Faye is disrupting things behind the scenes (as is hinted at) and/or KK doesn't rate him then I've no problem at all.

I reckon Keegan is genuinely happy with his four centre-backs of Coloccini, Taylor, Cacapa & Bassong. Whether it's strong enough is another matter.

I have to say Bassong looked pretty good to me, quick and strong and read the game pretty well.

With Colo barking orders at the back albeit in spanish, they could shape up nicely including Taylor.

If faye is as good as people think then you'd assume a better team than stoke would want him even if it's only as a squad player. It seems to me that he must have fucked up big time with KK and perhaps thinks he's a lot better than he is....a view not shared by any other premier league team other than the one that is going down at the end of the season.

I thought that opinion was shot to bits when Bellamy joined Blackburn who had finished 15th the previous season.

Here's a tip for you lad, try watching games and forming an opinion on what you see with your own 2 eyes, not on the "Rafa rates him so he must be good!" approach.

Muppet.

Think people is to hard on Taylor. He has played well at the pre-season and I think he will be quite good. Also remember that Colo will be a quite good partner too that will help Taylor nicely :snod:

From Stoke's point of view though he's a good signing, might just help them avoid embarassment a la Derby.

They're getting a solid, experienced defender for a small fee. They should be pissing themselves.

He's not superb but I'd rather have him here, than have an extra £2m in the bank and have to promote Taylor to automatic first choice.

From Stoke's point of view though he's a good signing, might just help them avoid embarassment a la Derby.

They're getting a solid, experienced defender for a small fee. They should be pissing themselves.

He's not superb but I'd rather have him here, than have an extra £2m in the bank and have to promote Taylor to automatic first choice.

I completely agree, only mitigating factor might be whatever has gone on behind the scenes. And also who might yet arrive.

I'm still leaning towards it being a bad sale, but we'll see.