Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

I'd love Taylor to be good and time is on his side he's still very young. My only worry is the last couple of seasons he seems to have stayed pretty much the same. Hopefully putting him in there with a good defender will improve him.

To be fair to him he has had to act like the leader for the last couple of years due to being paired with utter dross. Maybe he just needs not be the main man for a while and mature a bit. Hope he comes up trumps.

I can't believe some of the reactions on here.

If Faye wants to leave, so be it.

But he's not a massive loss.

In my opinion, it seems fashionable to bash Taylor at the minute, and fashionable to rate Faye, when in reality there isn't much between them.

Even if we don't replace him, it's not a massive loss.

Disagree, while not a massive loss, we can ill afford to be letting experienced centre halves go without a replacement.  We have no idea how Colo will fit into a new league (from posts on that Depo forum, he took a while there), Capaca is old, fragile and very shaky against physical teams and Taylor is both inconsistent and prone to the odd injury.

This is on the nail - we need a replacement, Cacapa was poor last season, and is a year older now(AND slower...)

I'd love Taylor to be good and time is on his side he's still very young. My only worry is the last couple of seasons he seems to have stayed pretty much the same. Hopefully putting him in there with a good defender will improve him.

To be fair to him he has had to act like the leader for the last couple of years due to being paired with utter dross. Maybe he just needs not be the main man for a while and mature a bit. Hope he comes up trumps.

I think he needs to stop thinking he's the main man and just concentrate on his game. Anyway, he's committed his future here and he'll get a clean slate from me. Nothing would please me more than to see him have a great season and establish himself alongside Coloccini.

Not again.

Odd that we are letting him go, he must want to.

Taylor will be great with Colo this year anyway, he'll come on leaps and bounds.

Hope you're right. I actually want Taylor to be really good.

In my opinion, it seems fashionable to bash Taylor at the minute, and fashionable to rate Faye, when in reality there isn't much between them.

Disagree, while not a massive loss, we can ill afford to be letting experienced centre halves go without a replacement.  We have no idea how Colo will fit into a new league (from posts on that Depo forum, he took a while there), Capaca is old, fragile and very shaky against physical teams and Taylor is both inconsistent and prone to the odd injury.

This is on the nail - we need a replacement, Cacapa was poor last season, and is a year older now(AND slower...)

Bassong has no Prem experience and Edgar isn't upto it unfortunately.

Guest geordienorway

Went to the training ground this morning, N'Zogbia and Faye didnt come in. Shola did.

Unless Faye and N'Zogbia were hiding in someone elses car of course.

What about Beye and Colo?

Went to the training ground this morning, N'Zogbia and Faye didnt come in. Shola did.

Unless Faye and N'Zogbia were hiding in someone elses car of course.

What about Beye and Colo?

Both in.

Taylor's once again going to be exposed for the shite defender he is this season and this time next year the 'still young, playing with crap' excuses will still be used

Not excuses, reasons. Can you not see the difference.

Young players apparently have to scope for mistakes these days, shame really.

Guest Chubby Jason

Maybe we should have signed Ben Haim...

Not really many players around I can think capable of replacing for for the £2-3million figure that's he's supposedly going for.

How brilliant would it be if we signed another top class CB to partner Collochini? I really can't remember the last time we had a partnership of two good-to-world-class centre-back's playing together. It's always been the case of good paired up with shite, ala Woodgate/Bramble...or even shite/shite ala Bramble/Boumsong.

Very much spot on, although i think we do need a replacement and it would be a loss if we don't. Rest is correct.

For some reason people expect Taylor to be like John Terry now. He's 22 years old. John Terry wasn't the class he is now until Jose came. He was getting there the season before Jose came but he wasn't as good as he is now till then. I'm guessing he was old than 22 at that point.

Taylor's once again going to be exposed for the shite defender he is this season and this time next year the 'still young, playing with crap' excuses will still be used

Best centre back we've had for a good while.

But he's local and not great on CM2008, so he must be shit.

Guest Chubby Jason

This has to be Taylors season to come good, all this potential everyone see's in him has to come together..

A lot of people said that last year, with a good man-manager with an eye for a good CB coming taking over in Allardyce. And it has to be said he was one of the worst centre-back's in the league last season.

I will be very dissapointed if he starts against Man United.

This has to be Taylors season to come good, all this potential everyone see's in him has to come together..

A lot of people said that last year, with a good man-manager with an eye for a good CB coming taking over in Allardyce. And it has to be said he was one of the worst centre-back's in the league last season.

Yes Fat Cunt Sam was a big hit wasn't he?  :lol:

He wasn't even our worst, get a grip.

Guest neesy111

apart from the bbc reporting this, there hasn't been anything picked up by the chronicle etc, the bbc are known now to be just as reliable as the sun

Yes Fat Cunt Sam was a big hit wasn't he?  :lol:

Aye that was Cacapa, solely based on the Portsmouth game of course.

Guest Chubby Jason

Yes Fat c*** Sam was a big hit wasn't he?  :lol:

Well no he wasn't a big hit in the slightest but Taylor can't blame him for his shit form. And in my opinion he was our worst by a long way, how many mistakes did he make last season? Also his behaviour regarding demanding a new contract while the club was shipping goals and in a relegation battle was a disgrace.

....Oh well, just seen Faye has signed for Stoke.

Our future is in your hands young Tayls!!

Well no he wasn't a big hit in the slightest but Taylor can't blame him for his s*** form. And in my opinion he was our worst by a long way, how many mistakes did he make last season? Also his behaviour regarding demanding a new contract while the club was shipping goals and in a relegation battle was a disgrace.

Source?  I've not seen that anywhere

Guest Chubby Jason

Well no he wasn't a big hit in the slightest but Taylor can't blame him for his s*** form. And in my opinion he was our worst by a long way, how many mistakes did he make last season? Also his behaviour regarding demanding a new contract while the club was shipping goals and in a relegation battle was a disgrace.

Source?  I've not seen that anywhere

Blonde woman on Sky Sports News.